30th May 2016, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc Computer Science after completion of 12th commerce stream?

I have passed my 12th from commerce stream with maths and IT and I scored 75% can you get admission for BSc Computer Science? Who can provide me the details on this? It will be useful if you can answer me back soon on the same. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to apply for B.Sc Computer science?
  2. Can I reappear in 12th board exams with Science if completed with Commerce?
  3. How to get admission for BSc(IT) or BSc Computer Science in colleges in Delhi?
  4. Can i reppear in XII from other stream after a gap of nearly 3 years?
  5. Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream? Job Opportunities after completion of this course?
  6. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  7. Which course should I do after my school?
  8. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  9. How to do graduation after completion of 12th board? I am a science stream computer science student
  10. Can I do diploma in mechanical engineering after completion of commerce course in Higher secondary?
  11. Bcom Admission Opportunities for 12th standard PCM Stream Students? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Career options available after completion of 12th for Commerce students?
  13. Having 92% in 1oth ICSE board which stream should I choose?
  14. What type of forms can I fill after completing 10th with 72%
  15. Courses available to study for 12th Commerce student?
  16. Am I eligible to do B.Arch course after completion of 12th with commerce course?
  17. Am I eligible for doing MS in computer science after doing BSc computer science? How can I apply for both regular and correspondence course?
  18. Which subject to choose in 11th after passing 10th standard
30th May 2016, 09:50 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc Computer Science after completion of 12th commerce stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have passed my 12th from commerce stream with maths and IT and I scored 75% can you get admission for BSc Computer Science? Who can provide me the details on this? It will be useful if you can answer me back soon on the same. Thank you!
B.Sc in computer science is a three year degree course which focuses mainly on mathematical and theoretical foundations of computing. If you are interested to work in the software development field then this course is definitely for you. After completing this course you can also do M.Sc in computer science, MCA or MBA to give further boost to your career.

To do this course you need to have passed HSC exam or its equivalent of a recognized board with not less than 50% of marks in aggregate. While some colleges only wants mathematics at 10+2 level as a compulsory subject, others look for students from only science stream for this course. So it is important to scan properly the eligibility criteria of each college of your choice before applying.

Top Colleges where you can apply:-
  • Chennai Mathematical Institute, CMI, Chennai
  • Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts, SSLA, Pune
  • VIT University, VITU, Vellore
  • Ethiraj College for Women, ECW, Chennai
  • S K Somaiya College of Arts, Science and Commerce, SKSCASC, Mumbai
  • University of Kota, UOK, Kota
  • Modern Institute of Technology, MIT
  • VELS University, VELSU, Chennai
  • Lingaya's University, LU, Faridabad
Job Opportunities:-
  • DTP Operator
  • Software Engineer
  • Programmer
  • Programmer Analyst
  • Teacher/Lecturer
30th May 2016, 11:16 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for B.Sc Computer Science after completion of 12th commerce stream?

After completing 12th with commerce you have many options to go to higher studies. You can go Bachelor of commerce in Computers and you can also go B.Sc computer science.

Following are best college for B.Sc Computer Science:

Indian Institute of Management & Commerece (IIMC) Hyderabad, India

Prestige Institute of Management and Research Indore, India

Apeejay Institute of Management Jalandhar, India

Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) Mohali, India

JK Business School (JKBS) Gurgaon - Delhi/NCR, India
31st May 2016, 02:36 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to pursue B.Sc after I.Com. There is no such limit about subject selection. You are free to select any subject as per your wish. If you have completed intermediate from commerce but even after this you can pursue from other stream. There us no such subject bondage.
11th August 2021, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce student want to do bsc cs is there any college in mumbai for me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?