2nd January 2015, 02:54 PM
Chandrakanthataduri

Am I eligible for railway jobs if I am 32 years PG holder

Am 32 yrs PG holder am I eligible for railway jobs.

12th August 2015, 10:20 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for railway jobs if I am 32 years PG holder

If you belong to general category, then you have crossed the maximum age limit to apply for the exam and hence, you are ineligible for railway jobs .

Railway entrance examinations are held for the selection of technical and non – technical cadres in railway. The examinations are conducted by UPSC as well as the Central Government for recruitment of candidates for various posts in Indian Railways .

The eligibility criteria to apply for various posts in Indian Railways are as under :-

For technical post,

The minimum qualification is Bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university with suitable typing speed in Hindi/English as per the requirement of the post.

The minimum age required to get railway job is 18 year and maximum is of 30 years.

Relaxation in age is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.

For non-technical post,

The candidate should have passed 10th or 12th as per the post requirement.

The candidate age should be in between 18 to 30 years of age.

Age Relaxation is given to the reserved category candidates according to the norms set by the government.

Railway selection procedure is divided into two sections first is written test and second one is interview.

Railway written examination consist four parts:

General Awareness

Arithmetic Ability

Technical Ability

Test of Reasoning
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?