19th July 2011, 08:14 PM
shouvikthechamp

Am I eligible to write GATE and IES after completion of my B.Tech course with power engineering stream from NPTI, Durgapur? List of the public sector companies which recruiting power engineering students?

sir,i am planning to take up B.Tech(Power Engg) at NPTI,Durgapur this year......which PSUs recruit B.Tech(Power Engg)???can i give GATE??
can i give IES??

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for M.tech in power engineering after completing B.Tech from NPTI Durgapur
  2. List of branches of engineering applicable for IES? I've completed B.E from NPTI in power engineering
  3. Can I do mechanical or electronics after passing power engineering from NPTI?
  4. Am I eligible to sit for GATE exam after doing B.Tech in Power Engineering?
  5. Pay band in the companies recruiting students from NPTI and what type of job they will be employed?
  6. After completing diploma in engineering how to join NPTI?
  7. What qualification is required to do Ph.D. in Hydro Power stream?
  8. Should I join Jadavpur and NPTI for Power Engineering course? Do Power Engineers work in Thermal Power Station or can they work anywhere?
  9. How to get into Power Sector after B.E. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering? Can I do M.Tech in IITs with specialization in Power Plant Engineering?
  10. Education Loan to do PGDC course from NPTI?
  11. How to get job in MNC after completing B.Tech in Mechanical with 75 marks and having 3 years experience in QA department?
  12. What are the Government jobs I can apply for after completing B.E in EEE?
  13. What does it mean by Electricity? What are the courses available based on it?
  14. List of Colleges offering M.Tech in Power Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. M.E./M.Tech students can write IES exam? Cut off marks and rank required for selection?
  16. Job opportunities in Government sector for Mechanical and Automation Engineering student? Eligibility requirements to appear in GATE? -- [New]
  17. Should I join NPTI or Jadavpur? Does power engineering graduate work in thermal power station or can he work anywhere?
  18. How an Electronics & Communication engineer can get a job in good company?
23rd June 2015, 12:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write GATE and IES after completion of my B.Tech course with power engineering stream from NPTI, Durgapur? List of the public sector companies which recruiting power engineering students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouvikthechamp View Post
sir,i am planning to take up B.Tech(Power Engg) at NPTI,Durgapur this year......which PSUs recruit B.Tech(Power Engg)???can i give GATE??
can i give IES??
Yes, you are eligible for GATE and IES exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination.

If you have completed bachelor engineering degree course then you are eligible to apply for IES Examination but your written exam subjects are -CIVIL, MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING. You can choose any one subject from above mentioned subject. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible for IES Exam. Final year student are also eligible for IES exam.

The applicant age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

SC/ST = 5 years
OBC =3 years
PWD =10 years
Ex-Servicemen = 5 years

PSU companies:-

ONGC(Oil and Natural Gas Corporation)

GAIL(Gas Authority India Ltd )

HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited)

SAIL(Steel Authority of India)

BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited)

Electronic cooperation of india limited(ECIL)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?