9th June 2015, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS after graduation?

How much percentage in graduation for preparation of I.A.S. exams please tell me? Can someone please let me know the complete criteria which I need to follow up to apply for the exam? I just wanted to understand if I can apply after graduation.

9th June 2015, 09:51 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS after graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much percentage in graduation for preparation of I.A.S. exams please tell me? Can someone please let me know the complete criteria which I need to follow up to apply for the exam? I just wanted to understand if I can apply after graduation.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

This is a civil service exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year. Candidates are selected for the post of IAS officer through 3 stages:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

To apply there are eligibility conditions which are needed to be satisfied which includes:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

To tell in detail about these criteria, it is

-> Nationality standard states candidate should have a citizenship in India

-> Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category candidate.

-> There are relaxation for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

-> The educational qualification needed for IAS is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university. Even final year appearing candidate is eligible for the exam.

If you satisfy all these above criteria then you can apply for the IAS exam. There is nothing regarded the percentage which is needed in your respected degree.

To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th June 2015, 10:23 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for IAS after graduation?

No minimum percentage in Graduation is required to appear in IAS examination. The IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year for the recruitment of IAS officers. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

3. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
10th June 2015, 12:31 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services and is the one of the most designated services. The examination is conducted by the UPSC every year as Civil Services examination. There is no separate examination for it. As the examination is conducted for the IAS/IPS/IFS etc...

The eligibility to apply for the Civil services examination is candidate who have done the graduation in any discipline are eligible. Candidate pursuing in the final year of graduation are also eligible. The age of candidate must be between 21-32 years and the relaxation in age of 3 years for the OBC and 5 years for the SC/ST.

There is also limitations on the number of attempts to appear in the examination as it is maximum of 6 for the general category candidate and no limit for the SC/ST. The examination is conducted in three stages as :-
* Preliminary.
* Mains.
* Interview.

It is mandatory to qualify in each of them to move to the next stage and in all the stages for the final recruitment. The application for the 2015 is available now. The examination is among the toughest. So it requires a very hard labour with determination and dedication to qualify in it. There is no restriction on the discipline of graduation and in case of selecting the optional paper for the examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th June 2015, 08:22 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to apply for IAS after Graduation:

>> I am happy to say that you are eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination (Indian Administrative Services) recruitment after completion of Graduation.

>> There is NO CERTAIN MINIMUM PERCENTAGE is required in order to be eligible for this recruitment. So candidates who just pass their Qualifying Examination itself are eligible to apply for IAS Services.

Educational Qualification:

>> Degree of a recognized university or equivalent

>> Candidates appearing in the requisite Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination. However, they are supposed to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualification along with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

Age Criteria: (As on 1st August of the year of Examination)

Minimum age - 21 years

Maximum age - 30 years

If you meet the above eligibility criteria, then you are successfully eligible to apply for IAS (Civil Services Examination) and yes Graduation qualification itself is required to be eligible for this Civil Services Recruitment. You are required to give Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) to appear in Administrative services.
10th June 2015, 10:03 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service which is organized under UPSC every year , Upsc conducts Civil Service Exam every year for this post.

The eligibility..

The candidates must be citizen of India.

The candidates must be in between 21-30 years .
There is a age relaxation of 3 years for those candidates who belongs to OBC category and 5 year relaxation for those candidates who belongs to SC/ST category.

The candidates must have completed their graduation degree from any recognized university.
Those candidates who are pursuing in the last year of graduation they are also applicable to appear in this examination.

For more details visit website of UPSC .
http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th June 2015, 11:14 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to apply for IAS exam. And there is no percentage requirement, which a candidate need to satisfy, so, if you have completed your graduation, you can apply for IAS exam.

Eligibility:-
1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.

2. Candidate must have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

3. Candidate must be above 21 years and below 30 years, whereas age relaxation is applicable for the candidates, who belong to reserved categories.
10th June 2015, 11:20 AM
vickyhansi

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:

You should have passed graduation from a recognized university in any stream. Appearing in final year candidates are also eligible for IAS exam.

There is no percentage requirement.

Your age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

You must be citizen of India.

Selection Process:

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Interview
10th June 2015, 11:20 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

There is no percentage citeria to apply for IAS exams. To become IAS officer you have to apply for Civil Service Exams which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Other Eligibility Criteria :

Candidate who have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognised university.

Candidate must be citizen of India.

Age Limit : Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age limit is also provided as per government norms.

For more details please visit : http://www.upsc..gov.in

Candidate can apply for IAS exams online on this website.

For syllabus and exam criteria please find the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 22 views)
10th June 2015, 11:57 AM
parnel
Junior Member+

1.First of all let you know the eligibility criteria for the IAS they are as follows.

.Candidate must be the 'Citizen of India' or 'Citizen of Nepal' or 'Citizen of Bhutan'.
.Candidate must have attained 21 year of age and should be below 30 years(Age relaxation of 3 years for BC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates is given).
.Candidate must have completed his/her graduation from the recognized university.

2.So please check out the eligibility criteria first.

3.If you met with all the requirements then you apply for the test conducted for Civil Services.

4.Once you qualify that exam a personnel interview will be held where your physical fitness is also taken into consideration.

5.Moreover Maximum number of attempts for IAS post are as follows.

For General candidates-4 attempts,
For OBC candidates-7 attempts,
For SC/ST candidates- till candidate attains 35 years of age.

Hope this information is helpful to you...........................
10th June 2015, 04:48 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The candidate who wants to become an IAS officer has to appear in the Civil Services Exam conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) .

The eligibility criteria required for Civil Services Exam are as under:-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India.

-The candidate must have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.The candidate who are appearing in the final year exam of their graduation degree can also apply for the Civil Services exam .

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD(People with Disability) .

-The number of attempts for the exam is for

* General Category - 4 times,

* OBC candidates - 7 times, and

* SC/ST candidates - no limits.

-The exam process involves

* Preliminary Exam

* Main exam

* Personality Interview.

One can get more details regarding the CSE on the official website of UPSC: http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th June 2015, 07:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. IAS exam does not require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
30th September 2015, 11:54 PM
vinoth1921

-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.

-->Eligibility
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.

-->Examination Process
-Preliminary Exam
-Main Written Exam
-Interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?