31st August 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS exam after scoring 86.65% in both SSLC and PUC

I have scored 86.65% in both sslc n puc,is iam eligible to appear ias exam

2nd September 2012, 02:14 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after scoring 86.65% in both SSLC and PUC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored 86.65% in both sslc n puc,is iam eligible to appear ias exam
In order to appear for IAS entrance examination, there is no percentage criteria. The entrance test for selection of IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Officials is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and is known as Civil Service Examination. As per the guidelines of the commission, graduates in any discipline may appear for Civil Service Examination, irrespective of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination and stream followed in the same. However, having a good academic record definitely helps a candidate during the final selection procedure carried out by Union Public Service Commission.

Now, apart from being a graduate, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years to be considered eligible for Civil Service Examination. Maximum age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories is as follows:

OBC Category: 33 years
SC/ST Category: 35 years

So, if you are willing to write Civil Service Examination, you must complete your bachelors degree program and be within the aforementioned age limit. The notification regarding the examination is published in India's major Newspapers as well as on the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
31st May 2013, 12:05 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after scoring 86.65% in both SSLC and PUC

You must be a graduate in order to apply for IAS. Marks obtained in graduation are not a criterion for eligibility. 10th and 12th class marks are also not considered. You must have completed 21 years to apply. Maximum age limit for the test is 30 years.
20th June 2014, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 75% in sslc and right now m doing diploma in metallurgy and i have an aggregate of 75% as well and ill complete my engg in next 3 years too do u think my iq has a chance to become an ips officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?