15th July 2011, 05:58 AM
amanavinash

Am I eligible for placements in companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys having 1 year gap?

I passed my class 10th exam in 2004 with an aggregate of 90.2% and passed my class 12th exam in 2007 with an aggregate of 74.2%.There is an year gap of 1 year between 10th and 12th as i suffered from jaundice during my 12th exam in 2006.I took admission in engineering in 2008.My stream is I.T..Am i eligible to seat for placement in companies like TCS,Infosys,Wipro etc? BTech(upto 3rd year)-8.0.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for placements in companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys having 1 year gap? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is it necessary to maintain 60% aggregate in B.Tech 1st year to be eligible for placements?
  3. Am i eligible for Infosys and TCS with one year gap between Diploma and Degree?
  4. Can I get job in TCS, Wipro Infotech, L&T Infotech, Accenture, IBM and Infosys if having 4 years of work experience in Syntel?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for a job in companies like TCS Infosys Wipro?
  6. Am I eligible for IBM, TCS, WIPRO, Infosys and Accenture?
  7. Will I be eligible for On-Campus Placement with 2 years of gap in studies?
  8. Can I be eligible for various IT Giants like Infosys, ICS, WIPRO after having 2 years gap
  9. Am I eligible for campus placements with 4 backlogs?
  10. Eligibility for Wipro and Infosys placement Test -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible for Infosys, TCS, HCL, Wipro companies after scoring 54.6% in 10th and 64.8% in 12th?
  12. Eligibility to attend off-campus interview of Infosys and Wipro with mentioned percentage in overall academics?
  13. What is the eligibility for Wipro, Satyam, TCS and any other IT companies to apply for job?
  14. Am I eligible for company like TCS and Wipro if I have scored 59.82% marks in 12th and above 60% in 10th and B.Tech?
  15. Am I eligible for all companies like TCS, WIPRO, Google, IBM after 1 year gap after 12th
  16. Am I eligible for a job in L&T, TCS, WIPRO, Infosys?
  17. Is it possible to get placed in TCS, CTS or Infosys before completion of my mechanical engineering course?
  18. Am I eligible for campus placements in Infosys, Wipro, Accenture or TCS after scoring 77% in 10th, 58.4% in 12th and 75% in B.E?
15th July 2011, 09:49 AM
Uttam Nandi

Default Re: Am I eligible for placements in companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys having 1 year gap?

YES, you are eligible for placement in software companies like TCS, Wipro or Infosys. One year gap is allowed. And at least aggregate 60% marks is required for TCS or Wipro and 65% marks for Infosys in 10th board, 10+2 and in graduation. You satisfy all the criteria properly. So, you don't need to worry at all.
Good Luck !!
15th July 2011, 10:12 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for placements in companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys having 1 year gap?

yes surely you are eligible. one year gap is allowed for TCS, Infosys, Wipro etc leading IT company. but obviously you should have valid reason for your gap. as you suffered in jaundice then i think you have medical certificate for that so there is no problem.

generally the eligibility criterion for most of the leading IT companies is candidates should have minimum of 60% marks throughout their career from 10th to B.Tech or M.Tech. as you have more than 60% marks in 10th, 12th and B.Tech so you fulfill this eligibility criterion.

one more eligibility criterion is gap between study up to two years are allowed for TCS, Wipro,Infosys like leading company. but obviously you should have valid reason for any type of gap.

don't worry you fulfill all eligibility criterion. you are eligible to appear in leading IT company. just prepare himself for the IT industry so that easily you can get job in a good company.

besy of luck.
15th July 2011, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

Thanks Jamess.
15th July 2011, 10:31 AM
amanavinash

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESS View Post
yes surely you are eligible. one year gap is allowed for TCS, Infosys, Wipro etc leading IT company. but obviously you should have valid reason for your gap. as you suffered in jaundice then i think you have medical certificate for that so there is no problem.

generally the eligibility criterion for most of the leading IT companies is candidates should have minimum of 60% marks throughout their career from 10th to B.Tech or M.Tech. as you have more than 60% marks in 10th, 12th and B.Tech so you fulfill this eligibility criterion.

one more eligibility criterion is gap between study up to two years are allowed for TCS, Wipro,Infosys like leading company. but obviously you should have valid reason for any type of gap.

don't worry you fulfill all eligibility criterion. you are eligible to appear in leading IT company. just prepare himself for the IT industry so that easily you can get job in a good company.

besy of luck.
Thanks Jamess
15th July 2011, 10:32 AM
swatianand

yes sure you are eligible. As most leading companies take candidates having above 60% marks and you fulfill all those criterion.
As far as study gap is concerned most leading companies like TCS,Wipro,Infosys allow upto 2 years of study gap having a valid reason to explain it.
15th July 2011, 10:36 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

you have a good career .

but you look your 1 years gap.
i hope thAT IS NOT HAMPER

your placement.

Some times most company ask for no year gap

but whatever you write those company.

they will allow 1 year gap.

that will help you .

So you able to seat in campus .....................

GOOD LUCK.............
15th July 2011, 10:41 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

Yes you can Join Companies like TCS,Wipro,Infosys etc with one years gap.The gap should be with a solid reason.TCS as announced that it can accept candidate with two years gap but the candidate must have scored 60% through out.
Other companies accept candidate with one years gap but they also want 60%-70% through out.

Best wishes...
15th July 2011, 11:18 AM
raja badam

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for placements in companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys having 1 year gap?

Dear Aspirant,

No doubt,surely you are eligible for those famous companies if you have all academic minimum 60% of marks.there is not a matter of one year gap.So do not worry you are eligible for those famous companies.

Generally eligibility rules for famous companies is as follows

First one you have score all your academics(10Th,10+2,graduation) with minimum 60% of marks.
Final year students of B.Tech or B.Sc students also eligible for those campus Interviews.

Second one is you do not have any 2 years gap in your academics.

I think you have more than 60% of marks,So you have to start your preparation for campus interviews.

First one,you have to prepare for written exam

Second one, you have to prepare for Technical Interview.

Third one, may be group discussion

Final one, you have to prepare for HR Interview
Start your preparation and makes your life beautiful.

All the best for you
15th July 2011, 11:24 AM
sanjeev26

yes, off course you can apply in any company there is no hard & fast rule that if you have gap so would not able to apply in any company.
15th July 2011, 11:50 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you are eligible for any campus drive of TCS,WIPRO,INFOSYS..

The eligibility criteria is-
you must have 60%marks all over your career...

you should not have any gap more than 2years..

you must not have any backlogs..

As you have good percentage of marks throughout your academic career, so don't worry you are eligible...

As you are now in 3rd year.. so prepare yourself.. try to increase your soft skills...
The vital part of these IT sectors campus drive is the aptitude test..
maximum eligible students are eliminated through this test.. so work hard on that...

Best Wishes...
15th July 2011, 11:59 AM
sumit 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanavinash View Post
I passed my class 10th exam in 2004 with an aggregate of 90.2% and passed my class 12th exam in 2007 with an aggregate of 74.2%.There is an year gap of 1 year between 10th and 12th as i suffered from jaundice during my 12th exam in 2006.I took admission in engineering in 2008.My stream is I.T..Am i eligible to seat for placement in companies like TCS,Infosys,Wipro etc? BTech(upto 3rd year)-8.0.
Hi, yes you are surely eligible for placement in any IT company.

During your personal interview you must be able to give sufficient reasons for the gap, and as you say you were ill, bring along your medical certificates of that time as proof.

Best of luck. Feel free to ask if doubts remain.
15th July 2011, 01:34 PM
naveen7777

Quote:
hello sir
yes you can apply for the jobs companies like TCS ,infosys,wipro etc
yes they will ask you at the time interview why there is a gap and you have answered them a reason but as you said that you suffered from jaundice during then you also should have a medical certificate during that period of time so put that certificate as well with your certificates at the time of interview.
so please be confident and prepare for their exams and quickly apply your qualification on to their pesonal websites.
best of luck
15th July 2011, 03:30 PM
digvijaygarg

Yes you have a good academic career and you have good marks in engineering as well
You are eligible for all these companies and these companies generally go for students with good overall record as now companies have made it mandatory to have 60% throughout academic career
Try to develop good communication skills which will help you in the interview time
15th July 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

I DO NOT HAVE REALLY A VALID REASON .... I WAS JUST NOT ABLE TO AFFORD THE FEES DUE TO FINANCIAL CONDITIONS.... AM I ELIGIBLE?
15th July 2011, 04:54 PM
genius_911

yeah.. u r eligible for tcs,info,wipro like companies... mainly the criteria for eligibility are-:
1.an aggregate of 60%or more in 10th and 12th and b.tech.
2.upto 2 years of gap are valid for the above mentioned companies.
15th July 2011, 05:02 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
yes you are eligible for these company for these you to be uptodate your self accordinglly
to the socitey & you have to give sufficient reasion for the gap which you have taken .
you should prepare for your self for your college campus in the aptitude test,technical interview,hr interview.

good luck..............
15th July 2011, 05:04 PM
genius_911

every company ask for 60%in 10th,12th and b.tech. and there should be no current backlog in your b.tech... bt companies like wipro and info demands for 70%in 10th and 12th and an aggregate of 65%in b.tech..since u r 1 year dropper so u r eligible for these companies as 1 year drop is valid for most of the software companies... TCS even permits students with 2 years of drop.
15th July 2011, 07:00 PM
Sagar Keshari

yes you can have and for these companies you must have atleast sixty percentage marks in all through. try for off campusing you will get one.
15th July 2011, 09:42 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Yes you can apply in any IT which you like there will be no problem occur. One year gap does not effect on your career so you should continue hard work to achieve your goal.
15th July 2011, 11:04 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

yes surely you are eligible. one year gap is allowed for TCS, Infosys, Wipro etc leading IT company.

eligibility criterion-

candidates should have minimum of 60% marks throughout their career from 10th to B.Tech or M.Tech. as you have more than 60% marks in 10th, 12th and B.Tech so you fulfill this eligibility criterion.

best of luck.
16th July 2011, 01:30 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

Yes you are eligible for all MNC .As there general eligibility criteria is ::

One should have got 60% in class 10th ,12th and in BE/BTECH.
You should not have gap more then 2 years after class 12th.

If you full fill above criteria then you are eligible for maximum companies like ::

TCS
INFOSYS
DEOLITES
WIPRO

and other MNC.
19th July 2011, 12:59 AM
aroy8091

dear friend
you have a good career around you
as you said that you have an one year gap between your courses & this can't hamper your career.
you can apply for the companies like infosys wipro & tcs
24th July 2011, 05:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,
for TCS eligibility criteria is 60% above in through out. Backlog candidate are not allowed .maximum two years gap are allowed.

For WIPRO eligibility criteria is 50% in through out. Backlog candidate are not allowed .maximum two years gap are allowed.

for INFOSYS eligibility criteria is 65% above in through out. Backlog candidate are not allowed .maximum two years gap are allowed.

So you are eligible for maximum no of software company.
Thanks
28th July 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Is 1 yr drop allowed in companies like tcs, infosys..since i got selected in tech mahindra but later i was not selected in hr since i was having a drop..intially it was told that 1 yr gap s allowed between the course and not during the course..and also al companies now-a-days are asking for no drop criteria..and also my aggregate is 58%..so what is the solution
31st July 2011, 09:53 PM
kartikayan

Hi dear,

Thanks
7th August 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

i m in final yr of b.tech with..70% aggegate marks...but i have 58% marks in 12th...am i eligible for any company......raj aryan
7th August 2011, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for any company. i have got 56% marks in 12th.my b.tech agregate is 70% ..with 1yr gap.
16th August 2011, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

i have dropped 2 years for preparing the various competitions......then i decided to do B.E. presently i m in final year ..i got 78% in 10 th and 64% in 12th from C.B.S.E. board ..and in B.E. i got 74% upto 6th sem ..so i wanted to know that is i m eligible for top mnc companies recruitment ???????? please guide me .....
21st August 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

im studying pg final year with 72% .am i eligible for placements like tcs,infosys having one year gap because of one backlog in degree?
23rd August 2011, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

hello , i m in doubt for the eligiblity crieteria of some it companies like TCS/WIPRO/INFOSYS/cts/pcs
i have two yrs gap between 12th n b.tech ..Am i eligible for apply in these mnc.?
my 10th n 12th is more than 65% n in b.tech 67% till 6th sem.
doubt for tcs is that somewhere i found tht tcs allowed max. 2 yrs gap but somewhere i found tcs allows less than 2 yrs. what is truth at current day ,
plz reply ....
29th August 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam,
I have 4 years gap before my 12th exam due to health reasons and can produce the medical certificate for the same, I have recently completed my BE in June 2011 with 74% aggregate. I am searching for software engineering job and hence please let me know the detailed list of eligibility criteria of all the s/w companies including Indian and foreign MNCs such as their age restriction and educational career gap criteria....!! I am presently 25 years old and my date of birth is 03.02.1986. My 10th result is 93% and 12th is 81%. I have no backlogs throughout my educational career and I had to take a gap only due to my ill health..!! Please inform me the criteria for companies such as IBM, Texas Instruments, Dell, Intel, Microsoft, Cisco, Google, HP, Intuit, Robert Bosch, HCL, Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, Honeywell, Cognizant, Huawei, Oracle, Cap-Gemini, Tech Mahindra, Mind Tree, I-Gate, E-Bay,etc.,

Pls pls rply and help me as it is very important for my career...!!!!!!
30th August 2011, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello my name is suresh. I have completed my MCA Last year 2010 pasout. Im having above 65 percentage throughout my academic career. My goal is to get a job in a reputed MNC. I had tried for some companies.But, i did nt got any job til nw. Almost all i lost chances to get a job as a fresher. So, can u give me a valuable suggestion. Plzz..
31st August 2011, 09:32 AM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

Thanks
15th September 2011, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for placements in companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys having 2 supplies in B Tech IT yet in my 7th sem?
25th September 2011, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for placement in companies like HCL, Wipro, Patani having 2 year gap between 12th and Graduation?
5th November 2011, 11:52 AM
VegaSridhar

Hi all,

There is no need to be panic if you have gap in your education provided that is not during the course. I mean you should not have gap while you are doing B.tech or intermediate. You must complete B.tech in 4 years and 12th in two years. As long as you meet this criteria don't worry. At the same time you should meet their eligibility criteria.

You have to maintain minimum 60% as your aggregate throughout all classes and in your B.tech. Better to have a good percentage of marks if you have a gap in your education. It gives them good impression that you are studying well and responsible towards your career.

If it one year gap, it doesn't matter at all. You can show the better reason of why are delayed. For example because of long term coaching or health reasons like accident,sickness or some other. But make sure you have the proof and ability to convince them. If it is a health reason you should produce the required medical certificates.

If it is 2-4 years gap, saying that you are medically unfit is not a better idea. it wilol close the doors for your entry into these software firms forever because they may feel that you are physically unfit and may not be able to work efficiently.

Better if you show them some work experience for that gap you mentioned. Carry the experience certificate or say them that you worked for your family business if you are unable to produce the experience certificate. But Keep in mind that whatever you are saying should be realistic.

All The Best

Vega Sridhar
6th November 2011, 02:52 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
There is no need to panic...
Yes you are eligible for this companies having 1 year study gap.

Here is the criteria details for you :

TCS criteria :

>>You must have minimum 60% marks in your academic career.
>>There should not be any active backlog
>>Maximum 2 years of study gap is allowed here.

WIPRO criteria :

>>You must have minimum 55% marks in your academic career.
>>Maximum 2 years of study gap is allowed here

INFOSYS criteria :

>>You must have minimum 65% marks in your academic career.
>>Maximum 1 years of study gap is allowed here.
13th February 2012, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my b.tech course in 5 years instead of 4 years (with one yearlag promoting from 2nd to 3rd year).can I get placed in tcs,cts or any other m.n.c.s ?
11th March 2012, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for placements in companies like TCS,WIPRO,INFOSYS having 2 year gap between 10th and 12th?
9th April 2012, 02:31 AM
arun660

Hi
You are eligible for all these companies you have mentioned.
All these companies allow students with min 2 backlogs in BE, and min 60 % aggregate in BE for TCS,70% fo IBM,65% for INFOSYS.

If you get above 75% in BE<PU AND SSLC then you are eligible for DIRECT INTERVIEW.

ALL THE BEST

regards
arun
6th June 2012, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

If i get above 60% in 12th after 1st attempt, am I ELLIGIBLE
7th July 2012, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

i have failed in only one subject in 6th sem.my 10th , 12th n graduation all are above 65%.now i am in 7th sem .am i ELLIGIBLE for infosys and other comnapy????
30th July 2012, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

i hav 73% in 10th, 58% in Diploma(EE), 59% in BE(EEE) and 72% from 3 semesters in MTECH to which all companies im eligible and can apply to????
30th July 2012, 08:00 PM
rch91

Quote:
Yes surely you are eligible for placement in all of these IT based companies as the eligibility for all of these companies is you should have minimum of 60% marks in 10th,12th and in your BTech degree and your marks are completely satisfying the conditions so you are eligible.
All the best for your future...!
30th July 2012, 08:38 PM
Srikar achill

Sir,you are eligible for placement insoftware companies like TCS, Wipro or Infosys. One year gap is allowed. And at least aggregate 60% marks is required for TCS or Wipro and 65% marks for Infosys in 10th board, 10+2 and in graduation. You satisfy all the criteria properly. So, you don'tneed to worry at all.
Good Luck
24th August 2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

sir i have done my high school in year 2004 and my 12th in 2007.i ttook my btech admission in 2009.right now i m in 4th year without any back ever during my academics and percentage is above 70%> may i know if am i applicable and fulfill the criteria for companies tcs,Infosys,hcl and wipro after so many drop out???????plz reply soon. thanking you in advance.regard
26th November 2012, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i have complete my B.E(cse) dgree in 2012.but between 12th & dgree 3 year gape. because between time i have job in sales.due to some family problem>> pls give me a suggestion ??? now i have continue in sales trade or software ?????????
9th December 2012, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir, actually i'm now a student of B.C.A.... Bt, after i have passed my 12th, i was doing english honours from calcutta university... Bt after 2yrs. of eng hons course, i left that course due to some reason and got admitted in b.c.a course under wbut... and now i'm in final yr of b.c.a with 80% and above marks in b.c.a course... nd with 74% marks in 10th and 60% marks in 12th... so,AM I ELIGIBLE FOR PLACEMENTS IN COMPANIES LIKE TCS,WIPRO,INFOSYS,TECH MAHINDRA HAVING 2 YEARS OF GAP BETWEEN MY 12TH AND THE B.C.A COURSE WHICH I'M DOING NOW?
15th March 2013, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for companies like ibm,tcs,huawei with 2 year gap?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?