9th August 2011, 02:01 AM

Placement papers of various MNCs?

sir i need to know about placement papers of various Mnc's . Because i am going to appear for the campus placements of MNCs.

9th August 2011, 09:58 AM
prashant.jha39
Member+

Default Re: Placement papers of various MNCs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
sir i need to know about placement papers of various Mnc's . Because i am going to appear for the campus placements of MNCs.
if you could have provided artleast the names of mnc's you are going to appear i would have attached the papers but for around 200mnc's papers refer http://freshersworld.com
9th August 2011, 01:12 PM
DN358
Banned

Infosys placement paper 2008
Infosys placement paper 2008

Hi friends….. This is Adi from BBDNITM, LUCKNOW…. I attended Infosys on campus placement test on 19 th feb, 2008 held at SRMCEM,LUCKNOW. I would LOVE to share my experience with u & hope it would prove very valuable for u in the upcoming period

Around 700 students attended the test and out of them 62 were finally selected from my college out of 70 who were through Aptitude.

And due to Gods grace I was one among them.

The Selection consists of 2 Phases :-
a) Written Test
b) HR Interview

In which, written test consists of two phases:-

1) APTITUDE:
30 questns in 40 minutes..
5 questns about arithmetical reasoning
5 questns on series completion (figure)
5 questns on puzzle test
5 questns on data interpretation (graphs)

2) Replace an underlined sentence with another one which is of the same meaning from the given 4 alternatives.
3) Fill in the blank with correct alternative. (REFER ANY GRAMMAR BOOK HAVING TENSES )
4) Deriving conclusion from small passages.
5 questns on data sufficiency…….. and rst I dnt remember as I am writing it after around 10 days of the test..but anwz aptitude section wz easy….jst R.S. Aggrwal is very much sufficient for written test I can say R.S.Aggarwal is sufficient for all companies written test. JUS GO THROUGH IT. IT’S REALLY HELPFUL.

2) Verbal Reasoning (English) :-
While answering questns u hav to keep the time in mind…. bcoz time management plays major role in these type of papers IN verbal section ur english knowledge is checked.
1) Two RC’s, a very big one and time consuming so attempt them at the end .(refer BARONS GRE )
5) Select the correct statement from the set of 4 statements. One is correct and some r with little grammatical mistake. .(REFER ANY GRAMMAR BOOK HAVING TENSES ) After Completion Of paper, Result is declared after 2hrs….and my name is in the list.
9th August 2011, 01:14 PM
DN358
Banned

2008 Model Infosys Complete Placement Paper-I
2008 Model Infosys Complete Placement Paper-I

Some basic puzzles like

1. You are given two candles of equal size, which can burn 1hour each. You have to measure 90 minutes with these candles.(There is no scale or clock). Also u r given a lighter.
Ans: 1. First light up the two ends of the 1st candle. When it will burn out light up one end of the second candle. (30+60=90)
2. Try the similar problem to measure 45 minutes.
Ans: First light-up the two ends of the 1st candle and one end of the 2nd candle. When the 1st candle will burn out ,then light up the both ends of the 2nd candle (15+30=45)
3. You r given a thermometer. What can u do by this without measuring the temperature?
Ans: if u put thermometer into a tree it won’t grow anymore,will just die off
4. How it is possible to place four points that are equidistance from each other? OR U r a landscape designer and your boss asked u to design a landscape such that you should place 4 trees equidistance from each other. (Distance from each tree to the other must be same)
Ans: Only 3 points can be equidistant from each other. But if u place points in the shape of a pyramid then its possible
5. You are given a cake; one of its corner is broken. How will u cut the rest into Two equal parts?
Ans: Slice the cake
6. How will you recognize the magnet & magnetic material & non-magnetic material?
Ans: Drag one piece of material over another. There is no attractive force in the middle portion of the magnet. OR Get a piece of thread and tie up with the one bar and check for poles. If it iron bar then it moves freely and if it is magnetic bar then it fix in one direction according to poles.
7. If one tyre of a car suddenly gets stolen…. and after sometime u find the tyre without the screws how will u make ur journey complete
Ans: Open 3 screws, 1 from each tyre and fix the tyre.
8. How can u measure a room height using a thermometer?
Ans: temp varies with height. but its dependent on various other factors like humidity, wind etc.
9 What is the height of room if after entering the room with a watch ur head strikes a hanging bulb?
Ans: Oscillate the hanging bulb. Calculate the time period for one complete oscillation by Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM) of the handing bulb. Put it in the formula T=2 * 3.14 * (L/G)^1/2 L will be the length of the hanging thread. Add the L with ur height to get the height of the room.
10. Color of bear…. if it falls from 1m height in 1s.
Ans: We get ‘g’ perfect 10 which is only in poles…hence polar bear…color White
9th August 2011, 01:19 PM
DN358
Banned

How will you measure height of building when you are at the top of the building? And if you have stone with you.
Ans: Drop the stone and find the time taken for the stone to reach the ground. find height using the formula s = gt*t/2 ( s = height, a= initial velocity=0, g=9.8m/s, t = time taken)
12. How wud u catch and receive a ball in same direction? (Dropping is from north and receiving from bottom not accepted, as it is 2 directions)
13. 25 statements given. Some tell truth, some false and some alternators. Find out the true statements.
14. Can u make 120 with 5 zeros?
Ans: Factorial (factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)) = 120
15.There are three people A, B, C. Liars are of same type and Truth speaking people are of same type. Find out who is speaking truth and who is speaking false from the following statements:
a) A says: B is a liar.
b) B says: A and C are of same type.
Ans: lets assume A is speaking truth. It means B is a liar then it means A and C are not of same type.
16.5 swimmers A, B, C, E, F and many conditions of their positions like there are Two b/w A & F, B doesn’t win etc the question was to find who was b/w like E & D?
17. in a race u drove 1st lap with 40kmph and in the second lap at what speed u must drive so that ur average speed must be 80kmph.
18. You have to draw 3 concentric circles with a line passing thru their center without lifting hand.
Ans: Start the line complete one circle move inside circles along the line and then draw second circle. Like wise rest.
19. A rectangular paper is there. At a corner a rectangular size paper is taken from it. Now you have to cut the remaining paper into two equal halves.
Ans: try it on the paper. You must fold the part that has complete paper and select Half of it and then fold the part that cut and selects half of it and then cut along the folding.
20. Value of (x-a)(x-b)………..(x-z)
21. There are 9 coins. 8 are of 1 gm and 1 is of 2 grams. How will you find out the heavier coin in minimum number of weighing and how many weighing it will need?
Ans: 2 weighing ( Divide the number of coins into 3 parts at each weighing)
9th August 2011, 01:23 PM
DN358
Banned

HCL PAPER ON 10th APRIL AT COIMBATORE

Total No Attended : around 330

Total Ppl placed : 89

There were three rounds

First Round : Apptitude
35 q apps.(1 hour) 20 q technical(15 mins)

Aptitude, logical reasoning, Data interpretation/sufficiency, Technical , microprocessor memory arrangement, c , memory management algorithm stuff etc

Second Round: Technical HR interview

I entered .

The HR asked me to relax and have some water.

i accepted it and said thanks.

He asked to say something interesting - not about me . no academic stuff.

i asked him if i cud explain him bout Nanotechnology. he said no.

then i asked him if i cud explain him bout Karunya. he said ok

i told him about my college. that went on for a few minutes.

then he asked me to tell about myself . i told him. (ps: Guys - Do this part well.)

told me to explain about Nanotechnolgy. i explained it briefly.

then he asked some qs related to my hobbies

Then he told me to explain something in which i cud answer any qs if asked.

i gave my area of intrest. i started explaining it .

he asked some qs in the middle. i answered them.

Then he asked me to give a concept for a c program to match two nos in an array.

( At that moment he was offered Tender coconut drink)

i was asked to write a c code for finding odd nos in a sequence.

when i finished writing the code, he offered the drink to me. i gladly accepted it.

then i explained the code at which time when i was also having the drink. ( It was a nice time) Then he said ok.

i thanked him for the drink. and then it was over.

Third Round: HR Interview

since there were too many people selected for HR interview, they made the HR round as GD.

There were 10 ppl in my round.

we were asked to suggest a topic.
9th August 2011, 01:35 PM
DN358
Banned

ach guy was saying something. i was the last to suggest.

i cudnt think of anyting . the only thing which came in my mind was - Is GD really necessary?

SO i jus said that directly from the heart.

the HR took it has a topic & said it was a nice topic.

though i didnt speak anything . later the topic was changed to " Is Technical Interview necessary ? "

The HR asked me to speak something . Then i gave a point. finally it was concluded.

Then we were asked for some Qs. I asked two Qs. then it was also done.

A day later The Results were announced.

Some FINAL Advice
Try Solving Logical Reasoning and General aptitude stuff. Work On GDs . Be very good in your areas of interest.

HCL TECHNOLOGIES PAPER ON 14th MARCH

It consists of 3 rounds.aptitude,technical, and hr.

In aptitude all puzzles came..pls follow shakuntala devi pattern..some english passage,logical reasoning like A,B,C,D,E,F, BICYCLE,MOTORCYCLE,TRUCK,ETC..you have to find who does which n resides in which city..all types from R.S.Aggarwal.

In aptitude the cut off is very low..so tick all the answers..they ll tell u negative marking..but i think actually they dun do so..so mark as many ans possible.

35 aptitude in 1 hr.next 20 technical questions were given in 15 mins time.
remember ee,ece, has a diff cut off than cse,it deptment.so cse,it guys pls score more than 12 out of 20. about 90 cleared in aptitude out of 130.

Then follows the technical round..a few lines from the actual interview...

me: good afternoon sir
sir: yes pls sit.can i have ur cv?
the person was a young chap,i was in panel B.panel A was easy..mostly hr questions and a few technical ..but my panel was damn technical all through.
me: o hh sure.
sir: so,shreya u took part in quest?when?u went to doordarshan?
me: y es sir.it was a quiz contest..and our team won..it was when i was in class 11.
sir: ok.so do u know c?c++?
me: yes sir.
sir: tellme sumthing bout functions to pointers.
me :sir what u want me to xplain?
sir: dynamic memory allocation.
me :xpalined well.
sir: whats the difference between calloc and malloc?
me: xplained.
sir: xplain doubly linked list.
me:draw the diagram and then xpalined well.
sir: what is its difference with single linked list?
me :again draw picture and xplained with code.
sir: tell the algorithm of binary search.
me: gave it.
sir :if i give u a few elements can u insert them in a binary tree?
me: yes sir.
sir: he gave me..
me: done a mistake
sir: what algorithm u told ur binary search tree is not matching with it..then he told me the mistake
me: yes sir..but my algorithm was right..during insertion i got confused with b tree.
sirk.so do u know whats normalization?
me: yes sir..xplained very good..all the reasons y we use it.
sir: ok.give me examples with 1NF,2NF,3NF,BCNF.
me: draw a table and xplained all..how it is done..and converted it to BCNF.
sir: whats thread.what is its difference with process?
me: gave well..this time i was puzzled..started swaeting cz he dint give me time even to think and he was switching topics..
sir: o k have u heard the name of mutual excluson?
me: sir..previous ques..answered well.
sir: whats kernel?
me: again told..
sir: ok my next q..that means mutual exclusion.
me:gave it.
sir: okk..u know c++ naa?
me: y es sir..a bit.
sir: whats oops concepts?
me: i explained all startingwith abstraction,data hiding,encapuslation,overloading,class,objects,ove rridding,polymorphism and all.
sir: okk thank u..u pls wait in a couple of minutes..u ll be called 4 hr.
i thought i got cleared the technical round.
hr: well ur family background.
me: told.
hr: t hree puzzles one after another.
me: solved..
hr: okk good..what u think u scored in apti?
me: i thought well
hr: no u hv just crossed the cut off.
30th September 2011, 07:27 PM
saugata2008

Placement paper of HCL and TCS attached for you bellow -

TCS 4.doc
TCS 3.doc
HCL 2.doc

Thank you
10th October 2011, 03:53 AM
njsingh15

Quote:
placement papers of various mnc company attached below
Attached Files
File Type: doc CTS paper.doc(25.5 KB, 130 views)
File Type: docx Tata Consultancy Service1.docx(63.6 KB, 146 views)
File Type: pdf syntel_placement_papers.pdf(237.2 KB, 186 views)
File Type: txt Infosys placement paper.txt(3.6 KB, 130 views)
File Type: pdf TCS.pdf(48.4 KB, 198 views)
File Type: pdf ibm_placement_papers.pdf(327.2 KB, 259 views)
12th January 2012, 10:34 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Placement papers of various MNCs?

Quote:

Placement Papers of Various MNCs

I have attached the placement papers of various top level IT MNCs along with this post for your reference..

Observe the pattern and the level of the questions asked..

Go through them and i hope they will help you out in your preparations..

Also do go through the interview experience shared by various candidates who have cleared the exams..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: doc TCS Placement Papers.doc(867.0 KB, 152 views)
File Type: doc HCL Placement Papers.doc(29.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: pdf hcl_placement_papers.pdf(483.1 KB, 180 views)
File Type: pdf 1121-Placement paper of CTS - 2004.pdf(59.5 KB, 101 views)
File Type: pdf 1089-IGate Placement Paper.pdf(60.8 KB, 204 views)
File Type: pdf Placement paper of Wipro - 2.pdf(57.7 KB, 123 views)
File Type: doc Infosys-Latest-Job-Interview-Placement-Paper-Pattern.doc(34.0 KB, 102 views)
File Type: pdf IBM-Sample-Test-Paper-1.pdf(61.9 KB, 139 views)
13th January 2012, 12:04 AM
anlakshmi

Placement papers of various MNCs?

I can attach some MNCs placement papers..

those are like IBM, TCS, Infosys, Syntel etc..
Attached Files
File Type: doc 2009 Syntel Placement Paper.doc(25.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: doc 2010 Syntel Placement Paper.doc(26.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: doc 2011 Syntel Placement Paper.doc(27.0 KB, 92 views)
File Type: doc Syntel Placement Paper 2012.doc(26.5 KB, 96 views)
File Type: pdf (www.entrance-exam.net)-IBM Placement Sample Paper 1.pdf(71.2 KB, 104 views)
File Type: pdf (www.entrance-exam.net)-IBM Placement Sample Paper 2.pdf(72.3 KB, 108 views)
File Type: pdf (www.entrance-exam.net)-IBM Placement Sample Paper 3.pdf(67.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: doc infosys placement paper I.doc(39.0 KB, 96 views)
File Type: doc Infosys Placement Paper II 2010.doc(44.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: doc January 2011 Infosys Placement Paper.doc(42.0 KB, 91 views)
File Type: doc January 2011Infosys Placement PaperII.doc(44.0 KB, 101 views)
File Type: doc TCS Placement Paper December 2010.doc(37.0 KB, 82 views)
File Type: doc TCS Placement Paper January 2011.doc(43.5 KB, 110 views)
File Type: doc TCS Placement Paper 2012.doc(31.0 KB, 86 views)
File Type: doc Sample HCL Freshers Placement Questions.doc(26.5 KB, 94 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?