9th November 2019, 04:09 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write NEET with 5 years gap between Intermediate and Matriculation?

I had completed my 10th Board exams in the year 2016 after which I quit studies for few year, Now, I doing my Intermediate and will be completing 12th Board exams in the year 2021. So, since there is 5 a years gap will I be eligible for NEET?

11th November 2019, 09:08 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write NEET with 5 years gap between Intermediate and Matriculation?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. The minimum age limit to apply for NEET exam is 17 years and there is no upper age limit. The academic qualification required is 12th passed from a recognized board with PCB subjects.

Minimum of 50% marks in board exam of 12th is required. You can apply for NEET exam after five years gap between 10th and 12th. You need to secure minimum of 50% marks in board exam of 12th.
11th November 2019, 06:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write NEET with 5 years gap between Intermediate and Matriculation?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in the NEET. NEET is National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.

The examination is conducted for admission in medical courses such as MBBS, BDS etc.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCB from a recognised board with minimum 50% aggregate.

Candidates appearing for the 12th board examination are also eligible to appear in the examination.
12th November 2019, 12:07 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and the minimum education required to apply for the same examination is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate (or 40% marks in aggregate in case of reserved category candidates) in PCB group subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, once you hold the above mentioned educational requirement for appearing in NEET as mentioned above, you can appear in the NEET regardless of gap within the academics.

For complete details and updates regarding NEET eligibility, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
12th November 2019, 11:52 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NEET examination is conducted by NTA. The eligibility criteria to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th or appearing in the board examination from a recognised board.

There is no upper age limit to appear in the examination.

Candidate must have passed 12th in PCB with minimum 50% aggregate.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination even after the gap year.
5th July 2022, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my matriculation in 2014 and completed my Intermediate with PCM stream in 2016 and completed my B.Sc from Maths in 2019.
Now in December 2022 I will have Intermediate from PCB stream from NIOS board.
So I wanna know m I eligible for NEET with this year gap ?
Also am I eligible for NEETfrom NIOS board ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?