5th July 2019, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Bachelor in Computer Science after completing 12th from Commerce stream?

I know for BCS (Bachelor in Computer Science) one has to complete 12th Science, but what's bothering me is, can I appear externally for 12th Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and then try for BCS as in this case I will have completed my 12th Science subjects as well.

7th July 2019, 04:53 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Bachelor in Computer Science after completing 12th from Commerce stream?

No, you are not eligibile to persue Bachelor in Computer Science after completing 12th with commerce stream because a candidate must have done 12th with PCM alongwith computer science as an additional subject.
7th July 2019, 05:20 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Bachelor in Computer Science after completing 12th from Commerce stream?

Yes, you are eligible to do Bachelor in Computer Science after completing 12th from commerce stream.
The Bachelor of Science in computer science / information technology is equivalent to the first year of BTech / BE in CS/IT.
As these graduates may seek lateral entry to the 2nd year of the 4 year B. Tech.
7th July 2019, 07:50 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility to get admission in bachelor in Computer science is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM as main paper.

So, candidates with commerce stream are not eligible to get admission in bachelor in computer science course.

Admission procedure varies with institutes and colleges.

If you will complete 12th in PCM or science stream then you are eligible to get admission in the computer science course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?