11th March 2012, 12:49 PM
akhila.mitukula

What's the eligibility criteria and qualification requirement for CAT exam? I am B.Tech 3rd year student

hello sir/mam i am studying b.tech 3rd yr.i want to know about the qualifications to write the cat exam.
please give the answer.

19th March 2012, 01:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What's the eligibility criteria and qualification requirement for CAT exam? I am B.Tech 3rd year student

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhila.mitukula View Post
hello sir/mam i am studying b.tech 3rd yr.i want to know about the qualifications to write the cat exam.
please give the answer.

Those candidate have completed graduation with above 50% marks are applicable for CAT exam.Your degree must be recognized.

Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST candidate.There is no age criteria.

Final year student are also applicable for CAT exam.

But you are now in 3rd year so you are not applicable for CAT exam.

There is no limitation for CAT exams attempts so you can try it maximum times.

BEST BOOKS FOR CAT EXAM:-

CAT Topic-wise 17 Year Solved Papers
by
Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)

Verbal Ability For CAT
by
MBAGuru
Publisher: cengage Learning (2011)

Verbal Ability For The CAT
by
Sujit Kumar
Publisher: Pearson (2011)

For more details about CAT exam you can visit to http://www.catiim.in/

19th March 2012, 08:31 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What's the eligibility criteria and qualification requirement for CAT exam? I am B.Tech 3rd year student

Hai,.
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as an entrance exam for the management programes of its seven business schools (IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, IIML and others).

Eligibility criteria:

Any graduation with atleast 55% marks from any recognised university.

you must be a citizen of india.

There is no age limit for this exam.

Sorry you are not eligibile because you are 3rd year now, so first complete your graduation.

All the best
19th March 2012, 10:22 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

CAT-COMMON ADMISSION TEST is an entrance exam conducted by IIM(Indian Institute of Management) for admission to MBA(Master of Busines Administration) course.

The eligible candidate should have completed Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University with at least 50% marks is eligible to apply for CAT. There is no upper age bar for application to MBA course.

Cat can only be applied through on line which is computer based examination comprises of all objective type questions divided in to two sections:-

-Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
-Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

As you are now pursing your study in 3rd year B.Tech. course, you can apply for CAT after completion of your B.Tech. Degree.

For more information you may log on to www.catiim.in
19th March 2012, 10:43 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............
THE eligibility criteria for CAT exam are as follows.....

The list of books from where you can prepare for your exam are as follows........

Good luck...........
19th March 2012, 01:29 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

only after fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria that is given below.

Common Admission Test is conduct by Indian Institute of Management for admissions in MBA.

This exam is applicable in many management colleges.

This is one of the important exam conduct for admission in Master's in Business Administration.

MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY FOR CAT

1. Graduation from recognized university in any discipline.

2. you must hold 50% marks in your graduation.

3. final year student can also apply.

ENTRANCE EXAM SUBJECTS

English Comprehension
Data Analysis and Data Sufficiency
Logical & Critical Reasoning
Quantitative Aptitude
General awareness

There will be 200 questions in Entrance Exam of objective type,

you have to solve the paper with in the limited time( around 2 hours).
4th April 2012, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in B . COM final year. (exam willbe held in march 2013). CAN I APPEAR FOR CAT THIS YR.2012. Suggest.
4th April 2012, 10:24 PM
rounak_online

dear friend

you should be a graduate with 50 % marks , there is no age criteria and age limit, for sc and st marks relaxation is there

balram
28th April 2012, 01:08 AM
mohit.honey
Junior Member+

- CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam is popular exam all over the world. This exam is being conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) in order to give admission for MBA course in top B-Schools and IIMs.

- The competition for this exam is very high. This is because of increase in demand for MBA course which having broad scope for career opportunities in variety of business sectors. This year, above 5 lakhs candidates have taken this exam.

- So, one should have strong preparation to crack this exam.

- This exam is being conducted in online but not by offline. So,it will be better for the candidates to have good practice of various online mock tests for CAT Exam.

- Here is the required eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for this exam.

* Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream with a minimum of 50% of marks.
-Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Age criteria :
-There is no specific age criteria that a candidate need to possess to be eligible for this exam. One can take up this exam at any age.

- If you are interested in CAT, have good preparation to this exam from a coaching institute and appear for upcoming CAT Exam which is going to be conducted in the next academic year.
29th April 2012, 08:01 AM
Ankur.Sunny

Common Admission Test (CAT)

Common Admission Test (CAT) is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) for the admission in MBA course.
This examination is conducted in the month of november and december.

* Test Pattern :

The CAT exam has two sections :
the first section is Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
and the second is Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

* Cut - Off :

You must have scored 98 percentile in CAT examination.
You must also have more than 70 percentage in 10th and 12th.

* CAT eligibility requirements :

> You must have a Bachelor's Degree with atleast 50 % marks or any equivalent.
In case of SC /ST /DA the minimum is 45 %.

> Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's Degree or those who have completed their final year and are awaiting for results can also apply.

> There is no restriction in number of attempts.

> There is no age restriction.

You can get further details of how to register, details of exam and any other regarding CAT examination, visit www.catiim.in.

~ Ankur.Sunny
30th April 2012, 05:36 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

>> To get admission in Indian Institute of Management, you have to qualify the CAT exam (Common Admission Test).
>> Eligibility Criteria for CAT :

1. Pass graduation with a minimum of 50% marks in any stream from a recognized University.
Or
1. Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
2. There is no any restriction in number of attempts.
3. There is no any age limitation.
For more details, visit www.catiim.in
30th April 2012, 09:15 PM
hlr
Member+

Eligibility criteria:
Any graduation with atleast 55% marks from any recognised university.
you must be a citizen of india.
There is no age limit for this exam.
11th May 2012, 01:43 PM
wajidsaddath

should i have more than 70 percentage in 10th and 12th standard...?
22nd June 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

wat about 4th yr btech students??are they eligible for 2012 cat examination??
25th June 2012, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus?
26th June 2012, 07:04 AM
Unregistered

Sir I'm doing MCA may I do MBA from IIM after crack the CAT exam ?
26th June 2012, 02:53 PM
Vikas hrc

Hi friend..

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.It is conducted as entrance test for top B-Schools of India i.e,Indian Institute of Managements.
There are almost 10 IIMs in India such as IIM-Ahmedabad,IIM-Indore,IIM-Calcuuta,etc.
CAT is conducted once in a year and is considered as one of the most toughest exams of India because many students appear for it every year.

You can appear in CAT if:-
1.You have completed your graduation with more than 50% if you are from general category.
2.You have done your graduation with more than 45% if you are from SC/ST/PH category.
3.You are in final year of your graduation.
4.There is no age limit for CAT.

The syllabus of CAT consists of :-
1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

After you qualify in CAT,you will be called for Personal Interview and Group Discussion and your admission will be based on the results of all the three stages.
Since you are in 3rd year of your graduation,you are not eligible to appear in CAT exam this year,you can appear in it next year.

But you can definitely start your preparation from this year only.
Best of luck.
Thanks.
With regards-
Vikas.
28th June 2012, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

is it necessary to explain 10th and 12th results for CAT preparation?
29th June 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

is this 50% in graduation means a average percentage of 3 years or of just final year. . ?
12th July 2012, 03:01 AM
Unregistered

i got 49.32%in graduation...i am eligible for cat or not?
23rd August 2012, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

my graduation marks is bellow 50% can i apply for cat entrance exam..?
6th November 2012, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

I am doing my B. Tech in part time third year. Am I eligible for appearing in CAT exam?
8th January 2013, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

I vl have my b.com final year exam in may 2014 so cn i appear for cat 2013-2014 session .reply plz
3rd May 2013, 09:10 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhila.mitukula View Post
please give the answer.
CAT stands for (Common Aptitude Test) and this Entrance Examination Indian Institute of Management ...

Bachelor degree course is the Minimum Educational qualification to apply for CAT Entrance Examination .. Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for CAT Entrance Examination ..

Any Faculty candidates are applicable for this Entrance Examination ..

Applicant need to score Minimum 50% percentage of marks in Graduation course and relaxation will be applicable for sc/st candidates for 5% Percentage of marks ..

To Crack the CAT Entrance Examination One should practice Moke Test and Find out the Weeker Section ............ ,,,,

Books For CAT Examination :-

~~ CAT Topic-wise 17 Year Solved Papers by Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication

~~ Verbal Ability For CAT by MBAGuru
Publisher: cengage Learning

~~ The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination by Dinesh Khattar
Publisher: Pearson (2008)

Best Coaching Classes for CAT Examination :-

# Career Launcher
# T.I.M.E.(Triumphant Institute Of Management Education Pvt. Ltd)
# Ascent Education
# Career Forum
# Career Forum
# Test Merit
# Bulls Eye Knowledge Systems
30th June 2013, 10:29 PM
Ankur.Sunny

CAT - Common Admission Test

CAT Exam will be conducted by IIMs as a pre-requisite for admission to various management programmes of IIMs.

These programmes are:

• Post Graduate Programmes in Management

• Fellow Programmes in Management (FPM)

> Separate advertisements will appear for the Fellow Programme of each institute as well as PGP-ABM of IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Lucknow, PGSEM and PGPPM Programmes of IIM Bangalore, PGDCM Programme of IIM Calcutta, EPGP of IIM Indore. And PGDHRM of IIM Ranchi.

> Before a prospective candidate makes a decision to appear for CAT Exam, you must visit the websites or read programme advertisements of the concerned IIMs and specific programmes to ensure which programmes they want to apply for, eligibility requirements and admission processes.

♦ Examination Scheme :-

• The duration of the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes which includes 15 minute tutorial.

• No breaks are allowed during the test.
The test contains quantitative, verbal, and logical & data interpretation abilities type questions to test candidate.

• Test is divided into 3 sections for 60 questions in each section.

♦Eligibility :-

♦ You must hold a Bachelor's Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA).

♦ The percentage of marks obtained by you in the bachelor's degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where you have obtained the degree.

♦ In case you are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor's degree.

♦ In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing your CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.

♦ If you are appearing for the final year of bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination or have completed degree requirements or are awaiting results can also apply.

♦ If selected, you will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if you submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of your College/Institute stating that you have completed all the requirements for obtaining the bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification on the date of the issue of the certificate.

♦ For further details of CAT, goto this link :www.catiim.in/.

♦ List of Indian Institute of Management (IIM's) Colleges :-

• IIM Lucknow

• IIM Ahmedabad

• IIM Calcutta

• IIM Bangalore

• IIM Tiruchirappalli

• IIM Kozhikode

• IIM Indore

• IIM Shillong

• IIM Ranchi

• IIM Rohtak

• IIM Raipur

• IIM Udaipur

• IIM Kashipur

All the Best !
30th June 2013, 11:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Graduation with 50% marks is the required qualification for CAT (Common Admission Test).

So if you are in 3rd year B.Tech then try to complete your B.Tech with 50% or above marks so that you don't face any issues in eligibility criteria.

There is no age limit means any Graduate can apply for CAT. This exam is conducted by IIMs for admission into MBA program of various IIMs. Also the top MBA colleges of India prefer a CAT score for giving admission into their college.

Exam Pattern:

The exam will have questions related to following subjects:

-Data Interpretation and Quantitative Aptitude

-Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning

The examination will be computer based and the paper will be divided into 2 sessions having separate timings . You have to attempt the questions in the given timings.

There will be negative marking for wrong answers hence you have to be careful while attempting.

For more information visit http://www.catiim.in
1st July 2013, 01:05 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for the Common Admission Test after completing graduation. The exam is conducted for admission in MBA. Most notably the Indian Institutes of Management offer admission through this entrance exam. MBA is a 2 years post graduation course which you can complete in various branches such as:

Human Resources

Economics

Marketing

IT

Banking

Finance

Retail Management

Although Indian Institutes of Technology, Indian Institute of Science and even National Institutes of Technology also offers admission for the management courses through the entrance exam.

But Indian Institutes of Management is most notable because these colleges are considered best business schools in the country. The candidates who passes the management course from IIMs are given job in top companies across the world.

The Common Admission Test is actually conducted by IIMs under the rotation policy. The exam is conducted in a 21 days window between October and November.

You should have the following criteria to appear for the Common Admission Test.

CAT Eligibility

1. Bachelor's degree is sufficient to apply for exam.

2. You should at least have 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST should have 45 percent marks.

4. Those who have completed degree and waiting for the results are also eligible.

5. But the admission will be given only if he/she submits degree before the set deadline.
7th October 2013, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

hello sir/mam i have more than 50% marks in physics hounours but not in pass subject in science stream.am I able to give the CAT EXAM?
19th January 2014, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

I am doing Part time Btech from SRM University Chennai...will I be eligible to appear in CAT xam and other govt nob related xams..especially railways?I ve already finished my diploma and currently doing job in an OEM...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?