16th March 2020, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Is B.Ed compulsory for the post of Professor in UGC recognized colleges?

Hi, I have completed regular M.Com from a UGC recognized college and wants to become a Professor and teach college students in UGC recognized colleges. Am I eligible for it? Do I need to do B.Ed also? Or, can we apply for directly in any colleges for Professor post?

31st March 2020, 07:07 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed compulsory for the post of Professor in UGC recognized colleges?

To become a professor in government college candidates have to appear and qualify in NET examination.

So, you do not need to pursue B.Ed course to become eligible to appear in the examination for NET.

The eligiblility to appear for NET is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university with minimum 55% aggregate.

There is no upper age limit for assistant professor recruitment.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?