1st January 2011, 10:02 PM
rajanverma32

B.Tech+M.Tech dual degree of 5 years equivalent to 4 years B.Tech+2 years M.Tech?

Is degree of B-tech + M-tech dual degree of 5 years is equivalent to doing 4 year B-tech + 2 year M-tech

2nd January 2011, 10:23 AM
sonu1234

Default Re: B.Tech+M.Tech dual degree of 5 years equivalent to 4 years B.Tech+2 years M.Tech?

yup , its is equivalent. some university are offering these type of courses.
2nd January 2011, 11:18 AM
amby007

Default Re: B.Tech+M.Tech dual degree of 5 years equivalent to 4 years B.Tech+2 years M.Tech?

well in my opinion never ever go for M.TECH in the first place,its scope is exponentially decreasing in our country,however the 2 courses are different as in 4+1 type M.tech starts in the 4th year and i would rate this as better option then going for 4+2 as i think doing M.tech is wasting time.Rest is upto you.
2nd January 2011, 11:21 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

yes ..dual degree is equivalent to btech + mtech.... Almost all IITs and NITs provide dual degree in so many courses.
2nd January 2011, 11:45 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,
Obviously B.tech+2year M.tech is better and also have an another option BCA-MCA-M.tech which is 3+3+2 years...
2nd January 2011, 11:50 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Yes they are equivalent,if this is from IITs then it is more valuable than separate M.Tech.
2nd January 2011, 12:08 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
both have the same value and same qualification.
\there is no difference between the two ,you can do phd by doing either of the degree,in fact dual degree is better because you save precious one year
all the best
2nd January 2011, 02:40 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

Yes ofcourse both are of same equivalence and valid too. Probably these courses are offered at top universities and as well you will get the same opportunities as offered to the former case.
2nd January 2011, 06:07 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Degree is equivalent in indian services but if you want to join the foreign service then the degree is not equivalent,in foreign 4 year b.tech is valid but not included b.tech m.tech is valid.
2nd January 2011, 08:20 PM
Versharastogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanverma32 View Post
Is degree of B-tech + M-tech dual degree of 5 years is equivalent to doing 4 year B-tech + 2 year M-tech
yes....some universities provides dual degree courses..
2nd January 2011, 10:57 PM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know if you did the B.Tech + M.Tech dual degree of 5 years as provided by many universities is equivalent to the 4 years B.Tech degree + 2 years of M.Tech degree.and as i know both have same value.
good luck.....
3rd January 2011, 01:11 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanverma32 View Post
no dear it is not equivalent
btech + mtech dual degree removes some courses
but btech and mtech separate contain full courses in detail.
i prefer u to do btech then mtech separate.
25th January 2011, 08:07 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend;
yes B.tech + M.tech (5 years) is equivalent to the B.tech (4 year) + M.tech (2 year). If you want to take admission in Dual degree program then B.tech + M.tech (5 year) is good for you and you can save your 1 year time. So this program is best for you. Many college/university offer this program.
all the best.
15th February 2011, 11:20 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
well in my opinion never ever go for M.TECH in the first place,its scope is exponentially decreasing in our country,however the 2 courses are different as in 4+1 type M.tech starts in the 4th year and i would rate this as better option then going for 4+2 as i think doing M.tech is wasting time.Rest is upto you.
Thanks.
3rd May 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: B.Tech M.Tech dual degree of 5 years equivalent to 4 years B.Tech 2 years M.Tech?

which universities is offering for 5years m.tech course?
29th May 2011, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: B.Tech M.Tech dual degree of 5 years equivalent to 4 years B.Tech 2 years M.Tech?

Is it good to do b.tech/m.tech dual degree course instead of doing only b.tech?
3rd June 2011, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

in iit 4 year mechanical is better or 5 year dual degree computers or ece is better
18th June 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Is any entrance exam for B.tech M.tech dual degree?
5th July 2011, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

M.Tech five year integrated course is valid or not
15th July 2011, 08:23 AM
Unregistered

Is it good to do b.tech/m.tech dual degree course instead of doing only b.tech?
8th September 2011, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

do 3 years mtech(evening classes) have the same value as 2years full time mtech? how much is the chance of getting a job after doing 3 years mtech?
11th May 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

can i do dual degree(b.tech m.tech) after 12 ???
10th July 2012, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

do we get two separate degrees or one combined in this course & can we get a job on provisional degree bases after 4th year.plzzzzzzzzzz reply.
10th July 2012, 08:04 PM
Useruuuuuu

Yes both are equivalent.all iit, nit,and private institute provide this dual degree..
5th October 2012, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

can possible teach the M.Tech after complition the MCA? and Hoe many years to complite the M.Tech after the complition of MCA?
28th July 2013, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

will i get seperate certificates for b.tech & m.tech if i go for a dual degree programme or will i get just 1 certificate for completing dual degree progamme.......whether the dual degree certificate is valid if i apply for certain jobs??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?