8th August 2012, 06:46 AM
Bilal Lone

Am I eligible for IES after completing only 2 semester out of 4?

I"ve completed only 2 semesters out of 4, am I eligible for I.E.S

8th August 2012, 08:09 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES after completing only 2 semester out of 4?

Hi dear.......
AS you are interested for IES exam , The eligibility criteria for IES exam are as follows......

Age Limits:

(a) A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August, of the current year

(b) The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department.

Minimum Educational Qualification:

For admission to the examination, a candidate must have—

* obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or

* obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or

* passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or

* passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or

* passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.

Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group 'A' in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:-

M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subjects.

For more details see below chart.....

Exam pattern :

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.........
8th August 2012, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

is ECE branch is eligible for I.E.S?
8th August 2012, 01:32 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

Eligibility for IES

Nationality

Age Limit:
Minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years on 1st January, 2012
Age Relaxation: upper age limit of 30 years is relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government Servants of certain categories.

Educational Qualification

● obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
8th August 2012, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

what i do become ips officer..now i m study in s.y.bsc sem3.physics a
nd chemistry sub.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?