2nd March 2018, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Fashion Designing course after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

I have done Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Is it possible now to do Fashion Designing course? Which all Fashion Designing course can I do now?

6th March 2018, 05:38 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Fashion Designing course after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to study fashion designing after diploma in mechanical engineering.

In fashion designing there are different type of courses available like short term courses, diploma and graduation level courses.

Based on your qualification you are eligible for all the courses. You can go for 1 year diploma in fashion designing or you can do any certification or short term courses related to fashion designing.
If your aim is to become a fashion designer then it will be better if you go for graduation level degree.

The basic eligibility required for studying Graduation in fashion designing is 10+2 or its equivalent education in any discipline from any recognised board.

To get admission in fashion designing universities or institutions, you need to attend entrance exam conducted by different universities. Few universities give direct admission based on your previous year performance.

There are many universities which offer graduation in fashion designing. Some of them are given below:

- NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology)
- Amity University
- Indian Institute of Art & Design
- National Institute of Design
- Indian Institute of Fashion Technology
- Pearl Academy
- Symbiosis Institute of Design
- Srishti Institute of Art Design & Technology
- Apeejay Institute of Design
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology
7th March 2018, 06:18 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Fashion Designing course after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes sure I will say it is possible to pursue your dream. If you have completed a diploma course then perfect. You can immediately apply to a fashion designing institute because you are eligible for the lateral entry slot for B.Tech in Fashion Technology.

The eligibility criteria for lateral entry is 10th+3 year diploma for B.Tech and if you want a Diploma then your 10th pass certificate is enough, but you will not be eligible for lateral entry in this case.

I may remind you however, that for certain Diploma course like ADFT (Advanced Diploma in Fashion Technology) you must have passed your 12th class also.
21st September 2019, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my diploma in mechatronics now. Am i eligible for b.sc.fashion designing?
8th March 2020, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

I am DEEE holder and i would like to join fashion technology.Where shall i seek help???
10th March 2020, 12:22 AM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--Eligibility

:-Candidate must passed 10th from recognized board with minimum of 50-60%Mark's or diploma holder are also eligible for the course.

:-Candidate must be in the age of 18-30 years.

:- Graduate candidate like B.tech students also eligible for this course
3rd October 2021, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma in machinacal can I do fashion design
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?