4th February 2013, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become an income tax officer after coring 80% marks in 12th

If a student scores 80% marks in 12 standard from an english medium school having an icse board .Is he is eligible to become an income tax officer.

16th June 2013, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an income tax officer after coring 80% marks in 12th

HOW MANY TIMES SSC CONDUCTED I.T.O EXAM PER YEAR
17th June 2013, 01:12 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an income tax officer after coring 80% marks in 12th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If a student scores 80% marks in 12 standard from an english medium school having an icse board .Is he is eligible to become an income tax officer.
To become a tax officer firstly you need to be a graduate only then you will be allowed to sit for this examination. So my advice to you would be to first get a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice and then prepare for the exam side by side.

To give this examination you need to be a citizen of India and along with that as mentioned earlier you need to get a undergraduate degree in any discipline of your choice. The minimum percentage to acquire at graduation level has not been mentioned.

Your age should not be less than 18 years when applying for this examination. Similarly your age should not exceed the upper age limit of 27 years if you are a general category candidates.

The upper age limit is relaxed for the following categories:-

~SC/ST Candidates: 5 yrs.
~OBC Candidates: 3 yrs.
~PWD Candidates: 10 yrs.

Following are the stages or hurdles you have to go through:- 1) Preliminary Examination, 2) Main Examination and 3) Interview session. The final decision will be taken by considering the marks you have attained at each and every stage of the selection process.

As far as the written exam is concerned then for the prelim exam you need to give importance to the following areas:- General Intelligence, General Awareness and Arithmetic.

For the Main exam you need to give importance to the following areas:- General Studies, English, Arithmetic, Language and Communication Skill and Writing.

Hope this helps :-> :->
1st July 2013, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

SIR, I want to ask that What is included in Preliminary & Main Examination?
22nd October 2018, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

I completed my engineering in 2018 with an aggregate of 65 percentage and my height is 164 cm. Can I apply for income tax officer job?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?