11th September 2010, 02:25 PM
avtar123

Campus placements with year gaps?

i am in 3rd year in information technology branch...i am worried about my campus placements...i have passed my class 10 exams in 2003 with 66.7% marks and class 12 exams with 76% marks in 2005..i have a good score in b.tech till upto date with 78%...but i have a year gap of 3 years after 2005 which is unacceptable for so many companies...therefore i request you to kindy give me names of some software companies which accept this criteria...
plz help me out ....pz give reply as soon as possibe...

11th September 2010, 06:48 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Campus placements with year gaps?

You can cover this 3 years gap by showing of some work experience or showing that you were doing some course. You can show to the interviewers some of the initatives you have taken during those 3 years. In whichever company you apply, you will have to defend this gap and there is no company which may not ask this.
11th September 2010, 08:13 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Campus placements with year gaps?

dear friend,
No doubt your marks is well enough to seat in placement in any companies.

But most of the reputed companies like TCS,CTS,IBM,Infosys,Cap Gemini,Accenture etc put the criteria that only those student can seat in their campus placement whose aggregate marks is 60% & year gap maximum 2 year.

Your marks is good but you can't appear in campus placement in these companies as your year gap is 3 year.

But you can try for other companies like Wipro,Satyam etc which doesn't put the criteria in year gap.

& kindly upload your resume in the following websites which can alert you the jobs as per your qualifications.
Some websites are:
www.freshersworld.com
www.naukri.com
www.monsterindia.com etc

good luck.
19th September 2010, 01:47 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yeah some companies do ask the reason for the gap. For that you will have to provide the Gap certificate thus providing the reason for the Gap

If your reason is very much justifiable then they may not be harsh on you. Give it a try.

And if suppose you are the topper of your class then they may even ignore this gap.

So all the best
19th September 2010, 07:19 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

since you have the gap of three years which is a long period you should not worry and should be honest enough in telling the true cause of the gap to the campanies and just don't try to make excuses.
There are many companies who don't consider these factor , they only see your performance so you need to concentrate on it.
19th September 2010, 10:12 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

as you have one year gap then really it's a problem. but if you have proper reason like medical treatment then you may not face any problem. but if you have any backlog or other bad result that's why you are in year lack then they will not give chance. but you have a very good result. i think you have also a good knowledge in you subject. so you will get job in other company easily with your talent. then after some experience you may come to the reputed company through walk in interview with your experience. best of luck.
19th September 2010, 10:17 AM
meeria

dear friend

don't worry you get chance for campusing ;

But reputed companies like
1.TCS,
2.CTS,
3.IBM,
4.Infosys,
5.Accenture....................................... ... etc

above these companies criteria is :

aggregate marks is 60% & year gap maximum 2 year.

But you can try for other companies like Wipro,Satyam etc which doesn't put the criteria in year gap.
please register your name with cv in bellow website for more job option
www.freshersworld.com
www.naukri.com
www.monsterindia.com etc

all the best
19th September 2010, 10:20 AM
nuzhat fathima

hi,
does not matters if you score good at b.tech
and also not if you score bad.
19th September 2010, 02:55 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

there are some problem in some company but some company are taking palace with the year gap of student. so dont worry . thanking you ..good luck.
13th October 2010, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am a B.TECH(IT) final year student.I have passed my 10th in 2002 and 12th in 2004.I have very good percentage of marks in 10th ,12th and BTECH.I am a state board topper in class 10th and school topper in class 12th.I have participated in lots of extra curricular activities and achieved good position also.But I have three year gap between 10th and 12th.In my college no criteria regarding year gap for infosys and wipro.But still I am worried about my year gap.so i am requesting to you all plse give me some suggestion what should i do??plzzzz.........help me....
14th October 2010, 02:58 AM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Campus placements with year gaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avtar123 View Post
i am in 3rd year in information technology branch...i am worried about my campus placements...i have passed my class 10 exams in 2003 with 66.7% marks and class 12 exams with 76% marks in 2005..i have a good score in b.tech till upto date with 78%...but i have a year gap of 3 years after 2005 which is unacceptable for so many companies...therefore i request you to kindy give me names of some software companies which accept this criteria...
dear friend,

it is sometimes problem for year gaps students.but dont worry when you are facing interview they might ask for the reason.if your reason is acceptable to them then no problem otherwise many other psu jobs are there keep prepraring with regular studies.if you clear these written tests then nobody will ask about your year gap.

good luck.
14th October 2010, 01:06 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Since you are a brilliant student you hae good future in front of you and don't be worried regarding year gap.
But I cannot understand ho is the year gap when you passed your 10 in 2002 and 12 in 2004. You would have passed your 11 in 2003 and 12 in 2004 then where is the gap.
And you are a all rounder , you will only have to proove yourself you will get good opportunities.
keep appearing for interviews
22nd October 2010, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

Are the students having 1 year gap b/w 12th and Btech given less preference (inspite of good communication skills and knowledge) during campus placements or becoz it's just 1 yr, they are treated equally at start like other freshers? Is it acceptable , a student with 70%
in 10th, 71% in 12th and 8.32(avg.)in btech but 1 yr gap to get placed in top It firms like tcs,infosys,cts,IBM,Accenture etc. Please have your say??
24th October 2010, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

m a btech final yr student(i e 2011 batch) ,my 10 th score is 80.8%,12th score is 64.8% and btech score till now i e upto 6th semester is 8.225 cgpa .i have a gap of 2 yrs between my 12th and btech , m i eligible to sit in the campus for the companies like infosys ,mahindra satyam ,L&Tinfotech , tcs ,accenture.please reply soon as very soon my college is organising on campus
24th October 2010, 11:55 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Hi friend !!

Most companies look for 60 % career...A very few look for year gap rejection..So you need not worry about what has happened..In any way you cant fix that problem...though its not at all a reat problem...

Companies like

TCS
INFOSYS
WIPRO

dont consider this gap as problem or elimination criteria for recruitment of students on on-campus drive...

Good luck !!
25th October 2010, 03:28 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Don't worried about the year gap. Companies wants brain not marks or anything else.If you have good skills and confidence you surely get good job in good company.So first try to clear your concept and focus more on your semesters.
Good luck!!!
25th October 2010, 07:16 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

definetely you are going to face problems in campus selection due to year gap. if you dont want to face problem then prepare to show what were you doing in those year.
25th October 2010, 10:48 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,
You can check with accenture, because one of my friends having a gap of three years got selected off-campus in that.
25th October 2010, 11:32 AM
yogananda143

dnt worry,during interview give the true reason for ur gap
26th October 2010, 12:07 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
m a btech final yr student(i e 2011 batch) ,my 10 th score is 80.8%,12th score is 64.8% and btech score till now i e upto 6th semester is 8.225 cgpa .i have a gap of 2 yrs between my 12th and btech , m i eligible to sit in the campus for the companies like infosys ,mahindra satyam ,L&Tinfotech , tcs ,accenture.please reply soon as very soon my college is organising on campus
Hi,
your 10th and 12th marks are eligible for any leading companies. Even your btech score is also. since you had only 2 years gap, you can apply for following company
Infosys
TCS
Wipro
Accenture, etc.

But you have to give proper reason for dat 2 years gap.

Good luck!!!!
28th October 2010, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Do the body structure matters to get a job in Best IT companies??i mean height and all plays role in that??
29th October 2010, 01:08 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
Do the body structure matters to get a job in Best IT companies??i mean height and all plays role in that??

No these courses are such that in which your performance is counted its not MBA where your personlaity has to play major role.
In IT your knowledge will be counted
4th November 2010, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

i am final yr mca students in 2008-2011 batch.i have passed 10th in1998 78% and diploma 61% in 2004.in diploma session my gap is 3yrs.then i have passed bscit(le)68% in 2006-2008. sir total my gap is 5yrs .sir please reply as soon as posible in which company i will fulfil the criteria...
10th November 2010, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

i am final year BE studens of 2007-11 batch... about 5-6 companies are xpected to visit for campus placement next month..my problem is that i have an aggregae of 59.6% and with a current backlog...thats y iam quite tensed regarding my eligibility...i want to ask that is there any chance of allowing me to sit in placements...is there any company which allow less than 60% and a current backlog..??? plzzz tell me...companies likely to visit are..infy...wipro..tcs...accenture..patni...CTS..L &T infotech...tech mahindra...etc
12th November 2010, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

Hello everybody,
I.m Amit Kr. Mahato,I would be thankful if anyone can suggest some tips to crack bank P.O. and specially name of some coaching centers,that may help me.....
13th November 2010, 10:52 AM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello everybody,
I.m Amit Kr. Mahato,I would be thankful if anyone can suggest some tips to crack bank P.O. and specially name of some coaching centers,that may help me.....
To crack clerk exam is little easy as compared to PO.
So need to work hard forthis exam.
There are coaching classes which you can join.
Theyare
1. Mahendras banking coaching Institute which is all over India and 1 of the no. institute and their success rate is high.It also provides correspondance course too.
For details vissithttp://www.mahendras.org
Others are
ETEN
Career coaching
NBS in Delhi and others
16th November 2010, 10:31 PM
nehra

Default Re: Campus placements with 2 year gaps?

i am a MCA student...i am worried about my campus placements...i have passed my class 10 exams in 2003 with 73.33% marks and class 12 exams with 66% marks in 2005..i have a good score in MCA till upto date with 79%...but i have a year gap of 2 years after 2005 for IIT.which is unacceptable for so many companies...therefore i request you to kindy give me names of some software companies which accept this criteria...
21st November 2010, 11:00 AM
avinash0094

some company take maximum 2 year gap. so you have some problem in the campus placement but some company offer for this. so dont worry and labour hard. thanking you..
6th December 2010, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Pls help me. I am engineering student .My 10th mark 58% and 12th 69% and 7.1 cgpa in B.E what i can do. . .any possibility to attend CTS ,TCS,wibro or any other company pls pls reply soon. . .
17th December 2010, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Can u provide me d list of s/w companies that provide jobs for,
BTECH-CSE with 55% aggregate...!
-ADITYA
18th December 2010, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

hii,i have complited my 10th in 2001 with 71.33%,in time of my 2 exam i was suffered from very serious illness,thats why i could not appear my 2 exam,i could not study for another one year allso,after that i joined in diploma in cse branch and passed in 2007 with 66%,then i prepared for btech one year,in 2008 i have joined in btech as alateral entry student in 2008,now i am a8th semester student,having cgpa of 6.89,and ihave now total 4 years gap,in our collage campus recrutment process is allready started,but i m not elligble for the companies,i m so much frusteted....plz say something for my problem
21st December 2010, 03:37 PM
drdo99
Banned

friend,
As said the eligibility is for age difference,which you have crossed.
but if you have confidence in yourself,you can prove the world wrong.
go on for entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship is a thought to create domains in market.
To do something innovative is a part of a entrepreneurship.
You have to dwell the thought of brightest cultivation to initiate this.
22nd December 2010, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

hi i am completed my 10 th in 2003 (62.5%), 12th in 2005(72.6%),B tech 2007-11, ....Since i have 2 years of Gap.................... Am I eligible for all companies ??

Please give me list those companies for which i am eligible.............?
Does TCS,ACCENTURE,INFI allow only one year gap???

plzzz reply soon..
23rd December 2010, 04:38 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

dear friend
these is realy aproblem for compusing but dont warry you will try to get a 3 years work experience certificate from any organisation. good luck
23rd December 2010, 07:05 PM
mukul0094
Banned

your percentage in 10th and 12th is good. many many company taking 2 year gap like TCS. so don't worry you can take part in the compaus palacement. thanking you.
27th December 2010, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of final year Electronics & tELECOMMUNICATION Engg.,but ihave a gap of 2years .with overall 55%till 3rd year.I passed 10th std. with 67% in2003 and 12th in 2005 with 51.17% . so,plzzzz,tell me companies that allow the gap up to two years
28th December 2010, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

dear friends
I have 77% in 10th and 68% in 12th and B.E in 2007.And now i am doing M.Tech(2009-11) and my avg is 82% .. I read 1 yr chem(Hons) after my 12th. I dont know if companies like TCS or Infosys take this 1 yr as a year gap. If anyone have any idea about that plz tell me. If they take it as a yr gap then my total gap is 3 yr. So plz tell me companies that allow 3 yrs.
29th December 2010, 01:08 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Campus placements with year gaps?

hello dear,

I am glad to say that year back do't have any effect on your placement on ly your technical skill,softskill,your way of talking,your command over english ,your gk should be strong....

So have these quality then you will definetly selected by big companies.......
29th December 2010, 08:32 PM
yajvendra

dear friend normally most of the company require your aggregate 60% and they do not consider your year gap like
WIPRO
TCS
so don't worry about year gaps and keep going
good luck...
31st December 2010, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Dear friends,
I am a student of 4th yr in cse. I have 87% in 10th and 68% in 12th. I have 8.9 GPA in B.tech. After 12th i couldn't appear in the engg. entrance due to my illness. I took admission in BCA and studied for 1 yr . But i was not satisfied with my trade. Then i dropped a year totally and prepared for JEE and then took admission in a good college. My marks are consistent in b tech and i also topped 2 times and my comm. and technical skill are also good. Now as the time to sit for campusing has come i am really worried about my eligibility. Please tell me whether i ll be eligible to sit for campusing on/off?? Whether my reason will be considerable?? Please help me out i'm really tensed.....
31st December 2010, 12:07 PM
Aindrila

Dear friends,
I am a student of 4th yr in cse.I have 2 year gaps B/w my Btech and 12th.
I have 87% in 10th and 68% in 12th. I have 8.9 GPA in B.tech. After 12th i couldn't appear in the engg. entrance due to my illness. I took admission in BCA and studied for 1 yr . But i was not satisfied with my trade. Then i dropped a year totally and prepared for JEE and then took admission in a good college. My marks are consistent in b tech and i also topped 2 times and my comm. and technical skill are also good. Now as the time to sit for campusing has come i am really worried about my eligibility. Please tell me whether i ll be eligible to sit for campusing on/off?? Whether my reason will be considerable?? Please help me out i'm really tensed.....
id- [email protected]
1st January 2011, 03:29 AM
nitish161

hi i am completed my 10 th in 2003 (62.5%), 12th in 2005(72.6%),B tech 2007-11, ....Since i have 2 years of Gap.................... Am I eligible for all companies ??

Please give me list those companies for which i am eligible.............?
Does TCS,ACCENTURE,INFI allow only one year gap???

plzzz reply soon.. How can I apply for TCS ??
6th January 2011, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

Dude Hi , go vth positive attitude if you won't get, then move vth - ve attitude" Attitude live it"
8th January 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

i have 68 % in both 10 and 12th but in b.tech i have scored 57.66% what are the options that are still open for me???
plz help
12th January 2011, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

friends ....I am studying in B.E (Electronics and comm) 7th sem
and i have 10th 55% and 12th 64.5% and my CGPA in B.E is 8.54
but i am not eligible for campus.....tell me what to do
15th January 2011, 09:46 PM
mukul0094
Banned

You will have some problem in the campus placement some company take maximum two year gap but some company asking reason for year gap.
So don't worry you will get placement.
all the best.
17th January 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

tcs allows a years gap of max 2 yrs for on campus...wats d max for off campus???plz help guys its very urgent for me to know!!
17th January 2011, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

sir,

i have 74.3% in my tenth and 81.8% in my intermediate ,and iam presently doing my btech and iam persuing my 4th year 2sem i hve 68.6%in my btech upto date,and i have a backlog we are going to have campus selections and the company is cts am i eligible for it???????????? plz give me response as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26th January 2011, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

can i get placements in leading multinational companies..my tenth score is 80.4,and 12th is 71.17,but my B.E score is 57%...so i'm worried about my future....do companies opt for guys with less than 55%...
27th January 2011, 12:37 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
can i get placements in leading multinational companies..my tenth score is 80.4,and 12th is 71.17,but my B.E score is 57%...so i'm worried about my future....do companies opt for guys with less than 55%...
most of the leading multinational company give eligibility criterion that students should have minimum of 60% marks throughout the career to appear in their recruitment process.

but you do not have 60% marks in B.Tech.so you will face difficulty to be placed for leading company.

but do not worry some company also do not have such criterion. you may apply for that type of company if you are unable to placed in multinational company.

best wishes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?