18th March 2011, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NIMCET exam after scoring 59% in BCA(1st and 2nd year), 67% in 12th and 69% in 10th?

Sir i am a student of bcaIII year i got agreeget 59.75% marks in my last two year

and i got marks in 10th 69%
and 12th 67%

can i able for nimcet exams?
Sir my ph.no. +919806435121

19th March 2011, 10:53 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for NIMCET exam after scoring 59% in BCA(1st and 2nd year), 67% in 12th and 69% in 10th?

Hello,

YES, you are eligible for NIMCET exam after scoring 59 % in BCA (1st and 2nd year), 67 % in 12th standard and 69 % in 10th standard.

Good Luck
27th March 2011, 06:48 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NIMCET exam after scoring 59% in BCA(1st and 2nd year), 67% in 12th and 69% in 10th?

Yes you are eligible for NIMCET.........

Eligibility for NIMCET:
Indian nationals securing 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA (55% or 6.0/10 CGPA for SC/ST) in each of the examinations of (i) 12th level with Mathematics and
(ii) bachelor’s degree of full time 3 year duration from a recognized university with any one of (a) mathematics (b) statistics (c) business mathematics (d) discrete mathematics (e) mathematical foundations of computer science (f) business statistics (g) computational mathematics (h) elementary mathematics (i) elementary statistics; as one of the subjects. Those who have done bridge course in mathematics are also eligible to apply.

Regards
~Kapila~
28th March 2011, 10:24 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for NIMCET exam after scoring 59% in BCA(1st and 2nd year), 67% in 12th and 69% in 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir i am a student of bcaIII year i got agreeget 59.75% marks in my last two year

and i got marks in 10th 69%
and 12th 67%

can i able for nimcet exams?
Sir my ph.no. +919806435121
Eligibility for NIMCET exam

NIMCET exam is conducted every year by the National Institute of Technology for the MCA course.The eligibility criteria required for this exam is given below.

Education Qualification
To apply for the NIMCET exam a candidate should be graduate in any discipline.
Also the candidate who have scored more then 60% marks in the graduation and 12th are only eligible.
For SC/ST minimum percentage required is 55%.

Pattern of examination
The NIMCET examination is based on the following pattern.

-> Mathematics - 40 questions

-> Computer awareness – 10 questions

-> Analytical ability -55 questions
and Logical Reasoning

-> General English – 15 questions

For more information on NIMCET examination visit the web site
http://nimcet10.nitkkr.ac.in
21st May 2011, 06:31 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for the NIMCET exams
Eligibility:
Indian Nationals securing 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA (55% or 6.0/10 CGPA for SC/ST) in each of the examinations of 12th level with Mathematics and Bachelor’s Degree of full time 3 year duration from a recognized University with any one of the following as one of the subjects-
• Mathematics
• Business Mathematics
• Discrete Mathematics
• Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
• Business Statistics
• Computational Mathematics
• Elementary Mathematics
• Elementary Statistics

SYLLABUS:

Mathmatics45QUESTIONS)
Set Theory:Concepts of sets, Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions. Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear / quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices.
Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.
Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.

ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING: (40 questions)
The questions in this section will cover logical situations and questions based on the facts given in the passage.

COMPUTER AWARENESS: (10 questions)
Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.

GENERAL ENGLISH: (25 questions)
Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidate’s general understanding of English language. There will be questions on the following topics: Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), word power, synonyms and antonyms, meaning of words and phrases, technical writing.

List of Participating Nit’s
1 National Institute of Technology Jirania, Agartala
2 Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad
3 Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal
4 National Institute of Technology, Calicut (Kerala)
5 National Institute of Technology Durgapur
6 National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur
7 National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Haryana)
8 National Institute of Technology, Raipur
9 National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal (Karnataka)
10 National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Naidu)
11 National Institute of Technology, Warangal (A.P.)
27th July 2011, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Sir, what is the eligibility criteria for PH candidates for nimcet.plz reply
31st July 2011, 09:50 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

NIMCET 2010 Eligibility

Indian Nationals securing 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA (55% or 6.0/10 CGPA for SC/ST) in each of the examinations of

(i) 12th level with Mathematics and

(ii) Bachelor’s Degree of full time 3 year duration from a recognized University with branch
Mathematics
Statistics
Business Mathematics
Discrete Mathematics
Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
Business Statistics
Computational Mathematics
Elementary Mathematics
Elementary Statistics.

as you have not chosen any one of the above branches you are not eligible
21st August 2011, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

sir i have got 59% in 10th 2005 and 71% in 12th 2010 (private) i got 85 no. in math with PCM. and in bca 52% from ignou . Am i eligible for nimcet. private degree is eligibe in 12th standard. please suggest me . thank u.
6th June 2022, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

AM I eligible for NIMCET exam after scoring 53 % in bsc with mathematics and 63% in 12th (PCM)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?