8th March 2018, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Laws after completing 12th Commerce?

Hello, I am studying 12th with Commerce. I will give my Board exam this year. I want to make my career in Laws as I want to become an Advocate. So, kindly tell me I am eligible to do Bachelor of Laws or not?

14th April 2018, 07:10 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Laws after completing 12th Commerce?

Being a student of Class 12th in commerce stream you are certainly eligible for pursuing Bachelor of legislative law i.e; LLB degree course of five years as the minimum education required for same is a Class 12th in any discipline from a recognized board of education.

Further, for pursuing same degree course from top law universities of India you need to qualify entrance examinations like CLAT, DU LLB entrance examination, BHU UET, etc.
15th April 2018, 10:35 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Laws after completing 12th Commerce?

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for pursuing a degree course in law i.e; LLB ( Bachelor of legislative law ) degree course being a student of Class 12th in commerce stream then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible for the same degree course as the minimum education required for pursuing LLB degree course is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with at least 45% marks ( or 50% marks in case of some universities ) from a recognized board of education.

So, once you clear your Class 12th board examinations with above-mentioned percentage of marks you can apply for admission in LLB degree course. Further for admission in NLUs ( National Law University ) for pursuing same degree course you need to qualify CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ). You can also appear in entrance examinations like DU LLB entrance examination, CUCET, BHU UET, etc. for pursuing same course from Central Universities.
15th April 2018, 05:31 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can do law after 12th Commerce.

Bachelor of Law is 5 years Integrated Law course and can be taken after 12th in any stream from a recognized board.

Some reputed Institution conducts entrance exam like CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) for admission to LLB course.
16th April 2018, 12:11 AM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for LLB after passing 12th Commerce.

LLB - Bachelor of Law can be pursued in two ways: one after 12th for 5 years Integrated LLB and other after Graduation for 3 years LLB course.

The eligible candidates aspiring for 5 years Integrated LLB course, must be an Indian citizen having either appear for the final year 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognized board with 50% marks within the age of 20 years.

The candidate wishes to pursue LLB in the reputed institution should have to crack entrance exam like Common Law Admission Test (CLAT).
16th April 2018, 09:34 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

The basic educational qualification for pursuing this Bachelor of Laws (LLB) course generally varies from entrance examination to entrance examination. For instance, if you are going to pursue LLB through CLAT Entrance Examination then the basic educational qualification required is 12th Class or its equivalent qualification with minimum 45% marks from a recognized board.

On the other side, if you are willing to pursue LLB (Bachelor of laws) course through other entrance examinations then the basic educational qualification required is "Graduation" from a recognized university. Hence, you may appear in CLAT Entrance Examination after completion of 12th Class. Some of the Law entrance examinations are,

>> CLAT Entrance Examination
>> All India Law Entrance Examination conducted by NLU, Delhi
>> Law School Admission Test
>> LAWCET Entrance Test ..etc.,
16th April 2018, 10:39 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.A. LLB. After completion of 12th examination you will have to sit in CLAT or LAWCET examination. On the basis of examination score you can get admission in law college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?