13th July 2012, 02:24 AM
reetika prakash

Am I eligible for NET Lectureship exam after doing Bio Informatics from Sikkim manipal Distance Education

i have done MSc bio informatics through sikkim manipal distance edu.am i eligible for net lectureship exam 2012 and can i apply for life science l

Related Questions:
13th July 2012, 07:41 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Lectureship exam after doing Bio Informatics from Sikkim manipal Distance Education

National Eligibility Test (NET) is a entrance test conducted by the University Grants Commission. The NET exam is conducted for candidates who wish to pursue P.hD degree or the job of Lecturer/Junior Research Fellowship.

Sometimes NET exam is referred to "CSIR-UGC" NET because while University Grants Commission solely conducts humanities and art discipline exams, the science and Engineering discipline are jointly conducted by UGC and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).

UGC conducts the NET exam twice a year first in June and second time in December. The eligibility criteria for the UGC NET exam is as following:

QUALICATION CRITERIA

Candidates should secure at least 55 per cent marks (without any rounding off) in the Masters degree course.

In case of candidate from SC/ST/PH, he/she will get 5 percent relaxation on minimum percentage required.

Candidate in the final year of masters degree course may also apply but will require to complete the degree within two years of NET exam with the minimum percentage mentioned above else they will be disqualified.

You should be at least 19 years old to apply for NET exam.

There is no upper age limit for appearing in NET Exam for lecturership job.

Candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship should not be more than 28 years old as on the first day of month in which NET exam will take place.

The relaxation in upper age limit of up to 5 years in granted to candidates from SC/ST/PH/OBC and the women candidates.

LLB degree holders are also eligible for relaxation of 3 years in upper age limit.
13th July 2012, 01:26 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Lectureship exam after doing Bio Informatics from Sikkim manipal Distance Education

Yes, with an M.Sc Bio Informatics degree, you can apply for NET exam for lectureship positions. Post graduation is the main qualification required for attending this exam. Also 55% marks need to be scored in PG level. You can apply for this exam through online. All further details about this exam will be made available in UGC official site.
16th August 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for NET Exam after doing m.com from correspondence,delhi university?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?