18th January 2019, 10:21 AM
Ramsanga Tuallawt

Am I eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service exam if having a backlog in BCom(H)?

Hello everyone, I want to apply for Indian Foreign Service exam. But, I have a backlog in BCom(H) however, I have completed my Graduation. So, am I eligible to apply for this IFS exam? Please tell me as soon as possible.

25th January 2019, 05:36 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Service exam if having a backlog in BCom(H)?

To be an IFS (Indian Foreign Service) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination and therefore to become an IFS officer is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor's degree course are also eligible.

So, having backlogs in your bachelor's degree course, you are not eligible to apply for the same examination, unless you complete your bachelor's degree course by clearing all your backlog papers.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?