12th June 2016, 09:14 PM
nivedha.M

Am I eligible to apply for NIT Trichy after scoring 95 marks in JEE Main exam?

Sir/Mam,

I have GPT 95 marks in jee(main) and 74.1% in 12TH board exam... can I apply for trichy nit....Am I eligible to apply for NIT Trichy after scoring 95 marks in JEE Main exam? Can you please provide me the details on the same? Awaiting for the answer.

12th June 2016, 10:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NIT Trichy after scoring 95 marks in JEE Main exam?

National Institute of Technology, Trichy is one of the best NITs and holds top ranking in terms of job opportunities and placement. Top rankers of JEE Main exam are eligible to get admission in this institute in different streams of engineering. This year cut off marks for general category candidate was 100 marks, for OBC candidate it was 80 marks.

Your score in JEE Main is 95 marks only and you have very less marks in 10+2 board exam and hence there is no chance or opportunity for you to get admission in any stream of engineering in NIT, Trichy.
12th June 2016, 11:46 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NIT Trichy after scoring 95 marks in JEE Main exam?

Admission in National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli

** The NIT, Tiruchirappalli, is a public engineering and technology university near the city of Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu, India.

** No you are not eligible to apply for NIT Trichy after scoring 95 marks in JEE Main exam

Official Website:- www.nitt.edu/

CONTACT ADDRESS

Tanjore Main Road, National Highway 67, Near BHEL Trichy,
Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620015
Phone: 0431 250 3000
13th June 2016, 12:33 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivedha.M View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have GPT 95 marks in jee(main) and 74.1% in 12TH board exam... can I apply for trichy nit....Am I eligible to apply for NIT Trichy after scoring 95 marks in JEE Main exam? Can you please provide me the details on the same? Awaiting for the answer.
Chances are there that you might be called for the second or third round for counselling. But it boils down to what is going to be the cut-off marks this time and which subject you are going to apply. But chances looks slim in my opinion. Here's the closing rank of each branch of NIT Trichy to give you a better understanding.
  • Chemical Engineering- 9408
  • Civil Engineering- 15258
  • Computer Science and Engineering- 2803
  • Electronics and Communication Engineering- 4187
  • Mechanical Engineering- 6348
  • Electrical and Electronics Engineering- 6057
  • Instrumentation and Control Engineering- 9544
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?