10th July 2011, 08:39 PM
NINU M GOPI

Is Bio Medical Engineering a good course? Institutions providing the course in Kerala?

Is Bio medical engineering a good course?Is there any job opportunity in this field in kERALA?OR INDIA? wHICH ARE THE INSTITUTIONS PROVIDING THIS COURSE?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any job opportunity for Bio-medical Engineers in India? Will there be any campus recruitment for them? List of top companies recruiting Biomedical Engineering? Instiutes in Kerala offering Bio Medical Engineering?
  2. List of companies and institutions providing internship for Bio Medical Engineering students in Chennai?
  3. List of colleges and their eligibility criteria demanded for admission into undergraduate program of Bioinformatic and Biochemistry?
  4. Can I do biomedical engineering after 12th? I have chosen PCM and Electronics subject for 11th and 12th science
  5. Best institutions in India providing courses in Pharmacy and Engineering and also good placement in Delhi and in India?
  6. What is the PGECET counseling date?
  7. What are the career options available after 12th in Biology?
  8. Any positions for bio medical engineering in Mahamaya Allopathic Medical College?
  9. Institutions in Delhi providing PhD in Molecular Biology or disciplines related to Zoology?
  10. What is the counseling date of PGECET? List of all the colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. List of institutes in Kerala providing SAP course?
  12. What is the eligibility of biomadical engineering? Names of the colleges providing the course in 2 years?
  13. List of the colleges related to DHMS?
  14. What types of courses are more preferable in M.Tech Bio Medical Engineering?
  15. How to join bio medical engineering after doing B.E(Mech)? What is the scope of it in India? Which are the companies offering a job to Bio medical engineers?
  16. Any job opportunity for Bio Medical Engineering in Kerala?
  17. List of Microbiology training institutes in Howrah and Kolkata for work? -- [New]
  18. Minimum and maximum cutoff marks for joining in bio medical engineering college? Is there any bio medical engineering college in Chennai or Coimbatore offering campus interview?
11th July 2011, 12:41 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Is Bio Medical Engineering a good course? Institutions providing the course in Kerala?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINU M GOPI View Post
Is Bio medical engineering a good course?Is there any job opportunity in this field in kERALA?OR INDIA? wHICH ARE THE INSTITUTIONS PROVIDING THIS COURSE?
Bio Medical engineering is one of the up coming branch in India in which
candidates are getting many job opportunities. To apply for the bio medical
course a candidate should be 10+2 pass and should have physics and
maths at 10+2.

There are various institutes in India in which you can apply for the Bio medical
course. Below is the list of some top colleges is given in which you can apply for the bio medical course.

Dolphin (PG) Institute of Bio Medical &
Natural Sciences, Dehradun.
Add: Manduwala, Near Sudhowala,
Chakrata Road, Dehradun-248007, U.K.

Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology, Kancheepuram (Tamil Nadu)
Vinayaka Nagar, Old Mahabalipuram Road, Paiyanoor , Kancheepuram (Kancheepuram Dist.) - 603 104

Adhiparasakthi Engineering College, Melmaruvathur (Tamil Nadu)
Cheyyur T.K , Melmaruvathur (Kancheepuram Dist.) - 603319

Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur (Tamil Nadu)
Dr. M.G.R. Nagar, Krishnagiri , Hosur (Krishnagiri Dist.) - 635109

Alpha College of Engineering, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
34, Udayavar Koil Street, Thirumazhisai, Poonamallee , Chennai (Chennai Dist.) - 602107

Avinashilingam University for women: Faculty of Engineering, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
Thadagam Post , Coimbatore (Coimbatore Dist.) - 641108

Bapuji Institute of Engineering and Technology, Davanagere (Karnataka)
Post Box No.325 , Davanagere (Davanagere Dist.) - 577004
11th July 2011, 01:56 AM
Uttam Nandi

Default Re: Is Bio Medical Engineering a good course? Institutions providing the course in Kerala?

Biomedical is combination of principle of engineering and medicine to build medical infrastructure.
It is only recently biomedical has emerged as a engineering branch. But you don't need to worry at all. It's job prospect is very good.
Eligibility criteria for joining biomedical engineering is 10+2 with mathematics, physics and chemistry.
There is only one institute in Kerala which offers B.Tech in Biomedical engineering. It is
Model Engineering College
Kochi, Kerala

http://www.mec.ac.in
11th July 2011, 01:57 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Bio Medical Engineering a good course? Institutions providing the course in Kerala?

Bio Medical Engineering is an emerging field.

The basic problem is that the number of biomedical engineers is limited.

There are not enough courses too.

India need more biomedical engineers.

Students did not take up this responsibility because they felt that job opportunities are limited.

As the health care sector grows and becomes more dynamic, the need for this group is going to be high.

Colleges offering this course in Kerala are:

KMCT Polytechnic College (3 year diploma in Bio Medical Engineering)

School of Biomedical Science and Technology, Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur, Kerala

Model Engineering College, Kochi

Sahrdaya College of Science and Tech, Thrissur
11th July 2011, 07:08 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

Bio medical is a good course.

you find good job in this sector

and also good salary.

jobs like:--

*many pharmaticular companys you join

* research in medicine

good college for bio-medical:--

*Model engg. college kochi
31st July 2011, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

Tell me the names of the companies which generally come for giving jobs to Bio- Medical engineeruing students.
31st July 2011, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

name of the companies which generally come for giving jobs to bio-medical engineering students in India.
9th August 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

what about the salaries
1st September 2012, 07:53 PM
being aman

Biomed engineering is an interdisciplinary course ,as a course it is very good.
But in India job opportunities in this field is very limited if you want to have a
job just after doing a graduation or post graduation in this field.
If you have patience and can spend time in research and do a PhD from
a reputed institutes as chances of getting good publications is high there than you can
opt for it.
As merely doing a grad or post grad doesn't provide you a good practical experience
as most of the colleges are not able to afford technologies and good trainers needed
for this course
11th January 2013, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Is Bio Medical Engineering a good course? Institutions providing the course in Kerala?

Quote:
Its a very good and less competitive branch of engineering with multidisciplinary courses for a person who likes mathematics, engineering and human anatomy-physiology as minor.Globaly it shows second largest growth among engineering sectors reer opportunity in Medical device/technology companies, Medical software companies, Hospitals, research centers etc. In India very high demand for Male Biomedical Engineer's in companies(highly paid) like simens medical, ge healthcare, philips,hitachi,trivitron, L&TMedical etc.
Sahrdaya College of Engineering and Technology,Kodakara, Thrissur under Calicut University and
Model Engineering College , Cochin under Cochin University are two good & old colleges in kerala offers B.Tech Biomedical Engineering
14th January 2013, 09:07 AM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends.............

Bio medical Engineering is an excellent course.........

ALL THE BEST.............
18th January 2013, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir i am a biomedical diploma engineer.i dont know all about this biomedical engineering courses.please help.
6th March 2013, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

Is bio medical engineering suitable for girls?
6th March 2013, 06:08 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

List of Bio Medical Colleges in Kerala :

Sahrdaya College of Engineering & Technology

University of Calicut

Thangal Kunju Musaliar Institute of Technology

K.M.C.T College of Engineering for Women

6th March 2013, 10:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Biomedical Engineering is upcoming field and most of the students don't take up this course because they don't know about it.

Biomedical Engineering is the science in which Engineering is used to solve the medical problems of human beings.

The Artificial Limbs, Artificial kidney , Artificial Pacemaker all are made possible due to Biomedical Engineering.

There is need biomedical engineers in medical field for developing various instruments for making the process of treatment easier.

The admission in this course is based on the entrance examination so you have to be well prepared for the entrance if you want to get admission in top college.

You should be 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry , Biology and Maths if you want to apply for this course.

Some of the top Colleges for Biomedical Engineering are mentioned below:

-Biomedical Engineering, AIIMS--Delhi
Ansari Nagar
New Delhi, India
91-011-26588500

-Banaras Hindu University Institute of Technology
Varanasi 221005
UttarPradesh
India
011-91-542-2368160

-Jadavpur University
Jupiter Building Raja Subodh Chandra Mullick Road,
Kolkata 700032
India
011-91-033-24146129
7th March 2013, 09:39 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

List of Bio-Medical Colleges in Kerala:-

Model Engineering college,

University of Calicut,

Thangal Kunju Musaliar Institute of Technology,

KMCT College of engineering for Women,

Sahradaya College of Science and Technology.

8th March 2013, 12:39 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

List of Bio Medical Engineering Colleges in Kerala:

METS School of Engineering, Thrissur
http://www.mec.ac.in

Model Engineering College, Kochi

Sahrdaya College of Engineering & Technology, Thrissur
http://www.sahrdaya.ac.in

University of Calicut

13th March 2013, 10:46 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
yes,BME is a hard to study, hard to graduate, hard to find job and lack of respect specialization.

Institutions providing the course in Kerala

Centre for Bioinformatics research institute,
Bhartidasan college of arts and science,
Apeejay Savran institute for biosciences and clinical research,
Bio-sys biotech lab and research centre,
Anbanthapuram Vahaira charities college,
19th March 2013, 05:36 PM
Annu 4

HELLO SIR *-*-*-***-

Bio Medical Colleges in Kerala :
University of Calicut

Sahrdaya College of Engineering & Technology

Thangal Kunju Musaliar Institute of Technology

ALL THE BEST *-*-**-*-*-

31st March 2013, 06:50 PM
Rajanitai

Bio-Medical Colleges in Kerala:-
University of Calicut,

Sahradaya College of Science and Technology,

KMCT College of engineering for Women
8th April 2013, 11:44 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:

Institutions providing Bio Medical Engineering the course in Kerala

Apeejay Savran institute for biosciences and clinical research,
Bio-sys biotech lab and research centre,
Anbanthapuram Vahaira charities college,
Sahradaya College of Science and Technology,
KMCT College of engineering for Women
22nd May 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Is Biomedical engnrng suit for girls
28th June 2013, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Is it a good couse for girls?how much we need 2 score in 2?
20th March 2014, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

iam a electronics and communication diploma eng..am planing to do b.e in tamilnadu..which feild is better for girls ..bio.medical or ece or it?
3rd April 2014, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Iam not writing engineering exam in kerala.how can i join to the course for biomedicalengineering in kerala.what is fees i have to pay?
20th May 2014, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

iam not writing entrance exam.how can i join to the course for biomedical engineering in kerala.what is fees i have to pay?
20th May 2014, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

iam not writing engineering exam.how can i join to course for biomedical engineering in kerala.what is fees i have to pay?
20th May 2014, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Iam not writing engineering
exam in kerala.how can i join to
the course for
biomedicalengineering in
kerala.what is fees i have to
pay?
20th May 2014, 09:16 PM
shafeekmon.nk

Iam not writing engineering
exam in kerala.how can i join to
the course for
biomedicalengineering in
kerala.what is fees i have to
pay?
29th June 2014, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

whether BME is a right chioce for women?
what is the scope of it now and in future ?
whether anna unversity is best for the course?
21st July 2014, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Which entrance exam is applicable for join the BME in kerala or tamil nadu?
9th June 2015, 06:28 AM
Unregistered

I studied MOBE(maintenance&operation of biomedical equipments) in VHSE.
&I applied for the diploma course.someone said to me"it has no slope"
is it possible or incorrect???
1st June 2016, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Want to know about Main recruiters of Kerala who want bio medical engineering
19th June 2017, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 10th and diploma in electronics and communication.But I don't have plus two.so I want to know am I eligible for biomedical engineering?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?