3rd June 2010, 12:09 AM
parvez alam

Best career & higher studies after B.com?

Hello
please guide to me whats the best career & educational program after B.com,i lived in saharanpur (up).give all information please ASAP

THANKS & REGARDS

PARVEZ ALAM

3rd June 2010, 02:26 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best career & higher studies after B.com?

Best option is to go for MBA, and if you are interested in accountancy, CA or ICWA could be options for you. With MBA you can have multiple career streams to target for. So choose as per your interest area.
3rd June 2010, 03:39 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Parvez,
You being a commerce student, have many options open for a successful career. An MBA in Finance/Insurance/Marketing etc. holds good value in the corporate world. With growing number of multinational companies in India, an MBA with work experience in the related field are has huge value in Private sector.
Apart from MBA, you may pursue any professional course such as CA or ICWA. Such professional course will allow you to work on your own and you will never need to depend on any Job.

Besides any of the courses, a degree/diploma course in computer application will be good in the long run.
3rd June 2010, 12:22 PM
jicks

Hi,

There are a variety of education/career options after B.Com

M.Com/MBA:

You can go for Two Year PG in M.Com and Two Year PG in MBA.
Dual PG degrees can fetch you high paid salaries in the field of Management both in Public and Private sectors

C.A:
Chartered Accountant is the most sought profession in India. It is the most dynamic, challenging profession, which blends education and practical training.
It takes 3 years to complete the course and training to become a full fledged professional. C.A. is the one who has specialized in accounting, auditing, Taxation.
Career: Pvt.practice, Work as a consultant for companies, Top level Taxation consultant in multi-national companies( after gaining experience and reputation)

Company Secretary:
ICSI ( Institute of Company Secretaries of India) offers Programme which consists of 3 levels, namely Foundation Prog. Executive Prog.,Professional Programme. You can join Foundation Prog. directly after +2, or join Exec/Prof. after B.Com.
Career: Management category in all public and private sector companies.
3rd June 2010, 12:27 PM
sarath menon

Quote:
Originally Posted by parvez alam View Post
Hello
please guide to me whats the best career & educational program after B.com,i lived in saharanpur (up).give all information please ASAP

THANKS & REGARDS

PARVEZ ALAM
hey u wil get good job if u go for MBA or bcom with CA these to are very gud in the present generation..... go for any one of this and a job is sure for u.......al d best....
3rd June 2010, 12:29 PM
OSR

Quote:
Hello

THANKS & REGARDS

PARVEZ ALAM
Done CA.
There are lot of needs for CA . After completion of your CA you can try anywhere in a reputed firm.
3rd June 2010, 12:32 PM
help100%

Look dear first thing you have to keep in you mind in the very beginning that what is your likes or dislike or your strength and weakness,where you want to opt for , what you want to be in the future, and what type of livelihood you are deserving in the future?So ,if this question's answer is clear in the very beginning then i think there won't be any problem which path you want to choose.So, right in the below i'm going to describe few courses with details analysis, they are as follows:

1.M.Com:If you are wanting to opt for this course then look you will be having two options in your hand one to get into teaching profession (irrespective of teacher or professor) and the second option is to get job in some clerical post related to accounts.So, by opting this course it will narrow down your opportunities and options as well.And one more thing for applying in this course you must honours with good marks in it.

2.C.A.:If you are wanting to opt for this course then look its full name is Chartered Accountant.This course is also a flourishing one but hardly some one get into it, but if you are really good at studies then its nothing. So, here is also an prospective where you can opt for. At least try and see whether you can to it or not , because once if you become a C.A. you will be in the top of the earth.To get into C.A. you have to pass CPT.

3.C.S.:If you are wanting to opt for this course then look its full name is Company Secretariat , this is also an interesting prospects and its not that hard like of C.A. to pass ,but still you have to work hard to get into.To get into C.S. you have to pass Foundation.

4.LLB:If you are wanting to opt for this course then look its full name is Legium bacalorius /bachelor in law, you can also opt to this prospects in 3 years or 2 years LLB program and in after completing your course litigate and earn huge money or getting a placement in any good corporate body as a legal assistance or agent.To get into this you have to pass entrance exam.

4.M.B.A:If you are wanting to opt for this course then look you will be having enough scope in it.The very first thing you have to do is to get through an entrance exam and then applying in any of the best B-schools.Here having honours or not in not a matter hear, the matter lies with the marks what you got in the entrance exam.By applying to MBA you can do specialization in finance, marketing, retail management, IT, Human Resource ,this are the normal specialization subject available to every colleges and in few colleges some more subjects are there like energy management, ocean management, and soon which depends.So, i think MBA will be a better option and as you are from commerce back ground.

5.B.Des:If you are wanting to opt for this course then look its full name is bachelor in designing.By this designing term don't take it only fashion designing or ramp work, beside this there are many things which is known to every one but no one paid any heath to it like designing of car, outlay, retail store, glass and leather work and jewelery and many more. So better you can try this because here you will be recruited by the top corporate companies like NDTV, Times Now,Future Group, GAP India,Infosys, ITC Wills Lifestyle,Levis, Li & Fung, Lifestyle, Marks & Spencer, Mast Lanka, MCann Erickron, Mckinsey,D’damas, Liberty Shoes Ltd. Gitanjali Jewellery Pvt. Ltd,Nike, Adidas,Autoline Industries Ltd etc.So, this subject is not bad also so you can try this.To get into this you have to pursue an entrance exam.

6.BMS: If you are wanting to opt for this course then look then look its full name is Bachelor of Media Studies.This is also one of the flourishing career right now, and it in BOOM stage so be hurry and join it.Here you will be recruited by the top media companies like Times of India, Balaji Telefilms, DNA, NDTV, CNBC, CNN-IBN, Contiloe Films, FCB Ulka, Contract, BBC, 20:20 Media, Encompass, IPAN PR, Genesis PR, Euro RSCG, Times Now, Indian Express, etc. So, i think this subject is not bad but you have to be good in english as you are going to be journalist. To get into this course you have to pursue an entrance exam.

7.B.A:If you are wanting to opt for this course then look its full name is bachelor in animation.this is also an interesting prospect don't think that animation only means drawing cartoons.It has also got other sides to.Like editing, advertisement,programing, web editing, and many more.So, this is also an interesting prospects .So, better you try this because its in BOOM stage right now because you could see maximum ads ,cinemas, and etc are done with animation.It has also got good placements, just you have to pursue an entrance exam or take direct admission in the best animation institutes.

So, i think from the above analysis you can make your choice.Look which course suits you according to your strength, don't go by name or placement because at the end you will end up with frustration and you will be in vain.So, look which one suits you and accordingly you make your choice.

For any further queries you are free to post here.

Best of luck,
help100%
3rd June 2010, 03:58 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear parvez ,

their are too many options for which you can look for .

some are ..

1 ca
2 mba
3 some higher studies

but personally i will recommend you mba through its entrance to get a good college ,
3rd June 2010, 04:00 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

but ca is not a bad choice at all since since it belongs to your stream as u can do in it well but you should fight the test thru its entrance .

since entrance fetches a better college .

best of luck...!!

||satish||
3rd June 2010, 05:55 PM
anilgupta89

MBA is the Best option for U.You can also do M.com.

M.com is also best Degree.

CA is the also one option for U.

Best of luck
3rd June 2010, 07:36 PM
sanjusays

there are many career options available but it all depends on your interests and your ambition in life.....if you are looking from money perspective then MBA from a good would be a better choice....you can appear for cat this year and start preparing right away...many top colleges in country accept cat score.....moreover doing a management degree will equip you with qualities which are essential for a entrepreneur .....if you are interested in any specific thing let us know so that a career related to that can be possibly suggested
3rd June 2010, 11:08 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Its all depends upon you and your interest, But most interesting courses
after B.com is - LLB, LLM, MBA, MCA, M.COM, C.A, C.S and PGDCA. But
according to me MBA is the best course after b.com........
4th June 2010, 11:06 AM
Ripu275

After B.Com nothing can be better than MBA . Now a days there are lots and lots of job opportunity you will get after passing MBA . But try to get the degree from a famous college,where the past placement record is good.

Thank you
4th June 2010, 04:25 PM
lonelyryan

there are many intrestinng courses but the best thing will be to do ca or cs...........
9th June 2010, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

is it good for me to do bcom first and then after do 3 year llb course or mba which will be better and will LLB fetch placements because my familly is more
oriented towards law sector plss email me at [email protected]
waiting for ur reply plss reply at the earliest
10th June 2010, 01:31 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

After BCOM you can do your MCOM. However you can do your MBA too. That would be better if you want to be really successful.

As MBA is far better than MCOM

So think about it
10th June 2010, 04:36 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

After B.com, you can go for some PG course by doing masters or ICWA, CAS, MSW, HRM is also a better option for commerce stream students, anything is achievable in now a days only the will should be there.............
20th June 2010, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

I am a bcom student. I want to do ICWAI after bcom. It is useful to get a good job?
21st June 2010, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

please choose me best option after bcom , wtheter mca or mba
27th June 2010, 12:12 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, have just appeared for last semester of Accounting & Finance m planning to do CS is this a good course and do i have a future in it, and does INDIAN CS has its importance in foreign countries plz do reply on my mail id [email protected]
27th June 2010, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

why don,t you choose C.A as a profession?you can also go in various fields like after completing your M.com ,appear in NET exam and work as a lecturer.and carrier related in banks and insurance are also advisable.
27th June 2010, 01:53 AM
leo1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a bcom student. I want to do ICWAI after bcom. It is useful to get a good job?
Of course, its completely superb ..its advantages are similar to M.B.A

Personally my sister has completed her course and is touching the roof! there have been lots of job offers!

Dont worry about jobs, there are two stages in each year (ICWA 2 years course) just like semesters !

All the best and go ahead,
The leo.
27th June 2010, 02:08 AM
vipin.cse65

I prefer you to join MBA or if interested go for CA
27th June 2010, 09:16 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Best career & higher studies after B.com?

dear friend

after bcom there are basically two options 4 u 4 ur carrier as well as higher studies.

1.Mcom

this is a general line .to give a boost to ur carrier u should go to the 2nd option.

2.MBA

This is a line related to business management which will give ua brightest carrier with status,money and a chance to travel all over the world.

u can also join CA which is also very demanding course 4 ur carrier.

all the best.
27th June 2010, 09:36 AM
sandy B

hello friend,you can do ca,cs(company secretaty ship),or you can do mba.those are the carrier oriented studies.
27th June 2010, 11:48 AM
Amritansu subh

Dear the following are the sectors in which you can build your carrier
1-C.A
2-C.S
3-M.B.A
4-Banking sectors
5-Insurance
6-Lecturship
7-IT
etc
GOODLUCK
REGARDS
**AMRITANSU**
27th June 2010, 01:35 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend it is much better for you to go for mba in your field as you completed b.com
and also you can side by side apply for many government jobs if you want to in bank also
27th June 2010, 03:53 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

HAI
You can go for many choices of your interest. If you are interested in computed related jobs, you can do MCA. If you are interested in accountancy, then go for MBA. But i think MCA is better than MBA in the case of availability. But if you are choosing MBA in finance, it has more value than MCA.
Anyway all the best
27th June 2010, 04:49 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Best career & higher studies after B.com?

Dear friend,
That all depends on your interest but i will suggest you for MBA as it spreads its branches in many direction, you may also go for CA.
27th June 2010, 05:23 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
today the best career in b.com is to do C.A(ICWAI),or you can also do your M.com,and the you can apply for the net exam and after that you can go in teaching line
27th June 2010, 05:56 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
You can choose MBA in Accountancy. C.S is also a good subject to do MCA. You can choose according to your choice. ok
bye
27th June 2010, 06:14 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Best career & higher studies after B.com?

Hello,
you may choose your career towards MCA , MBA , LLB , ANIMATION stream. But it will be best to choose MBA in IT branch that will increase your job opportunities.
Good luck!
27th June 2010, 06:21 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
please choose me best option after bcom , wtheter mca or mba

You will be allowed to study MCA only if you have studied MAthematics (Not business maths) in your +2 otherwise not.

So, in that condition if you are not eligible you can enroll for MBA thats also a Good and Lucaretive option to opt for.
27th June 2010, 06:30 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Hi
If you are hard worker and want to go CA firm then prepare for CA and CS.
If you are interested in management work then you must choose MBA.
Good bye
27th June 2010, 06:34 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend
after b.com you can join LLB, LLM, MBA, MCA, M.COM, C.A, C.S and PGDCA. but my suggession is ca is best for you but it very hard work to you in every day .
good luck
27th June 2010, 10:48 PM
phuchi

hiiii
if you have good % in B.com than you find thye best colleges in which the past record of placement is very good
you can take admission after B.com
1. LLM,
2.MBA,
3. MCA,
4. M.COM,
5.C.A, C.S
28th June 2010, 12:51 AM
anindya_forever
Banned

Hi
you can do CA chartered accountancy from recognized colleges in India and look after companies balance sheets. several commerce related jobs are available for Bcom pass outs.
Just give interview and check out your luck.
28th June 2010, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

hi, i am a b.com graduate but not having interest in m.b.a,m.com and LLB. ACS is my optional course and also looking for any p.g with different stream. So,suggest me a good one.-mani
28th June 2010, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

I m a Bcom(HONS.) grad. I m working in CTS BPO. Is Job in BPO a good career option??
28th June 2010, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

what to do after bcom .is it good to go for mba or to do cs
29th June 2010, 08:59 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
what to do after bcom .is it good to go for mba or to do cs

Both are good career option.

But generally students who wants to persue CS take admission in Foundation etc just after there +2. Even after B.com you can go for it no problem it will take time.

Howevr, if you are enrolling for MBA then keep in mind it will not be so helpful unless persued from any good institute.

If you dont have time and money problem and also you are labourious student then better go for CS.

Generally it seen that CS has more power then stipend in the MArket at present.
30th June 2010, 04:41 PM
amit.2186

Dear friend , after B.com you can apply for govt sector jobs or even you can go for M.com higher studies..best of luck
1st July 2010, 12:14 AM
bholag

dear friend,
best career & higher studies after B.com are mentioned below
either you can opt for M.Com,MBA.
according to me it will be better if you go for MBA.
8th July 2010, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

hey dis is pallavi,
i want to clear my doubts plzz give ur respectful suggestions.
i am doing my bcom (p) from DU.
i got 87%in 12th class...& my fav. subject is accounts.
i am confused abut wat to opt after bcom coz my intrest is in teaching or being a professor & earing money also...but on one side i think c.a. is
9th July 2010, 10:42 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
hey dis is pallavi,
i want to clear my doubts plzz give ur respectful suggestions.
i am doing my bcom (p) from DU.
i got 87%in 12th class...& my fav. subject is accounts.
i am confused abut wat to opt after bcom coz my intrest is in teaching or being a professor & earing money also...but on one side i think c.a. is

Yeah SA is also a better option, but since want to explore your career in Academics, it is mandatory for you to not to stop just after your CA.

Being a CA you can do any partime job, and simultaneously continue your studies with M.com and P.hd

Today for acquireing a lecturership in any Government or Government Aided Institute.University you have to opt for P.hd with Valid NET or SET because going through NET or SET is mandatory if you want to be a professor of a good university.

After sixth pay commission salary of a Government university professor has become 70,000/month basic pay.

So, first you have start with lecturership or reader then slowly with your experiance and talent you will reach to professor after having 17 years of experiance.
9th July 2010, 01:08 PM
Senior Member+++

ofcourse c a is a good poption but as you want to your career in acaedmics thatz why you should go for further studies say phd and your m.com
and if you want to go in a managerial jobs then you should opt for mba
9th July 2010, 04:55 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Friend, You can go for your Post grduation after B.Com. YOU have many options open to you. It is up to your choice finance availability that which field you choose. You can either of the courses
MBA in Finance/HR/IT/banking/Marketing etc
M.com
CA/CS
Look for job both private and government sector

Best of Luck
10th July 2010, 08:15 AM
gohan4

Higher studies
you can go in following areas :
1. MBA - most student adopt
2. M.Com - B.Ed
3. You can prepare for bank clerical exam
4. Court clerical exam
5. CLAT exam for LLb.
6. PGDM
7. If interested in fashion designing then go for it.
......... All the very best to you .......
10th July 2010, 04:47 PM
panuboy

dear friend
after graduation from b.com you can opt for various option like
1 mba
2 ca
3 icwa
4 can sit for various general competition
so its matter of interest what you want to do in your life
ok all the best
10th July 2010, 10:20 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Hello

THANKS & REGARDS

PARVEZ ALAM
Dear friend you will get good job if you do MBA or CA.

As there is good scope after doing MBA so go for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?