13th July 2014, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Detailed information about courses and expenses needed to prepare for IAS and IFS exam? Which one is better either IAS or IFS? How IAS is differ from IFS in respect to Prelims, Mains and Interview?

I am in second year of b.com graduation.Not very bright student but hardworking.I decided to make my career in Civil Services.Now here, I am confused between the IAS and IFS, tht which ones better if taken as careers.I really need help. I don't have any problem in staying abroad as well as in india. I also wanted to know whether the courses of IAS and IFS are the same and if they are not same, what are the diffrences? Diffrences in prelims, mains and interview.
I need full details about the courses, finance needed (maximum), and my life after being an officer in both the cases.
I would prefer detailed guidance explaining the pros and cons relating to both the services(specially IFS).

16th July 2014, 11:58 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about courses and expenses needed to prepare for IAS and IFS exam? Which one is better either IAS or IFS? How IAS is differ from IFS in respect to Prelims, Mains and Interview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in second year of b.com graduation.Not very bright student but hardworking.I decided to make my career in Civil Services.Now here, I am confused between the IAS and IFS, tht which ones better if taken as careers.I really need help. I don't have any problem in staying abroad as well as in india. I also wanted to know whether the courses of IAS and IFS are the same and if they are not same, what are the diffrences? Diffrences in prelims, mains and interview.
I need full details about the courses, finance needed (maximum), and my life after being an officer in both the cases.
I would prefer detailed guidance explaining the pros and cons relating to both the services(specially IFS).

IAS and IFS are both being held by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and these two exams are held every year.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

IFS - Indian Forest Service

There are certain eligibility standards which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they include such as:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Education qualification

The qualification between IAS and IFS are pretty much similar:

# For Nationality standard the candidate need to have a Citizenship in India for both the exams

# The age limit needed for both IAS and IFS is that the candidate should have 21-30 years for General category.

# The candidates of other category get a upper age relaxation and it is that for SC/ST candidate it is 21-35 years and for OBC candidate it is 21-33 years

# Regarding the education qualification it varies as for IAS exam the candidate need to have completed a Degree from a recognized university and it can be any stream.

# And for IFS exam the education qualification needed is that the candidate should have completed a Bachelor degree in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry.

If you satisfy the criteria for the respected exam then you can apply for them.

Candidates are selected for the post in 3 modes:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam

For IAS exam the preliminary exam consist of objective type question for 400 marks and for the Main consist of Written Test and Interview and the written test consist of 9 papers about Conventional essay.

For IFS exam it has Written Exam which is for total of 1400 marks and then there is a Personality test which is for 300 marks.

SALARY FOR IFS Officer:

As per Scale of Pay:

Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (Head of Forestry) : 80000

Principal Chief Conservator of Forests : 75500-80000

Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests : 67000-79000

Chief Conservator of Forests : 37400-67000

Conservator of Forests : 37400-67000

Deputy Conservator of Forests (Selection Grade) : 37400-67000

Junior Administrative Grade :15600-39100

Senior Time Scale : 15600-39100

Junior Time Scale : 15600-39100

Regards
~Jxsab~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?