7th January 2012, 07:25 PM
breakpoint273

Am I eligible for GATE Exam having completed B.Sc (Honors) Physics and M.Sc Physics in Distance Learning?

my name is raj.i have done B.sc(hons.) physics from Delhi university and M.Sc physics from distance course scored more than 70%. am i eligible for gate? plz help me

7th January 2012, 08:47 PM
saurabh.dhyani

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam having completed B.Sc (Honors) Physics and M.Sc Physics in Distance Learning?

hi,
for appearing in GATE exam either you have to do B.E/B.TECH or a master degree in any of the Science subject and you are eligible as you are a M.Sc in physics.
So,don't waste your time and prepare for the exam.
all the best with best wishes,
thank you

regards:
SAURABH DHYANI
7th January 2012, 09:08 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam having completed B.Sc (Honors) Physics and M.Sc Physics in Distance Learning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakpoint273 View Post
my name is raj.i have done B.sc(hons.) physics from Delhi university and M.Sc physics from distance course scored more than 70%. am i eligible for gate? plz help me
Am I eligible for GATE Exam having completed B.Sc (Honors) Physics and M.Sc Physics in Distance Learning?

GATE stands for General Aptitude Test in Engineering and is infact an entrance exam to get entry in to M.Tech courses .You can get admission in top institutes like-IITs and NITs after getting good marks in GATE exam.Let's see the eligibility criteria for GATE-2012

Since you have completed a Master degree in science , you are eligible to apply for GATE-2012.For more information please visit the official website that is http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2012/

Dates of Examination

With Regards
ravik1214
8th January 2012, 12:51 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE Exam having completed B.Sc (Honors) Physics and M.Sc Physics in Distance Learning?

dear friend,
GATE is an entrance exam for M.tech course.. Which is conducted by IIT's and IISC jointly.

Eligibility for GATE exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in fields like- BE/B.tech/B.Arch..
Or,
Candidate has to complete the post graduation in fields like- M.Sc/MBA/MCA..

2.Final year candidates can also apply for GATE exam.

3.No age limit.

4.No number of attempt restriction.

As you have complete M.Sc from distance learning method then you are eligible for GATE exam..
So, go for it..
All the best..
10th April 2012, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

sir,i have completed my bsc physics through correspondence from IGNOU university with 84.69%....am i eligible for GATE entrance exam and can i get addmission in IIT institute...
10th July 2012, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

is there any subject restriction for gate after doing m.sc?
23rd September 2012, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

sir i am a 4 th year computer science b.tech..... can i appear in this years physics exam?????????
29th September 2012, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

sir i am a msc(physics)student can i give gate exam?
10th June 2013, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m a 4th yr electronics nd communication engg. B.E. stdnt..,am I able to appear in gate physics....
17th July 2013, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

how many persentage required in B.Sc and M.sc to give GATE EXAM
22nd September 2013, 09:59 AM
rsartgyh

am i eligible for gate after b sc physics hons [
6th October 2013, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

can I apply gate exam after passing m.sc in physics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?