25th June 2010, 01:38 PM
jitendra1964

BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

Kindly let me know which institute is better BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT for studying in Enginnering

25th June 2010, 03:56 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Default Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

Hi jitendra
According to me BITS Hyderabad is good choice for you because in past many survey taken and result are positive.
They provide good placement, high pay scale.
VIT is also good but if you want advice form me then I always say BITS.
So go for this.
Good luck
25th June 2010, 04:14 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

As compared to BITS Hydrabad campus, VIT main campus is better.

I am not saying that BITS, hydrabad is not good, but as compared to BITS main campus at Pilani Hydrabad campus is too small to compare with it and the same with VIT.

So, more or less VIT is better in terms of Infrastucture. Otherwise nothing to compromise with BITS.

BITS is a Deemed University, where as VIT completely private one. So in terms of Valuation and cost effective BITS is far better then VIT.

If you are getting BITS then dont go with VIT it is very costly.
25th June 2010, 04:38 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

dear friend ,
i will recommend you bits pilani - hyderabad in comparison to vit , vellore as bits name is too much for attracting good companies .

vit stands higher in ranking than bits-hyderabad but don't go for that since they donate too much amounts to such magazines (it's the truth of ranking).

the campus is also good enough to study ( but not to wander ) in hyderabad and also i wan't to mark that rules are too strict in vit (almost like a jail ) .

but as you have asked about the campus , so , i will let you know that vit has green , sprawling , and well oriented campus than bits hyderabad but bits is campus is also a good one .

i will emphasize more on the branch of your interest , since all these things doesn't matters if you are not getting a good branch in these colleges but you must go for the best .

so , i single handedly , recommend you bits pilani hyderabad campus rather than vit if you are getting good branch and of your interest at bits .

for more details about the campus , you can visit http://www.bits-hyderabad.ac.in and http://www.vit.ac.in ....

best of luck!!!
cheers
25th June 2010, 07:27 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Yes, I agree with faiyaz answer. Both the college are good, but VIT is better than
BITS Hydrabad. The VIT campus is good than BITS Hydrabad. Vit is private college, if you have afford, then VIT is best for you otherwise you can go for BITS Hydrabad. The
academics based both the colleges are good.

So, choose according to you. Both the colleges are good one, to take admission in engineering stream.

ok
good luck.
25th June 2010, 09:20 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

i think bits pilani is better.
vit is looking forward for its infrastructure.
28th June 2010, 12:36 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Definately BITS Hyderabad is better than VIT. BITS is placed 7th in ranking and no 1 in private colleges list. So i guess you should go for it.

Cheers

Last edited by Pathfinder; 28th June 2010 at 10:53 PM.
28th June 2010, 01:06 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendra1964 View Post
Kindly let me know which institute is better BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT for studying in Enginnering
in my opinion, bits hyderabad is better than vit vellore because bits is providing very good placements with high salary. Also they provide placement in their own companies which vit vellore can,t do. So you must go for bits hyderabad.
All the best
28th June 2010, 01:32 AM
gaurav poddar

go for vit
bits hyderabad campus is awful and placements are worse as compared to goa and pilani bits goa is definetely much better than vit
28th June 2010, 02:19 AM
anindya_forever
Banned

hi
definately VIT. It is ranked among top degree/technical colleges with better educational, infrastructure and placement record. Ranked with A+ certification, Its choice among good students.
28th June 2010, 07:17 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

BITS and VIT both are good colleges wiyh

good placement

proper learning environment

excellent hostel facilities

modern way of teaching wih good faculty members.

i think u should choose any one of them by considering the fees structure.

all the best.
28th June 2010, 07:29 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend ,
i will recommend you only vit because vit is a better college for engineering and also for good placement per year. and vit campus is always nice in comparsion to bits hyderabad.
so also infrastructure is very nice of vit.
more information,www.vit.ac.in ....

best of luck!!!
28th June 2010, 09:54 AM
BALWINDER SINGH

Dear friend........
I advice you to go for the bits hyderabad campus........it is better...........

All the best.......
28th June 2010, 10:57 AM
siddharthkathuria

Wink Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jitendra1964 View Post
heya,
i think you should go with BITS hyderabad
all the best
28th June 2010, 10:58 AM
karthu
Senior Member+

HAI
In my opinion, BITS IS MORE EFFECTIVE in placement facilities with a good atmosphere to study in. The job oppurtunities are more in the case of BITS as they prefer to take students from BITS first.Then only they are taking students from VIT.

DO AS YOU LIKE.
bye dear
28th June 2010, 11:07 AM
siddharthkathuria

Talking Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
Definately BITS Hyderabad is better than VIT. BITS is placed 7th in ranking and no 1 in government colleges list. So i guess you should go for it.

Cheers
hye,
first of all,the BITS you are talking about is Pilani one and secondly, it is a private university
thanks
siddharth
28th June 2010, 11:27 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Both of them are great and well reputed..But in ranking BITS Hyderbad comes before VIT.you can choose any of them.There is no doubt in the education quality and have great infrastructure of any of the two.But of them have high fee .
28th June 2010, 12:03 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

Hello friend'
VIT is the best one because taking in infrastructure or faculty or placements frm several last years its leading up. You definately should go for VIT.
All the best.
14th July 2010, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

what should i choose bits hyd civil at a score of 300 even when i am getting iit kharagpur msc economics and nit bhopal cse? many people told me that in nit bhopal very less classes are held and i do have interest in civil
14th July 2010, 02:10 PM
Shagun Makin

Dear friend,

Both are good college but the current ranking of BITS is better than VIT.
Yet the VIT is one of the best colleges of South.
ITS infrastructure,campus placement is very good.

Friend first look for your branch and then college.
If you are getting the same branch you preferred then go for VIT.

best of luck!!!!
16th July 2010, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

I am getting MSc. ( Tech) Information System in BITS and computer science in VIT..both almost same branches..what should i prefer?? pls suggest fast...reali in a big delimma!! help!
19th July 2010, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i think msc(tech) info is better, but you will not get a B.E. degree along with it.so technically you are not an engineer. so think of it once and if you are ok without a B.E. degree then go for its or else go for vit or other branches in bits
bye
16th October 2010, 12:13 AM
mseetharamster

In comparision with VIT and BITS-Hyderabad.
Both are good institutions, with good academic results and placements.
But what matters is the oldest among the two, the deemed status of the two, the toughness of two in entrance exams.
With these comparisions it is better to go for BITS-Hyderabad.

But go depending on the branch.

If you get branches like Bio-technology or something like that then go for VIT.
16th October 2010, 12:29 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
As far as iam concerned,VIT is indeed better than BIT,Hyderabad.There are friends of mine who have completed their engineering there.Even i have been in VIT campus couple of times.The infrastructure is very good there,you will have good exposure there.And talking about the most important thing,placement,its pretty good and it will be easy to pass from VIT.All of my friends from VIT are well placed in MNCs like Wipro,Infosys,IBM,TCS,Tvs etc.But i think the Fees is abit high.I did not mean to say that BIT is bad,but i have compared the two as per my experience.
20th November 2010, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

coulf u plz suggest me how to score 300 in BITS entrance exam?
5th December 2010, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav poddar View Post
go for vit
bits hyderabad campus is awful and placements are worse as compared to goa and pilani bits goa is definetely much better than vit
hey bits pilani hyderabad campus was started in 2008.no one from this campus has completed their graduation.then how can u say that its placements are awful????????/!!!!!!!!!!!!
6th December 2010, 08:48 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

definitely bits going to be your best choice because all the rules and regulations framed by bits hyderabad produce a well knowledged and good engineer who is important for a country like india

yea vit is ok!! but not that good as bits because it has good rules and principles as bits hyderabad but the implementation all those rules and regulations is not that good the student has a chance to get ruined in his career because of bad seniors this is the bad remark on that college from past 5 years ..ragging is comparitively very high in VIT than in BITS hyderabad

all the best

~aditya~
4th January 2011, 06:59 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT
i will recommend you only vit because vit is a better college for engineering and also for good placement per year. and vit campus is always nice in comparsion to bits hyderabad.

good luck.
24th January 2011, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

SRM or VIT which is better option
23rd March 2011, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

how should we prepare for bitsat
3rd April 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

i heard that if a candidate carries a score of 950plus out of 1000 from de board of intermediate of andhra pradesh he will be given an admission into bits hyd...is dat so??!?!?
19th April 2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahu47 View Post
hii

good luck.
You guys must be crazy to even compare BITS with VIT. BITS is way too ahead in all respects
20th April 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Without writing vitsat, is there any possibility to get the seat in engeneing in VIT?
If we wont get good rank in BITSAT, but good marks in Intermediate i.e bet 80 - 90% marks is there
any possibility to get the admission in BITs Hyderabad? pl. clarify.
25th April 2011, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: BITS Hyderabad Campus or VIT? Which institute is better for studying in Engineering stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You guys must be crazy to even compare BITS with VIT. BITS is way too ahead in all respects
Comparison is between bits-hyd and vit vellore , not pilani...bits hyd system is not perfect , needs time to get matured.
14th May 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

what about culture in vit vellore?is it ok for traditional south indian girls?
21st May 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahu47 View Post
hii

good luck.
he he he he i am laughing at u guys i have record of complete vit top students who have scored about 150 in aieee 2011 ! o ho sorry man but bits hyderabad is 10 times better than vit why to compare them compare vit only wid colleges below nits
23rd May 2011, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
As compared to BITS Hydrabad campus, VIT main campus is better.

I am not saying that BITS, hydrabad is not good, but as compared to BITS main campus at Pilani Hydrabad campus is too small to compare with it and the same with VIT.

So, more or less VIT is better in terms of Infrastucture. Otherwise nothing to compromise with BITS.

BITS is a Deemed University, where as VIT completely private one. So in terms of Valuation and cost effective BITS is far better then VIT.

If you are getting BITS then dont go with VIT it is very costly.
but bits take nearly 2 lakh fees which is more than vit 2011 1.6 to 1.7 laks approx,
26th May 2011, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

wat do u think iit bombay is better or bits pilani???
27th May 2011, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

hiii, i got 96% in 12th so is there any chance fr me to get admission in bits?
28th May 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

i got 297 i bitsat 2011 cd u plz tell me wch branch and institute i might get [btech]
29th May 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hiii, i got 96% in 12th so is there any chance fr me to get admission in bits?

Hey ...for getting into bits you need to give bitsat
29th May 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Obviously bits hyd is much much better than vit....no point of discussion man
31st May 2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Bits Hyd is Different from BIts pilani..BIts pilani is ofcourse better..but bits hyd is very new and they havent had any placements yet...this is the first year they are going to have placements..VIT is better for sure excellent placements and great campus...
2nd June 2011, 08:34 AM
sri_green09

BITS Hyderabad Campus is the best campus for studying in Engineering stream.
BITS is known world wide and you can gain better knowledge and opportunity.
3rd June 2011, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

i got 298 in bitsat 2011..can i expect cse in goa or hyd?
10th June 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

WITH STATE RANK UTTARAKHAND 6 AND ALL INDIA B.ARCH RANK 1400 WHICH COLLEGE I WILL GET
10th June 2011, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

WITH STATE RANK UTTARAKHAND 6,ALLINDIA 1400 IN B.ARCH WHICH COLLEGE I WILL GET
19th June 2011, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

hw is bits hyd for ME - Civil- structures??
24th June 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Comparison between VIT and BITS is a crazy mind exercise. VIT is a utter useless hyped up nonsense institute not worthy of even putting on par with a third rate local engineering college
24th June 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

No tough to get into BITS goa or hyd at 298 score
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?