22nd June 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CAT exam after doing BBA from Punjab Technical University(Distance Education)?

hello Sir/Mam i am doing BBA from Punjab technical University Distant edu. . am i eligible for CAT Exam?

Related Questions:
14th October 2012, 09:19 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after doing BBA from Punjab Technical University(Distance Education)?

You are eligible for Common Admission Test on the condition that you meet the percentage criteria. Having completed graduation through distance education is not an issue. I have answered this query in the past as well and each time my answer is that you don't need to worry about appearing for the Common Admission Test with distance education degree.

Common Admission Test is one of the entrance exam for MBA admission. MBA means Master of Business Administration. It is a 2 year long post graduation course. Some of the streams in which you can complete MBA are:

Finance

Management

Human Resources

Aviation

Healthcare

Economics

IT

Retail Management

Common Admission Test is generally taken by candidates who are seeking admission in Indian Institute of Management (IIM), which is considered as the top B-School of the nation.

CAT Eligibility

1. A graduation degree from a recognized university.

2. A minimum of 50 percent marks in graduation course.

3. SC/ST candidates need 45 percent marks.
14th October 2012, 10:43 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after doing BBA from Punjab Technical University(Distance Education)?

As you are a Graduate from a recognised University whether it is through distant mode or regular mode, you are eligible to apply for CAT provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria.

CAT - Common Admission Test conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to Post Graduate MBA(Master of Business Administration) course in IIMs and others.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian Citizen having completed Graduation in any stream with 50% marks(45% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for application to CAT. There is also no restriction to the number of attempts to CAT.

As you are a BBA Graduate, you can apply for CAT. for more information you may log on to http://www.catiim.in
14th October 2012, 02:55 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for CAT exam after doing BBA from Punjab Technical University(Distance Education)?

HELLO DEAR

Eligibility
1. A graduation degree from a recognized university.

2. A minimum of 50 percent marks in graduation course.

3. SC/ST candidates need 45 percent marks.

after cracking CAT you can take folllowing stream like:-

>> Finance

>> Management

>> Human Resources

>> Aviation

>> Healthcare

>> Economics

>> IT

>> Retail Management

good luck
23rd October 2012, 08:35 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello Sir/Mam i am doing BBA from Punjab technical University Distant edu. . am i eligible for CAT Exam?

hi friend

** compleded graduation degree from a recognized university.
** A minimum of 56% marks in graduation course.
** SC/ST candidates need 45 percent marks.
folllowing stream like:-

++ Human Resources
++ Aviation
++ Healthcare
++ Finance
++ Management
++ Economics

all the best...........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?