10th August 2017, 08:11 PM
Raichel Antony

Am I eligible to do B.Sc computer science after taking biology and maths as my subjects?

Now I am 11th class I am interested in B.Sc computer science but I am scared that does I will get admission in BSc computer as a biology maths student? Am I eligible? Can you please give me the complete details on this? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. In 12th which subjects are compulsory for taking admission for BSc Agriculture
  2. Can a biology student study BSc Computer Science? Where can I study in India? What is the requirement?
  3. Courses/fields available after BSc computer science? If I had Maths, Physics and Computer Science subjects then am I eligible for it?
  4. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  5. Am I eligible for B.Sc Computer Science without having Mathematics in Higher Secondary? -- [New]
  6. Biology with maths or Computer science with Maths: better option after 10th with good skills in Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Sample Test Papers of ONGC Engineer Trainee Exam? Books to prepare for this Exam?
  8. What are the defence jobs that I can get after taking computer science in class 11th and 12th? What are the subjects in computer science?
  9. Which combination of science subjects to take in order to be eligible for B.Tech Biotechnology from BITS Pilani?
  10. Will I be able to join ISRO after completing BSc Computer Science Honors? What are the requirement of marks in subjects like Physics, Maths and honors subjects?
  11. How to opt for Mathematics and Biological Sciences at Intermediate level?
  12. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  13. What should I choose after class 12th to become a computer science engineering graduate?
  14. Can I do B.Ed with combination of science and maths after doing BSc computer science with subjects like Maths, Physics and Computer Science?
  15. Which subject should I choose among Physics, Maths, Computer Science for admission in BSc?
  16. Which stream should I take between Science and Commerce if I am average student with weaker skills in Maths and Biology?
  17. Can I apply to study B.Sc(Computer Science) being a Maths and Biology student?
  18. Am I eligible for MCA after completing B.Sc Genarel graduation?
12th August 2017, 05:36 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Sc computer science after taking biology and maths as my subjects?

Yes, you are eligible to do B.Sc. computer science course after completion of your 12th standard with Biology and Mathematics subjects from a recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to do B.Sc. Computer Science course. So, being a 12th standard passed candidate, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing B.Sc. Computer Science course.
12th August 2017, 08:46 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Sc computer science after taking biology and maths as my subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichel Antony View Post
Now I am 11th class I am interested in B.Sc computer science but I am scared that does I will get admission in BSc computer as a biology maths student? Am I eligible? Can you please give me the complete details on this? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Yes, you can apply for B.SC computer science after completing your 10+2. Candidate if you have done your 10+2 with math then it will be helpful for you but if you opted biology then there is no need to worry because mathematics in not necessary to apply for the B.SC computer science course.

>> Here below are details regarding B.sc computer science course:-

>> B.SC computer science is graduation course and its duration is three years and the main subjects in it are computer Programming theory, Electronics, Statics, Mathematics.

Educational Qualification Required:-

>> Candidate minimum qualification required to apply for the B.SC Computer Science course is 10+2 from science stream with Physics, Chemistry, English subjects.

>> Candidate must have complete 10+2 in science stream from government recognized board with minimum 50% marks obtained.

Employment Areas for Candidate having B.SC Computer Science:-

:- Banking Sector.

:- Technical Support Centers.

:- Security surveillance companies.

:- Electronic Equipment manufacturing companies.

:- Financial Institutes.

:- System maintenance Centers.

:- Consultancies.

:- Government Agencies.

:- Consultancy.

List of Colleges Offer B.SC Computer Science Course:-

1). Bhupal Nobles Girl’s College.(Rajsamand(Rajasthan)).

2). Government Meera Girl’s College.(Udaipur(Rajasthan)).

3). AND Institute of Paramedical Science and Hospitals.(Nagpur(Maharashtra)).

4). Bhavan’s Tripura College of Science and Technology – BTCST.(Agartala(Tripura)).

5). Delhi Degree College – DDC.(New Delhi(Delhi)).

6). Bhagini Nivedita College.(Delhi).

7). Catalyst Institute of Management and Advance Global Excellence – CIMAGE.(Patna(Bihar)).
13th August 2017, 08:27 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to pursue B.Sc Computer Science is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, along with Biology and Mathematics if you have Physics and Chemistry as main paper then you are eligible to appear in admission entrance test.

Candidates after qualifying in admission entrance examination or scoring aggregate in 12th which is under cut off.
13th August 2017, 02:47 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For admission in B.Sc Computer Science course the required eligibility is :

Candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper. The required aggregate in 12th std varies with universities.

The mode of admission also varies with institutes. In some of them it is conducted through entrance test while some offers admission through merit list.

So, if you have 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology then you are eligible to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?