20th July 2013, 06:00 PM
Siva Ganesh raj

Will I be eligible for any railway job after doing B.Tech in Mechanical branch

Sir now im stuyding b.tech in mechanical branch this course will be eligible for any good Railway jobs? I wonna become a railway engineer..! In what type of job i can choose after complete Eng.

23rd August 2015, 07:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for any railway job after doing B.Tech in Mechanical branch

Yes you are definitely eligible for the jobs in Indian Railways at the post of Senior engineer as well as junior engineer being a Bachelor of technology degree holder. But for the same you need to clear RRB examination.

RRB stands for Railway recruitment board and the same examination is held by the Ministry of Railways. There are 19 RRB's located in the different parts of the country.

The qualifications required for appearing in the RRB examination are as here under :-

--> For Junior engineer :-

* You must have three years diploma of engineering degree from a recognized institute.

* You must have the nationality of India with age lying within 18 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is provided as per the government norms.

--> For Senior engineer :-

* You must have the bachelor of technology degree from a recognized university.

* You must have the nationality of India with age lying in between 20 years to 34 years. Age relaxation is applicable as per the government norms.

The examination is conducted in three stages which are as Preliminary test, Mains & Medical and personality assessment test all held as mentioned.

For more details regrading the syllabus, keydates for next RRB examination, procedure of selection etc. you can visit the official website of Indian Railways i.e; www.indianrailways.gov.in.
24th August 2015, 01:26 AM
JSD.

Default Re: Will I be eligible for any railway job after doing B.Tech in Mechanical branch

Yes definitely you can go for it!

RRB Railway recruitment Board conducts the junior engineer and senior engineer exam for the B.E./B.tech aspirants.

For the junior engineer ,it is must to have a three years diploma in engineering with good percentile. Also the appearing aspirant age must lie in between 18 to 32 years.There is relaxation by 3 years for obc and it is by 5 years for SC/ST/PD category aspirants.

Similarly for the post of Senior engineer it is must to have a bachelor degree in engineering with good percentile from a recognised university.Also the appearing aspirant age must lie in between 20 to 34 years.There is relaxation by 3 years for obc and it is by 5 years for SC/ST/PD category aspirants.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?