26th February 2017, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?

Respected Sir, My name is Prasad Roundhal and I am studying in class 12th Science and I want to join Merchant Navy so I want to know am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  2. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  3. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  4. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  6. What is the procedure to join the Merchant Navy? What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join?
  7. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy after Graduation if I secure less than 60% marks in 12th?
  9. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  10. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  11. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  12. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  13. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  14. How can I join Indian Merchant Navy?
  15. Can girls after doing B.Sc. join navy or merchant navy?
  16. How to enter into Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy?
  17. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  18. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy?
27th February 2017, 08:06 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The scorecard or rank in NDA entrance exam is not used for selection of candidate for Merchant Navy. The eligibility criteria for joining Merchant Navy is that candidate must have done 10+2 from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The admission to various institutes like T. S Chanakya, Mumbai or Marine Engineering Research Institute is done on basis of Joint Entrance Examination rank card. You must apply for JEE exam and clear its both stages with top rank to get admission in either of institute for bachelor's degree in Nautical science and then job in it.
27th February 2017, 09:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and NDA entrance examination is held for selection of deserving candidates for their recruitment as commissioned officer in Indian defense sector once they get necessary training and education from NDA.

Now as far as you are concerned about need of appearing in NDA entrance examination for joining Merchant Navy then I would like to let you know that there is no such requirement as merchant navy is basically concerned with commercial services and has nothing to do with the defense of nation.

As far as you are concerned about the eligibility criteria for joining Merchant Navy then there is many possibilities in the same depending upon the applicants qualification.

Being a student of Class 12th with Science stream you are eligible for pursuing various merchant navy engineering courses like B.Sc. Nautical Science, B.E. Marine Engineering, B.E. Naval Architecture and Offshore Engineering, B.E. Petroleum Engineering, B.E. Mechanical engineering etc. after completing which you can become chief engineer in Merchant Navy by qualifying its entrance examination and respective medical test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?