18th February 2016, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in NIT with 84 marks in JEE Main being a ST candidate?

Dear Sir,
Can I get admission in NIT college after scoring 84 marks in JEE Main? I belong to ST caste category? Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Mechanical Engineering in NIT if scored 69 marks in JEE Main being a SC candidate?
  2. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 45 marks in JEE Main being a ST candidate?
  3. Minimum marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT for an OBC candidate?
  4. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 110 marks in JEE Main?
  5. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  6. How to take admission in NIT after scoring 54 marks in JEE mains? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I get admission into NIT with 74 marks in JEE?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT-Durgapur if secured 85% in 12th CBSE and scored 83 marks in JEE Main being an OBC candidate?
  9. Expected rank for a candidate who is getting 156 marks in JEE Main? Possibility to get admission in NIT?
  10. Can I get admission in NIT, Jalandhar with 113 marks in JEE Main being an OBC candidate?
  11. Whether percentage of 12th is considered along with scores of JEE Main to study B.Tech in NIT for SC candidate?
  12. Can I get admission in NIT with 112 marks in JEE Main and 70% in 12th RBSE being an OBC candidate?
  13. Can I get admission in NIT/DTU if scored 79 marks in JEE Main?
  14. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 49 marks in JEE Main and secured 93.4% in 12th JK Board exam?
  15. Minimum marks required in 12th BSEB and JEE Main to study in NIT?
  16. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in NIT, Jamshedpur for a candidate who has secured 69% in 12th BSEB?
  17. What is the minimum marks in JEE mains to get admission in branch of NIT?
  18. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech in NIT, Patna?
20th February 2016, 04:33 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT with 84 marks in JEE Main being a ST candidate?

It is very hard to guess admission on the basis of marks in case of JEE Main.
It is best for you to know that if you are within the 20000 rank then being an SC Candidate you are almost guaranteed of admission to the course of your choice in the NIT's.
So try to wait for the results to come out and you will be able to get a better sense of your chance when the counselling process starts.
20th February 2016, 07:14 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIT with 84 marks in JEE Main being a ST candidate?

Whether you will get admission or not on 84 marks in Joint Entrance Exam Main will depend upon lots of factors, number of candidates appearing for the exam this year, cut off marks set by examination conducting authority in your category etc.

However, if you see past year trends of cut off marks in ST category JEE Main is around 70-80 marks, so it is visible that if you manage to secure 84 marks in coming JEE exam, you may be able to clear Main exam but in order to get admission in NITs or top institutes, you must aim high to secure more higher marks for better possibility of getting admission in top NITs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?