15th December 2011, 12:08 PM
civilservice2012

Am I eligible for Civil Services Examination having done B.Tech in Computer Science with 2 backlogs?

hi
i have done b.tech in computer science but i have 2 backs that are not cleared am i eligible to sit for civil services examination.
kindly also tell that if there is any way out to clear the backs when you have already completed your course 2 years ago

15th December 2011, 08:00 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services Examination having done B.Tech in Computer Science with 2 backlogs?

If your backlogs are not cleared then it means that you have not completed B.Tech.
As the sanctioned course period already lasted two years back so you can't resume
it from the same point where you left it incomplete.

Therefore, you are not eligible for Civil Services Examination presently.
You need to do graduation from the first year.
If your ultimate aim is to get into Civil Services then you should choose the subject
in graduation according to your choice of optional subject in Civil Services Examination.

You will need graduation degree for getting any decent job.
So, you must finish graduation first then you should start focusing on job.
15th December 2011, 08:12 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services Examination having done B.Tech in Computer Science with 2 backlogs?

Dear Friend,
I really Sorry because you says that you have 2 backs In B.Tech so your graduation is not complete. So you are not eligible for Civil Service Exam.
First complete your graduation.

To clear subjects Do study hard.

Best of Luck...
Sayyed Shahrukh
15th December 2011, 08:45 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services Examination having done B.Tech in Computer Science with 2 backlogs?

hi dear ...........
Sorry to say that with your backlog you can not apply for Civil Service Exam .......
You first clear all your papers then you apply for this exam .

i am providing you all details of this exam.........

Good luck..................
15th December 2011, 08:58 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
Yes , you are eligible for IAS or Civil Service exam but
in the time exam you have no backs then you
go for give this exam

Criteria for Exam:-

*Candidate pass graduation
*Minimum 50% mark
Age- 21 to 30 years

Books for preparation:-

Good Luck................
15th December 2011, 09:04 PM
prashant more

Cool Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services Examination having done B.Tech in Computer Science with 2 backlogs?

If your backlogs are not cleared then it means that you have not completed B.Tech.
As the sanctioned course period already lasted two years back so you can't resume
it from the same point where you left it incomplete.

Therefore, you are not eligible for Civil Services Examination presently.
You need to do graduation from the first year.
If your ultimate aim is to get into Civil Services then you should choose the subject
in graduation according to your choice of optional subject in Civil Services Examination.

You will need graduation degree for getting any decent job.
So, you must finish graduation first then you should start focusing on job.
15th December 2011, 09:22 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
for appearing for the civil service exam aspirants who are in final year and those who have completed bachelor degree from a recognised university.
You can also apply for the exam . But the thing is that you will not be appointed to the post if you do not complete the degree by the time you get selected for the post.
Clear your backlogs as soon as possible. Having backlogs do not create any problem. But make sure that you complete your degree in time so that you are able to make maximum number of attempts possible. You can apply only upto a maximum age of 30. If you belong to sc and st you can apply upto 35 years . Bc and mbc aspirant have 3 years age relaxation.
15th December 2011, 09:33 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilservice2012 View Post
hi
i have done b.tech in computer science but i have 2 backs that are not cleared am i eligible to sit for civil services examination.
kindly also tell that if there is any way out to clear the backs when you have already completed your course 2 years ago
dear friend,

I am very sorry to say you is that you are not eligible for civil service examination. This is because you have two backlogs which you have not cleared till now.
Besides this, as you are from computer science background in B.Tech, you are not eligible. Only the following engineering discipline are eligible for Civil Service Examination :

* Civil Engineering,
* Mechanical Engineering,
* Electrical Engineering,

good luck in future.
15th December 2011, 10:31 PM
jayparikh

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services Examination having done B.Tech in Computer Science with 2 backlogs?

Quote:
hi
Hi friend,

I am happy that , you want to join civil services.

Minimum eligibility to sit in civil service exam is graduation.

As you have 2 backlogs , you can't be termed as graduate, you need to clear those backlogs first , and then after getting degree , you can opt for civil services.

That means , at this stage you can not apply for civil services but after clearing pending backlogs you can certainly go for civil services.

Please post here, if you have any query.

Best of luck

regards.
15th December 2011, 11:05 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services Examination having done B.Tech in Computer Science with 2 backlogs?

Quote:
hi

Eligibility Criteria For Civil Services Exam

For appearing in the Civil Services Exam a candidate must satisfy the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

1) The candidate must be a graduate from a recognized University

2) The candidate must be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,3 years age relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts permitted for the general candidates is 4,for OBC candidates its 7 and for SC/ST candidates there is no limit..

Since the criteria says that you must be a graduate that means you should be holding a graduate degree when you appear for the Mains (if you clear the Prelims)..

Since you have not cleared your backlogs hence you are not a graduate degree holder as yet and hence currently not eligible for appearing in the Civil Service Exams..

The forms for the Prelims shall be out on 4th February,2012 and the last date for submission of the forms will be 5th March,2012..

The Prelims shall be conducted on 20th May,2012..containing 2 objective papers..

If you clear the Prelims then you will be eligible for the Mains which shall be conducted on 5th October,2012..and it will consist of 9 papers..

In case you have any further doubts regarding the exam then Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
15th December 2011, 11:10 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To appear in UPSC conducted Civil service exam you have to clear your backlogs first..

Because with out clearing your backlogs you will not be able to appear in any kind of job related exams or in entrance exams of any kind of higher studies..

So, clear your backlogs first.. And try to get a clear result as quick as possible..

All the best.
1st January 2012, 12:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi

After completion of your B.E degree you are eligible for UPSC exam.But you have a pending backlog.So you are not eligible for civil service exam.

DETAILS ABOUT UPSC EXAM

There is no marks criteria.Only graduate are applicable for you.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 27 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 30 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates.

SYLLABUS FOR CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM:

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in
8th January 2012, 04:22 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi
HI,
After completing B.tech you are eligible for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

ALL THE BEST!
15th January 2012, 12:40 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

Eligibility Criteria For Civil Service exam:-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Examination Pattern:-

For more Visit:-www.civilserviceindia.com/
10th February 2012, 10:09 AM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you can't resume it from the same point where you left it incomplete you are not eligible for Civil Services Examination presently.You need to do graduation from the first year.
If your ultimate aim is to get into Civil Services then you should choose the subjectthe criteria says that you must be a graduate that means you should be holding a graduate degree when you appear for the Mains Since you have not cleared your backlogs hence you are not a graduate degree holder as yet and hence currently not eligible for appearing in the Civil Service Exams
16th April 2013, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

i have history of backlogs in my bachelors degree and now i am in final year with 2 more back papers definitely i would clear them in time,does this history of backlogs in academic profile effect in my civil services interview for selection??? please! anyone explain me in clear...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?