4th September 2012, 12:24 PM
madikirisanthu

Am I eligible to write IES Exam after completion of B.Tech in IT stream?

good morning sir...........
i am completed my b.tech in I.T. branch, i am eligible to write the IES exam???

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write IES in mechanical stream after completion of mechatronics engineering
  2. Am I eligible to write IES?
  3. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam after completing B.Tech mechanical with 66.06%?
  4. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  5. Any chance to write IES exam after scoring 60% in EC engineering?
  6. Eligibility to appear and percentage required in B.Tech to apply for IES exam? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible to write IES exam?
  8. M.E./M.Tech students can write IES exam? Cut off marks and rank required for selection?
  9. Am I eligible to write IES exam after passing CS engineering
  10. Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam?
  11. Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?
  12. Am I eligible for IES exam after completing B.Tech with 56%
  13. Am I eligible to write GATE and IES after completion of my B.Tech course with power engineering stream from NPTI, Durgapur? List of the public sector companies which recruiting power engineering students?
  14. Am I eligible to write IES exam? I am pursuing B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  15. Am I eligible to write NET exam? I have completed my BA and M.A from KSOU directly after completion of 18 years of age
  16. Can I write IES exam after completing bachelors degree in petrochemical engineering
  17. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in IT?
  18. How can I apply for Engineering Services while in 3rd year? If I have a weak eyesight am I eligible for it?
5th September 2012, 10:44 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IES Exam after completion of B.Tech in IT stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madikirisanthu View Post
Hey friend,

IES exam is one of the exam which is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and this exam is conducted every year and is held for candidates to join in Indian Engineering Organizations.

There are certain criteria's which you need to possess in order to be eligible to apply for the exam.

When considering those criteria you are ineligible for applying for the exam

Reason:

The reason is that you are dissatisfying the neeeded education qualification needed for applying for the exam as only candidate who has completed his/her degree in B.E/B.Tech in the following departments is eligible for applying and they are:

>> Civil Engineering,
>> Mechanical Engineering,
>> Electrical Engineering and
>> Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering

is only eligible.

As you have completed your degree in B.tech IT branch which makes you ineligible for applying as per the education qualification needed.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th September 2012, 10:51 PM
divyaboseu

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IES Exam after completion of B.Tech in IT stream?

No....u can't...only those who have completed btech in electrical engg,electronics&communication etc can apply to this exam...final year btech students in above branches can also apply..
5th September 2012, 10:54 PM
jayks

Hello friend
yes you are eligible for IES

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in every year.
IES Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualifications : Degree in :
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communications Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Computer Engineering
Information and Technology
Instrumentation Engineering
or equivalent degree from recognized university or college.
• M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.
• Students of final year Engineering or equivalent degree are also eligible.
Age Limits :
Not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination ( upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs and certain others )
As you are pursuing engineering with ECE you are eligible but you must satisfy age criteria.

Syllabus foe IES
IES syllabus cover 100% of your engineering syllabus except Maths, So throughly prepare for it and try to make your concept clear in all subject.
Try to solve last 10 years papers of IES,they will also help you .
This year date of submission of application form is over so try next year.

For other details you can visit official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in

All the Best...
5th September 2012, 10:58 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Educational Qualifications:

candidate must have a degree in Engineering from a University.

Nationality:
A candidate must be a citizen of India

Age Limits:
A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years

Physical standards

Candidates must be physically fit
5th September 2012, 11:00 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Educational Qualifications:

candidate must have a degree in Engineering from a University.

Nationality:
A candidate must be a citizen of India

Age Limits:
A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years

Physical standards

Candidates must be physically fit
5th September 2012, 11:16 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
good morning sir...........i am completed my b.tech in I.T. branch, i am eligible to write the IES exam???
Sorry, You are not eligible. I inform you that Computer Science and Information Technology branch is not eligible to apply for the IES entrance examination.

Indian Engineering Services (IES) examination is conducted by the UPSC once in every year. To appear in the IES examination you need following criteria.

Eligibility criteria for IES Examination.
--> Engineering degree in any discipline from a recognize University. Final semester candidates can also apply.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. Upper age relaxation is also applicable for reservation category candidates.

Eligible branch :~ Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering

NOTE :~ Computer Science and Information Technology branch candidates are not eligible to apply for the IES examination.

So, if you completed the B.Tech degree in the Information Technology branch then you are not eligible to apply for IES examination. I advise you to go for another exam.

For any more information regarding upcoming IES examination please visit the official website of UPSC :~ http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th September 2012, 12:21 AM
rch91

Quote:
As you have completed your Btech in IT branch.So you are not eligible for IES exam as according to eligibility criteria only the students of CIVIL ENGINEERING, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, ELECTRONICS & TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING AND ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING are eligible for IES exam.
6th November 2012, 08:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Engineering course from any discipline then also you are applicable for IES exam OR If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

You have completed B.Tech degree from IT department so you are applicable for IES Exam .Not require any kind of percentage marks .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

For more information , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
6th November 2012, 05:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately my friend you are not eligible for Indian Engineering Service. Candidates who have completed B.Tech in Information Technology are not eligible to appear for IES Exam. I would suggest that you instead try for the Public Sector Undertaking Exam. However you will need minimum of 60 percent marks in B.Tech to apply for PSU.

As far as Indian Engineering Service is concerned. Only candidates who have completed B.Tech in the following streams are eligible to appear for IES Exam. These streams are:

Civil Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Mechanical engineering.

Electronics and Communication Engineering

Indian Engineering Service is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to recruit Engineering graduates for various goverment departments. Some example of the departments are:

Indian Railway Service of Engineers.

Central Engineering Service.

Indian Defence Service of Engineers

Indian Ordance Factories Services etc

Eligibility

1. Only Indian citizens can apply.

2. The age limit is 21 to 30 years for IES.

3. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

4. For SC/ST there is 5 years relaxation.

5. A B.Tech degree in Electrical, Electronics & Communications, Civil and Mechanical Engineering is required.

6. There is no percentage criteria.

7. Final year Engineering students can also apply.
7th November 2012, 01:04 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Engineers in IT stream are not eligible for IES ( Indian Engineering Services exam).

For IES exam you should have done your Engineering in fields like Civil , Mechanical, Electricals and Electronics .

The age limit for this exam is similar to the IAS exam that is 21 to 30 years of age.

There is age relaxation available for SC/ST, OBC , Physically handicapped and Ex servicemen.

The number of attempts are limited for general(4) and OBC (7)and unlimited for SC/ST.

You have to pass the objective type paper which will have questions from your respective field.

You also have to pass a technical test according to your field.

But don't get disheartened by this information. You have many options in private sectors if you want to join then are many MNCs which hire IT professionals for their company and they offer a very handsome salary.
7th November 2012, 01:06 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Hello Friend,

IES Stands for Indian Engineering services Examination.

* This Examination is conducted Every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

The Eligibility Criteria for IES Exam are :

a) You must have completed your B.E./B.Tech in any one of the below mentioned disciplines from any recognized college/university :

- Civil Engineering

- Mechanical Engineering

- Electronics & Electrical Engineering

- Electronics & Communication Engineering

b) Your age should lie in between 21-30 years.

c) Relaxation in age is given to Reserved Category Candidates.

d) Number Of attempts -

* For General Candidates : 4

* For OBC Candidates : 7

* For SC/ST Candidates : 9

Now you can see that you are completely ineligible for this examination as your stream is Information & Technology which doesn`t come under the above mentioned.

Hope the above mentioned will provide you the information you were searching for.
8th November 2012, 07:10 PM
sah.alok

no you are not elligible for applyting in the IES exam
The eligibility criteria for applying in the IES exam is
1)the candidates must engineering degree in below mentioned departments
civil,electrical and electronics,mechanical,electronics and communication engineering
19th December 2012, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

i am belongs to mechatronics department...am i eligible to write IES exam?
12th February 2013, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

I AM PARTIALLY BLIND(30% DISABILITY). AM I ELIGIBLE FOR IES.
9th May 2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

am the final year B.Tech IT student am eligible to appear which kind of exams for getting jobs...plz list the exams
29th May 2013, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir i had cmpltd my b.tech in 4 year 6 months due to blokadge.......is am eligible to write ies paper
30th May 2013, 09:21 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to write IES exam after completion of B.Tech. in IT stream.

IES - Indian Engineering Service, conducted every year by UPSC for appointment of young engineers in the top technical post under Central Govt. various Dept.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The cnadidate has to write IES in any one subject as follows:-

Mechanical
Civil
Electrical
Electronics & Telecommunication

Hence being a candidate from B.Tech. I.T. stream, you can write IES in any one stream mentioned above.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
30th May 2013, 01:56 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

IES is the Indian Engineering services examinations also called engineering services examinations.

The basic eligibility criteria for the IES examinations are as follows:

Any candidate who has done his bachelor's degree in engineering /technology from a recognized university or is in the final year of the engineering is eligible for the IES examinations.

So donot worry you are eligible for the IES examinations but there is a condition that candidate from branches other than core branches that are:

1.Civil engineering

2.Electrical engineering

3.Electronics and communication engineering

4.Mechanical engineering

From my point of view you should select the subjects from the electronics and communication engineering as you are from electronics and computer science engineering so in both electronics is common .So you will have to do little effort.

The age limitations:

General: 21-30 years

OBC:21-33 years

SC/ST:21-35 years

30th May 2013, 04:20 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to write IES Exam after completion of B.Tech in IT stream?

Quote:

Dear Friend,

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service

This Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.....

If you have completed engineering degree with below given department are Eligible for Indian Engineering Service exam....

♫♫ Civil Engineering

♫♫ Electrical Engineering

♫♫ Mechanical Engineering

♫♫ Electronics & Communications Engineering

Final years students also eligible for this exam, There is no percentage criteria.....

General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category....

For OBC category : up to 33 years..

For SC/ST category : up to 35 years..

For PH : up to 40 years..

There are only 4 attempts available for General category (For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit).....

Citizenship of India...

All the best..........
30th May 2013, 05:09 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

No you are not eligible for IES being B.Tech IT candidate

IES is conducted for b.Tech in
1. Mechanical engineering
2. Electrical engineering
3. Electronics engineering
4. Civil engineering

Apart from B.Tech having M.Sc or its equivalent with
i. Wireless Communications
ii. Electronics
iii. Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects
are also eligible

all the best
11th August 2013, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

can we give I.E.S.,GATE exam after doing b-tech from mechatronics .
11th September 2013, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to write ies exam in mechanical sream after completion of mechatronics engineering?
11th September 2013, 09:15 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

Sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for the IES exam.According to the UPSC notifications released every year,the candidates who completed the engineering from the following branches can apply for the IES exam are :

-->Electrical Engineering

-->Civil Engineering

-->Mechanical Engineering

-->Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

**Age Limit to appear for the IES exam :-
General-21-30 years
OBC-21-33 years
SC/ST-21-35 years

**Educational Qualification :-
You must have to complete the graduation from any recognised university.

**Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

**No of Attempts :-
General-4
OBC-7
SC/ST-Unlimited

So,as you have completed B.Tech in IT stream,you are not eligible to apply for the IES exam.

Thank You
21st June 2014, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to write ies exam in mechanical sream after completion of mechatronics engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?