21st November 2010, 12:09 AM
anirban mca

Am I eligible for IIT-JAM with 74% aggregate in BCA?

In H.S. I Have 58%(all over) and 69% in Mathematics.In Graduation(B.C.A) I Have 74%(all over) and in mathematics 93%. Am i eligibile for MCA entrance JAM(Roorkie IIT)

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in IIT-JAM(MCA) for BCA(IGNOU) 3rd year student who have secured 58% in 12th and 56% in 10th? Do I have to face interview in IIT-JAM? Syllabus and books for preparation of IIT-JAM(MCA)?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for IIT-JAM for M.Sc if secured 56% aggregate in B.Sc?
  3. Am I eligible for IIT JAM exam after scoring 53% aggregate with 64% in Physics Honors? What can I do for masters degree in Physics?
  4. Can I apply in IIT-JAM for M.Sc programme if secured 56% aggregate and achieved 1st rank in graduation?
  5. Eligibility for IIT JAM 2017 for B.Sc appearing students -- [New]
  6. Am I eligible for IIT JEE for admission in IIT?
  7. Am I eligible for IIT JAM after completing B.Tech in computer science
  8. Am I eligible for JAM 2016 as per my subject combination?
  9. BCA student can apply for JAM 2015 entrance exam?
  10. Names of the top universities for MSc Physics? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Scope, syllabus and eligibility for IIT JAM 2016?
  12. How many questions to be answered so as to get selected for MCA in IIT JAM in general category?
  13. Can I apply for JNU and IIT-JAM entrance exams if didn't have Chemistry in F.Y. & S.Y.Biotechnology?
  14. How to get admission in MCA through IIT JAM after passing BCA? Last 10 years MCA question papers?
  15. How can I prepare to crack IIT-JAM? Total expenses to study M.Sc(Physics) in IIT?
  16. Which stream is best in IITJAM?
  17. Which books should I follow for IIT JAM exam for MCA? Can I get admission in any IITs in India if I am able qualify for IIT JAM? From where to get the forms? Is private tuition necessary?
  18. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in IIT-JAM for admission in M.Sc course if completed B.Sc from IGNOU?
21st November 2010, 05:44 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT-JAM with 74% aggregate in BCA?

Hello,
For IIT(Roorke)JAM Admission Test in MCA,the Minimum Educational Qualifications are-:
i.Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least one year for annual system candidates/ at least two papers of Mathematics for semester system candidates.

ii.At least 55% aggregate marks for General/OBC category candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD category candidates in the qualifying degree exams.

JAM 2011 will be held on 08/05/2011 in two sessions.The 1st session from 9 A.M to 12 P.M and the 2nd one from 2 P.M to 5 P.M.
22nd November 2010, 04:29 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Yes you are absolutely elegible,the minimum critaria is 55% for general candidate,you have 58% and 69% in mathematices...
And also you get a advantage of BCA...
29th April 2011, 01:10 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

I think yes you are eligible for IIT-JAM with 74% aggregate in BCA..... because minimum criteria is 55% ..........so you have good marks so you can go for that....
2nd June 2011, 06:14 AM
Unregistered

hi i have 10 2 70% with mathematics and then i had BBA with no maths but statistics am i eligible for iit-jam aggregate 68%
thanks in advance
2nd June 2011, 06:17 AM
jennyone

hi i had completed my BBA with 68% aggregate but i had no mths but statistics and 10+2 with maths 70% am i eligible thanx in advance
24th July 2011, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

i have completed B.C.A. from ignou with 64% marks ,Am i eligibile for M.C.A. entrance JAM(IIT ROORKIE)
17th October 2011, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

I have completed in m.sc.,maths after m.tech in anna university...
16th November 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i have completed bca from ignou with 60% marks.. and 10 2 without math. Am i eligibile for MCA entrance JAM(Roorkie IIT)
14th March 2012, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

i have 55% in bca and i have no math in12 can ieligible for iit mca
12th February 2013, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

i am in BCA 2nd year with math in subsidery can i elligible for m.sc math in jam
12th February 2013, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

i am in BCA 2nd year with math in subsideries can i elligible for m.sc math in jam
13th February 2013, 08:40 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

As you have 74% marks in BCA and want to get admission in IIT-JAM (Roorkee) For MCA Course , you have to fulfill the below mentioned qualifications :

* You must hold a Bachelor`s Degree in Mathematics from any recognized college/university.

* You must have a minimum of 55% marks in Graduation.

* There is also a relaxation of 5% arks given to those candidates who belong to OBC/SC/ST categories.

So , from the above mentioned , you can see that if you fulfill them all , then you are eligible and most likely to get admission in the same.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
13th February 2013, 03:41 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Yes, you are eligible for IIT JAM exam, as per your percentage

IITJAM is for entrance in M.Sc./ MCA courses conducted by IIT.

Eligibility for IIT JAM-

Bachelor’s degree in the subject concerned , in which the candidate wants admission.

After qualifying IIT JAM these are some more criterias to be eligible for admission in IITs –

Minimum 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree.

Subjects to choose from , for IIT JAM –

Physics
Chemistry
Mathematics
Biotechnology
Geology
Mathematical Statistics
Geophysics
Computer Applications
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?