9th June 2010, 11:14 AM
ankit_goyal1985

Which are the books available for quantitative aptitude, comprehension and logical/analytical test?

Please tell me the online resources/books available for quantitative aptitude and comprehension and logical/analytical...

Please respond

Thanks

3rd March 2011, 06:18 AM
rajkumari sona devi

Default Re: Which are the books available for quantitative aptitude, comprehension and logical/analytical test?

Career launcher
3rd March 2011, 03:12 PM
simran kaur20389

Default Re: Which are the books available for quantitative aptitude, comprehension and logical/analytical test?

Dear Friend

You should follow Book named "Quantative aptitude" for practice in Mathematics & "verbal-non verbal reasoning" author R.S aggarwal.
or you can prepare yourself by online tests also.

All the very best
3rd March 2011, 04:53 PM
rajilakshman

r.s.agarwal
GRE book
3rd March 2011, 10:43 PM
Arvi.S

Hello,
For quantitative aptitude and comprehension and logical/analytical problems these are the few books which should be referred :

Quantitative aptitude - Aptitude Question by R.S.Agarwal
Logical problems - Logical Reasoning by Shakuntala Devi
Analytical problems : Reasoning Ability by S.CHAND
After referring the above books you should also refer to the question papers which will help you to get an idea about the pattern.

The books are easily available in a local bookstore. If not then you can buy it from the website of S.CHAND or surely available in landmark.

All the best ! ! !
4th March 2011, 12:27 AM
Shatakshi jo

Hello..

In reference to your query regarding the good books available for the 3 main sections of the different aptitude test.There are few names of the books i would suggest you go through the following books mentioned below as i am also preparing from the same books and i find them very helpful..

I am enlisting the names of the books in different categories for you to refer as per your request.The names of the books are as follows:-

FOR QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE :

a). How to Prepare for Quantitetive Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test
Author : Arun Sharma
b).Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams
Author: Guha Abhijit
c). Quant Aptitude by Tata Magraw Hill
Author: Arun Sharma
d).Quantitative Aptitude
Author:R.S Aggarwal

FOR COMPREHENSION:

A). McGraw-Hill's ASVAB, Second Edition
Author: Dr. Janet E. Wall, Janet E. Wall
B).How to Prepare for the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT
Author : Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay

C).R.S. Agarawal books on verbal reasoning
D). Verbal Ability
Author: ARUN SHARMA
E).Business English and Communication
Author: Clark

FOR LOGICAL/ANALYTICAL REASONING:

A).How to Prepare for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT
Author : Arun Sharma
B).Pearson Guide To Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation For The Cat
Author: by Nishit K Sinha
C). A Modern Approach To Logical Reasoning
Author: R. S. Aggarwal
D). Logical Reasoning: Test Preparation Study Guide, Questions & Answers by National Learning Corporation
E). Management Entrance Analytical & Logical Reasoning
Author: Bs Sijwali, Ajay Singh

PLease do tell me whether my information was of any help to you or not..so that i could provide you more information and updates regarding your query..
4th March 2011, 05:21 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

It is recommended to purchase a book as there will be a wide range of questions available. It is a must to solve as many problems of different types. Also the books will have solutions to the previous year papers. So you will be able to assess you level from time to time. The highly recommended books include that of R. S. Agrawal and book by Oswal.
4th March 2011, 07:33 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

You find the shop a good book

r.s.agrawalla
4th March 2011, 01:46 PM
Arsalaan

quantitative Aptitude has become a very popular section in competitive exams be it CAT?XAT etc. GMAT/GRE,NDA… or the job selection tests. being good at these helps in a lot of ways its a strong plus to your chances anywhere.
There are lots of books available
For QA
R.S.Aggarwala reasoning books
Arun sharma Books for CAT
CAT materials from career launcher TIME IMS etc.
The above materials are very good and are highly recommended.
For CAT etc. solve all the level of questions 1,2 and 3
And for jobs Aptitude tests solve upto level 2 only.
4th March 2011, 01:53 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

Good Material for quant paper and comprehension paper include:
CAT meterials from various coaching institutes like
Time
Career Launcher
IMS
AMS careers
These are specially designed for MBA exams..CAT/MAT/XAT/Mh_CET
and job aptitude test preparation can also be done from them.
you can also use them for general aptitude preparation.
Further if you are looking for books
go for:
Arun Sharma CAT books.. very good i followed it my self.
R.S.Aggarwala.. reasoning book
NIshi sharma .. quant book

these are some pf the best books if you gain command over them you
can crack any Aptitude test.
4th March 2011, 05:45 PM
harshhunny
Member+

Book is attached
author :- rs aggarwal
Attached Files
File Type: pdf R S aggarwal verbal reasoning.pdf(803.4 KB, 388 views)
4th March 2011, 06:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Which are the books available for quantitative aptitude, comprehension and logical/analytical test?

There Are Various Books Availiable In The Market For Preparing for Quantitative Aptitude, Comprehension and logical, Analytical Test.

So, I Will Suggest You Just Purchase The Books Of P K Aggarwal, R S Aggarwal Because These Books Are the Best Options, If You are Interested To improve Your Quantitative Aptitude And Analytical Questions.

And If You Dont Find these Books In Your City, Then You Can Also Purchase This Books Online Also, By Visit this Website -

http://www.infibeam.com/Books/quanti...121924986.html

So, If You Really Interested to Improve Your Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Then R S Agarwal Quantitative Aptitude Book Are the Best And Primary Option For You, After Study This Books, I Will Sure That You Will Improve And Crack Any Entrance Examinations.
4th March 2011, 06:53 PM
harshhunny
Member+

book is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf R S aggarwal verbal reasoning.pdf(803.4 KB, 265 views)
4th March 2011, 06:53 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

There are many books in Market for the quantitative aptitude.But among them i can say the best one is R.S Agarwal quantitative aptitude text book.
This text book covers all the syllabus for all the com-putative exam in india.
some of the com-putative exam conducted in india are, bank po,indian railways,bsnl jto ect
if you prepare from this book you will able to write any entrance exam conducted in india.
4th March 2011, 07:34 PM
krupadesai

You need to practice much more for aptitude questions.

I have attached R. S. Agrawal's chapterwise questions along with their solutions & another ebook which will be helpful to you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Analytical Logical Reasoning.pdf(167.8 KB, 507 views)
File Type: zip r s agarwal.zip(2.27 MB, 386 views)
5th March 2011, 12:02 AM
kanikabansal22aug

Thumbs up Re: Which are the books available for quantitative aptitude, comprehension and logical/analytical test?

Hello

There are books like R.S.Agarwal,Barron.These two are enough for aptitude preparation and comprehension.You can download their E-books.

You can also join coaching institutes like IMS,PT,TIMES,CARRER LAUNCHER etc.Solve the study material provided by them.

3.Download wordweb-Its a dictionary.

4.Solve last year papers of the company or exam,wherever you want to apply.

All the best.
5th March 2011, 12:10 AM
mishra245

Quantitative aptitude test exam best book is:
R.S.Agarwal
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exam Book is a wonderful book for Competitive examination preparations. Now I bought Third Edition of this book by Abhijit Guha.
5th March 2011, 12:49 AM
Sanjiv sharma

If you want to improve your your quantitative aptitude,reasoning,logical or compression skill then the simplest mean to improve is the practice. Practice makes a man perfect and intelligent. The more you study and practise yourself,the more your confidence becomes high. You develop a sense of compatibility,maturity and sensibility while practicing yourself in any topic or subject. There are different varieties of books one can found in market to improve knoweledge,skill and intelligence. I suggest you some books please purchase them and don't forget to practise,study or solve them if you really intends to become master of it.
QUICKER MATHEMATICS BY M TYRA
QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE by R S AGGARWAL
VERBAL AND NON VERBAL REASONING by R S AGGARWAL
ENGLISH IS EASY by S CHAND
Hope you got benefited from these books.
Best wishes
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?