28th November 2019, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Availability of government jobs for Mechanical Engineers with 57.5 percent marks?

I am a recent graduate of Mechanical engineering with 57.7 percentage. Can I get a government jobs? And, I am learning Autocad, CREO and CATIA courses and I also have plans to join MEP and HVAC training. Can anyone give me guidance of how to plan my career?

30th November 2019, 08:53 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Availability of government jobs for Mechanical Engineers with 57.5 percent marks?

1. The recruitment to major PSUs is done on basis of rank in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Other than GATE scorecard, they ask for minimum of 60% marks in bachelor's degree in technology or engineering.

2. The best opportunity for you to get government job is through Indian Engineering Services examination conducted by UPSC. If you technically sound then you must prepare for this exam. It is the best exam for graduate engineers to get Grade A government jobs.

3. You can also apply for SSC JE, RRB JE examinations.
30th November 2019, 02:35 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Availability of government jobs for Mechanical Engineers with 57.5 percent marks?

You will not be able to get good jobs in Public Sector Undertaking with 57.5% marks in Mechanical engineering. Mechanical engineering candidates need to apply for following exams to get good government jobs:

>>Indian Engineering Services exam.

>>Civil Services exam.

>>SSC CGL examination.

>>IBPS Bank PO exam.

You can apply for SSC JE and RRB JE examination.
30th November 2019, 07:05 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

government jobs for mechanical engineers 57.5 percent marks
NTPC
BHEL
ONGC
IES
SAIL
SCRA JOBS
BEML
INDIAN RAILWAYS
INDIAN ARMY
CIVIL SERVICES.
30th November 2019, 07:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

List of government jobs you can apply for-sale

GATE- Graduate aptitude test in engineering
IAS- Indian Administrative Services
IES- Indian Engineering Services
SSC- Staff Selection Commission
CDS- Combined Defence Services
AFCAT- Air Force common admission Test
BARC- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
SAIL- Steel Authority of India Limited
CRPF- Central Reserve Police officer
BSF- Border Security Force

Research and development

ISRO- Indian Space Research Organisation
GMAT- Graduate management admission test
UES- University entry scheme
AM AT
DMRC
RRB
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?