20th September 2011, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for SBI PO Exam being a Dentist?

i m a dentist and interested in giving po exam of sbi, . . Wil u please suggest should i think about this coz i m sure dt i have to face lots of difficulty 2 read the subjects enlisted.

20th September 2011, 09:08 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for SBI PO Exam being a Dentist?

As minimum eligiblity criteria is One must completed his graduation with atleast of 55% aggreagate and 12th class with a percentage of 60% for probationary..

so even a dentist can also appear for exam as it is equivalent to graduation.

Age Limits:-

The minimum age Candidates must be 21 years and maximum is 30 years.Even upper Limits has been Relaxed to 5 years For SC/ST , 3 years for OBC, 5 years for Ex-serviceman and 10 years For Physically Challenged.
20th September 2011, 09:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for SBI PO Exam being a Dentist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m a dentist and interested in giving po exam of sbi, . . Wil u please suggest should i think about this coz i m sure dt i have to face lots of difficulty 2 read the subjects enlisted.
Dear friend,

Yes, You are eligible for SBI PO exam.Because your degree is equivalent to graduation degree.

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree with above 55% marks from any recogniged university are eligible for SBI BANK PO exam.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

Every bank set their own criteria .So it is not perfect criteria all SBI BANK PO exam.

thanks
20th September 2011, 09:32 AM

ofcourse u are eligible. i.e., the people who has degree in any discipline can eligible in that way you are eligible for this post.
20th September 2011, 10:57 AM
surajitmaity

Eligibility Details For State Bank Of India Probationary Officers

State Bank of India conducts its probationary officer exam every year for eligible candidates.

1. Nationality: Candidate should be citizen of India.

2. Education Requirements::

Graduation in any discipline with a percentage of 55% from a recognised college / university

Age limit : Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.05.2011 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.05.1981 and not later than 01.05.1990 .

3. Relaxation of Age:

Relaxation in the Upper Age Limit to Reserved category candidates

Upper age is relaxable by

(i) 3 years in the case of OBC candidates.

(ii) 5 years in the case of :

(a) SC / ST candidates.

(b) Ex-servicemen (including Emergency Commissioned Officers / Short Service Commissioned Officers)

(c) Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir between 1st January, 1980 and 31st December, 1989.

(iii) 10 years for VH/OH (Gen), 13 years for VH / OH (OBC) and 15 years for VH / OH (SC / ST) candidates.

4. [B]Structure and Pattern of SBI PO Exam[/B

There are two parts to the written exam

Objective test:

Reasoning -75 questions
English Language -50 questions
General Awareness -50 questions
Quantitative Aptitude -50 questions

Descriptive Paper :

Argumentative Questions - 4 questions - 45 min.

Candidates who pass the written examination will be called for group discussion and interview for final selection.

5. Detail Information:

Ph No: 022 – 2282 0427 or you can visit the following websites

Official Website URL:http://www.sbi.co.in

http://www.statebankofindia.com

http://www.timesjobs.com

As you have a degree of a dentist it is equivalent to a graduation so you are eligible for sbi po exam . Hope I have given the required details for your question. Give it a chance you can crack the PO exam not only in SBI but any other banks in India.

Regards:::
Surajit
20th September 2011, 11:52 AM
nitin kumar meena

Eligibility Criteria of SBI Bank Probationary Officers (PO)
State Bank of India SBI Recruits Probationary Officer’s (PO) Every Year. Educational Eligibility & Age Limit for the SBI PO Exam are as follows:
SBI Bank PO Educational Eligibility:
Gen & OBC Candidates Must have 60% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or in Diploma after Xth standard and 55% aggregate marks in Graduation.
SC / ST / PWD Candidates Must have 55% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or in Diploma after Xth standard and 50% aggregate marks in Graduation.
For CA or CWA or CFA or CS (Company Secretary) Candidates, where graduation is not compulsory, Gen & OBC category candidates should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or Diploma (55% in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates) and pass marks in above examination(s).
SBI Bank PO Age Limit:
Min Age Limit : 21Years
Max Age Limit : 30Years
but all is in your hands because you have to put the effort.....!!
20th September 2011, 11:58 AM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104

Dear,
The minimum criteria for applying SBI P.O. , is that you should have qualified your 12th with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.It doesn't matter whether you are a dentist or anything else. It is necessary that you have fulfilled the age limitation criteria.

good luck.
20th September 2011, 12:02 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104

Dear,
The minimum criteria for applying SBI P.O. , is that you should have qualified your 12th with minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.It doesn't matter whether you are a dentist or anything else. It is necessary that you have fulfilled the age limitation criteria.

good luck.
20th September 2011, 12:08 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

Being a Dentist you can appear for PO examination.

After 12th examination you can face bank exams but always remember that you can not sit for PO examination.The minimum requirement for PO exam is graduation.Recently total 17 banks preparing for an examination,that is IBPS.you can apply for it.

Eligibility Criteria : your age should be between 18 to 28 years in the time of filling up the form and you must have 60% in your 12th examination.

Pattern :
Section 1 : There will be 5 types of questions.

1. Reasoning
2. General English
3. Quantitative Aptitude
4. General Awareness
5. Basic Computer Knowledge

Section 2 : This section will contain Descriptive type question.

For more details please visit the website below.
http://www.ibps.in
20th September 2011, 01:08 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for SBI PO Exam being a Dentist?

Quote:
Hey friend,

SBI is State Bank Of India,one of India's largest bank.This bank is conducting the Bank PO exam as like other banks in sake of recruiting candidates for the post of probationary officer.The exam is conducted by Central Recruitment Board, State Bank Group

For writing this exam you need to satisfy the eligibility criteria and they may include:

Eligibility for SBI PO:

> Candidate must have a citizenship in India.

> Candidate should have a age limit of 21-30 years for General category.

> There is upper age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates

> The candidates should have done their graduation and got a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

> Even final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

The exam consist of 2 stages namely:

• Written Test
  • Group Discussion & Interview

Pattern for the exam:

• Test of Reasoning
  • Test of English Language
  • Test of Numerical Ability
  • Test of General Knowledge and General Awareness

As you have said that you are a dentist you might have done your degree,so you will be eligible for the PO exam.

ALL THE BEST
20th September 2011, 02:16 PM
sandeepsonipoly

yes,you are eligible for bank po and clerk
exam.because you jave already cross over dantistlike graduation.
eligibility for bank po: A graduate in any discipline with any resognized university.with 55%. and for clerk 12th is 60%.
AGE.:21 TO 30 and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PD/EX~SERVICEMAN.
EXAM PATTERN same for every candidate.200 ques are related from reasoning,g.k.,numerical ability,verbal and computer.
so prepare on them.
20th September 2011, 02:21 PM
vivekdas.raja

Quote:
hello,
dear friend,

As minimum eligiblity criteria is One must completed his graduation with atleast of 55% aggreagate and 12th class with a percentage of 60% for probationary.....

and the age limit sould be with in 21-30 years.......

so you are eligible for the po exam of any bank....
20th September 2011, 02:32 PM
mishra245

As to become a PO in any bank the minimum qualification is Graduation in any stream.
The minimum percentage of the graduation is 55% and relaxation for the quota.
The minimum age is 21 years of that year.
20th September 2011, 05:06 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for SBI PO Exam being a Dentist?

Quote:
YES ,you are eligible for SBI PO EXAM.
basically you have already cleared same level of graduation,
SBI PO Eligibility: State Bank of India conducts its probationary officer exam every year for eligible candidates. The guidelines regarding SBI PO Eligibility for candidates preparing for SBI PO exam is mentioned below.

SBI PO Eligibility details:

Nationality: Candidate should be citizen of India.

Age: SBI PO Eligibility regarding age should be between 21 and 30 years. The relaxation in the upper age limit is cumulative as per government of India guidelines.

Educational Qualification: Graduation in any discipline from a recognised College / University
SBI PO Selection Process: State Bank of India conducts its probationary officer exam every year for eligible candidates. The guidelines regarding SBI PO Selection Process for candidates preparing for SBI PO exam is mentioned below.

SBI PO Selection Process details:

SBI PO Selection Process is of two ways as 1.Written test and 2.Group Discussion and Interview.

1. Written test: This test is of 2 papers as
a. Objective paper: This paper consists of 4 sections such as
1. Test of English Language.
2. Test of General Awareness.
3. Test of data analysis and interpretation.
4. Test of Reasoning.

b. Descriptive Paper: This paper is of comprehension, short précis, letter writing and essay.

2. Group discussion and Interview: Candidate who have qualified in the written examination will be called for group discussion and interview depending up on the vacancies in each category, subject to maximum of 3 times of the vacancies.

Final Selection: The candidate will have to pass both in 1.written test and 2.Group Discussion and Interview separately, will be aggregated and arranged in descending order (category wise) for candidates who have qualified in both the phases separately and depending on the vacancies, selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
20th September 2011, 06:37 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

Yes, You are eligible for SBI PO exam.Because your degree is equivalent to graduation degree.

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree with above 55% marks from any recogniged university are eligible for SBI BANK PO exam.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

The written test consitsts of questions from several categories like
-Reasoning
-Quantitative aptitude
-General Awareness
-Computer Awareness
-General English

as far as the awareness is concerned, one should have to prepare the followoing aspects of previous 6 months prior to the exam
-national affairs
-bilateral affairs
-international affairs
-persons in news
-persons in place
-books and authors
-sports
16th September 2015, 03:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes you are eligible if you cover the eligibility criteria . You should have degree with minimum 50 % marks. Your age should be between 21to 30 years. And relaxation of five years is given to reserved category students. Even a dentist can apply for this test .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?