17th August 2012, 11:46 AM
Gursahib Randhawa

Am i eligible for IPS test after doing B.Tech Mechanical engineering

Hii Sir .........i m gursahib singh doing b.tech-mechanical engg(final year). Plz tell me can i eligible for ips test

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write IES exam? I am pursuing B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  2. Am I eligible for IPS exam after graduating in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
  3. Am I eligible for IAS/IPS entrance exam? I have completed diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  4. Names of the books for IPS? I am a student of B.Tech 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering
  5. Am I eligible to give IAS or IPS Exam after completion of Mechanical Engineering course?
  6. How to become a scientist after passing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering? I have passed 6th semester in mechanical engineering with 75% marks
  7. Am I eligible for IPS Exam after completing B.Com Computers? Courses to study for IPS Entrance Test?
  8. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force after finishing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Can I appear for IPS entrance while in 1st year B.Tech of Civil Engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for MS degree in Mechanical Engineering after doing B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
  11. Is it possible to do MS in Acturial Sciences after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering? -- [New]
  13. Am i eligible to answer for IPS exam? I have done 12th in science
  14. Can Mechanical Engineering students appear for IPS Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Will I be able to take M.Tech Mechanical Engineering after B.Tech Petroleum Engineering?
  16. Am I eligible to become a CID officer after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
  17. Is a B.Tech Mechanical Student Eligible for IES exam? After getting selected will they post on candidates personal interest or their interest?
  18. Can I apply for IPS entrance exma after studying diploma in mechanical engineering?
30th August 2012, 07:21 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IPS test after doing B.Tech Mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gursahib Randhawa View Post
Hii Sir .........i m gursahib singh doing b.tech-mechanical engg(final year). Plz tell me can i eligible for ips test
IPS stands for Indian Police Service and the entrance test conducted for the same is known as Civil Service Examination, which is being held every year under the regulation of Union Public Service Commission; the regulatory body responsible for conducting various entrance examination for recruitment of Central Government officials.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows:
  • Candidates willing to write the Civil Service Examination must possess a bachelors degree in any discipline.
  • Must have attained the age of 21 years.
  • Candidates belonging to General Category must not be over 30 years of age, Candidates belonging to OBC Category must not be over 33 years of age, and those belonging to SC/ST Category must not be over 35 years of age.

Any individual who fulfills the eligibility criteria mentioned above will be considered eligible to Civil Service Examination, which comprise of two stages of written examination and an interview. To know more about the examination and in order to keep yourself updated regarding the same, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
14th February 2013, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am i eligible for IPS test after doing B.Tech Mechanical engineering

i completed B.TECH mechnical engg..can i elgible for IAS
14th February 2013, 10:04 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for IPS after B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering.

To become an IPS(Indian Police Service) officer, one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate aspiring for IPS, Civil Service exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

Apart from this the candidate aspiring for IPS should have minimum prescribed Physical requirement such as:-

HEIGHT:- General/OBC Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:- Male-84cm and Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
25th February 2013, 11:27 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gursahib Randhawa View Post
t's good to see that your aspiring to become an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) Officer . If your interested in IPS Examination , then First you need to Apply for Civil Service Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission .

The Minimum Academic Qualification to apply for this IPS Examination , One should Complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University .

At Present your doing B.tech Final year candidate .. yes definitely your eligible for IAS Entrance Examination .. But you do have any backlogs in your previous semesters then Only your eligible for IAS Entrance Examination ..

Note :- Pass Marks is Enough to apply for this Examination .

Your age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will applicable for ,

-SC/ST candidates for :- 5 years
-OBC candidates for :- 3 Years .

So, After Completing Graduation Course , please Apply for Civil Service Examination and the Important Notification for this Examination are released in Employment news paper . So, Please go through the Employment news regularly .
4th November 2014, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i'm sibin and i very much interest to become an I P S (Indian Police Service) officer.Could you plz tell me that, what are procedure to achieve my target after completion of my B E mechanical engineering degree,:-):-)
21st February 2015, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

sir i dont know about subject selection for ips exmination i hv comleted B Tech in mechanical engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?