5th November 2019, 07:30 AM
Neerajpmmvy

Am I eligible to apply for NET if completed distance MSc(Physics) course?

Hi everyone, I have completed my MSc in Physics course through distance education. I want to apply for NET now. So, am I eligible or not to apply for NET? Kindly tell me about the eligibility criteria asap.

12th November 2019, 07:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET if completed distance MSc(Physics) course?

The minimum education required to appearing in NET (National Eligibility Test) is a Master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your M.Sc. in Physics degree course in distance mode, you are eligible to apply for NET, if your university is approved for offering distance education program in M.Sc. in Physics and you have managed to secure the minimum marks specified in your post graduation degree course.

For complete details and updates regarding NET, you can refer to the link www.ntanet.nic.in.
15th November 2019, 02:28 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET if completed distance MSc(Physics) course?

d NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualifications required for the NET examination mentioned below:-

1. Candidates must have completed their post-graduation degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks from any recognised university.

2. 50% marks required for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

3. Nationality:- Indian.

4. Age limit:- Not more than 30 years for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).
No age limitations for Lecturer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?