1st August 2012, 01:14 PM
Sharma.manisha181090

Am I eligible for NIMCET Exam having scored 60% in B.Sc Mathematics, 54% in 10+2 and pursuing M.Sc course?

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I have completed B.Sc. (Maths) with 60% in 2011 & now persuing M.Sc.
I got 54% in 10+2...
So can i eligible for NIMCET (MCA ENTRANCE) ?????

Kindly confirm the same...

Regards,
Manisha

30th August 2012, 09:25 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NIMCET Exam having scored 60% in B.Sc Mathematics, 54% in 10+2 and pursuing M.Sc course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharma.manisha181090 View Post
Dear Sir/Ma'am,

I have completed B.Sc. (Maths) with 60% in 2011 & now persuing M.Sc.
I got 54% in 10+2...
So can i eligible for NIMCET (MCA ENTRANCE) ?????

Kindly confirm the same...

Regards,
Manisha
As per the percentage of marks you have scored in your Higher Secondary examination, you will not be considered eligible for NIMCET (NIT MCA Common Entrance Test).

To be considered eligible for the MCA Common Entrance Test, conducted by the National Institutes of Technology, one must have scored a minimum of Sixty Per-Cent Marks in the higher secondary level as well as in the bachelors degree examination. The required percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations is relaxed upto 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category. Apart from that, candidate must also have studied atleast one subject from the following list in the bachelors degree program:

Mathematics, Statistics, Business Mathematics, Business Statistics, Discrete Mathematics,Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Computational Mathematics,Elementary Mathematics, Elementary Statistics.

For further information, refer to the official website of National Institutes of Technology.
16th August 2015, 12:53 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NIMCET Exam having scored 60% in B.Sc Mathematics, 54% in 10+2 and pursuing M.Sc course?

Sorry to state that you are not eligible to apply for the NIMCET exam .

NIMCET stands for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test . It is a national level Common Entrance Test conducted by NITs for admission in the MCA course.

The eligibility criteria required to appear for the NIMCET exam are as under :-

Nationality : Indian .

Qualification : BSc / BSc (Hons) / BCA / BIT degree of minimum three year duration , or

B.E/ B.Tech courses or its equivalent from a recognized University.

-The candidate needs to secure at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale for General category and 55% marks in aggregate or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale for SC/ST category .

-The candidate who are appearing for the final year or final semester of their degree are eligible to apply for the exam .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?