30th May 2014, 01:10 AM
Julie lakra

Am I eligible to get admission in MBBS after compartment?

Sir can I get admission in AIPMT or CMC if I got good ranks but now I failed in physics ,so if I clear my compartment in physics would I be eligible to get admission in AIPMT or CMC through counseling this year 2014 ?

15th March 2016, 01:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in MBBS after compartment?

AIPMT stands for All India Pre-Medical Test and it is a medical entrance examination which is held once every year by CBSE for admission in the MBBS/BDS course from government medical colleges.

--> For appearing in the same examination you must have completed your higher secondary degree course with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as the main subjects with a minimum of 50% marks put all together. Students having equivalent degree course or pursuing final year these degree courses are also eligible.

--> Also you must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

So having compart in Physics in your higher secondary board examination you are not eligible for appearing in the counselling for AIPMT same year as the results for compartmental examination will probably come after the counselling period. So to be eligible for admission in medical college for MBBS course through medical entrance examination you will have to reappear and clear the entrance examination next year again.

For more details about AIPMT examination you can log on to its official link i.e; www.aipmt.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?