24th December 2010, 09:52 PM
kevalp

Doing B.Tech but there is no placement in our college : How to get a job?

hello..
i am doing b.tech now and i am average student. No placement in our college
i dont want to study further ... how will i get job?

25th December 2010, 02:19 AM
SUMAN BHARADWAJ

Default Re: Doing B.Tech but there is no placement in our college : How to get a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevalp View Post
hello..
My dear friend if there is no placement in your college then you can try offcampus placement.There are many companies which are providing jobs for freshers.I would suggest you to register in naukri.com,monster.com etc. so that you could get information about job vaccancies.
25th December 2010, 07:33 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Doing B.Tech but there is no placement in our college : How to get a job?

hi..
you should post your resume in websites like
naukari.com
timesjob.com
also keep looking for job openings in classified sections of all the major national newspapers,also keep track of the employment news.
all the best
25th December 2010, 07:46 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Most of the companies have a career option in their sites. You need to register yourself there. Also lookout for advertisements in the newspaper calling for candidates.
25th December 2010, 09:47 AM
mishra245

Don't problem there are many companies to provide a job after B.tech.
you apply individual for the placement in companies.
25th December 2010, 10:37 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

GOOD MORNING DEAR

Well don't get panic if your college is not providing a placement.

I suggest you to watch regularly emplolyment news in advertisement.

secondly improve your technical knowledge as well as softskill also having good command on your communication skill then no matter wherever obstacle come in your root you get job definetly...

Good luck........
19th February 2011, 09:26 PM
sonalgoel1

Smile Re: Doing B.Tech but there is no placement in our college : How to get a job?

Quote:
hello..
hello,

if there are no on campus placements in your college then you need not worry as you can apply in for off campus placements. Also keep in touch with newspaper regularly because there are advertisements regarding off campus placements in various colleges.

you should also register with elitmus and times job as they keep you informing about various off campus placements taking place and also this EDUCATION AND CAREER forum is helpful is giving all the updates.

all the best
20th February 2011, 07:47 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

to get a job
you should post your resume in websites like
naukari.com
timesjob.com
also keep looking for job openings in classified sections of all the major national newspapers,also keep track of the employment news.
you can try offcampus placement.There are many companies which are providing jobs for freshers

good luck
20th February 2011, 09:17 AM
aneesh.k

Post Re: Doing B.Tech but there is no placement in our college : How to get a job?

dont worry abt the plaements in your clg...we hav lot of oppurtunities outside the campus...if u know networking course..it is better to get a good job..
13th April 2011, 12:43 AM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, be cool and score more and apply in off campus so many companies waiting best of luck.
14th April 2011, 11:57 PM
sumati15

hello
you can get job offcampus.
there are many websites which gives information of current jobs.
what you have to do is just go throug registration.
16th April 2011, 12:59 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello..
you should open account in timesjob.com, naukri.com, monster.com.
you should make profile there and get offers from various companies.......
8th June 2011, 04:02 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Do not worry friend you just keep your eyes on local news paper,Employment news ..
in this present world lots of jobs are available
but your duty is just search a good job
good luck
25th June 2011, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Cool Re: Doing B.Tech but there is no placement in our college : How to get a job?

Quote:
hello..
how and where i will know where i will be placed?
1st July 2011, 06:36 PM

hiiiiiiii.........
try to cleared all the papers .....and get an account on times job,naukri,monsters......
always see freshers world for public sector job,employement news paper,times of india(only on monday),or any local news paper.....
best of luck
28th August 2011, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

Now i am B.tech 2nd year in ECE..if i get 80% in b.tech how much salary i get?
29th August 2011, 01:32 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, don't worry about jobs.

you will definitely get the job after your B.tech.

if there is no placement took place in your college then you have prepare for the Off campus interview.

you can do higher study also.like

1.M.Tech.

2.MBA.

3.MS.

4.JRF.

etc.

all the best............
29th August 2011, 02:39 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

Don't worry friend,
For job you can go for the off campus .
before that,
you must prepare your cv
go through the basic of your subject (branch /if you are going for s/w job then go with preparation of programming subject/ cs related subjects)

reasoning , aptitude and English ..you must prepare for qualifing the written exam..

In off campus they may conduct GD, so always update with your current information.

Good luck...
29th August 2011, 01:26 PM
rana2011
Banned

My friend,
if there is no placement in your college then you can try offcampus placement.There are many companies which are providing jobs for freshers.I would suggest you to register in naukri.com,monster.com........ etc.

Thanks!!
31st August 2011, 01:21 PM
sanju38121

sir, don't worry about this. Please get register on the following job sites.
www.monsterjobs.com
www.shinejobs.com
www.indeed.co.in
www.fresherworld.com

please submit your resume in these job sites
surely you will get a good job with handsome salary.

All the best
10th September 2011, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

I have an year back and 60% aggregate, i have good communication skills and good programming knoledge, what are my chances for offcampus placements.......
31st January 2012, 12:03 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Doing B.Tech but there is no placement in our college : How to get a job?

Hi

If you are studying B.Tech and looking for a job, this is nothing new. These days a lot of students are trying to get jobs and its a good sign.

First of All, If you are an average student, I would suggest you to work more on yourself. If not studies, then on your personality, communication skills, smartness, etc...

These things matter a lot during the placements in any company.

Now, as no company visits your campus for the Placement drives, I am afraid you will have to apply OFFLINE.

Usually On Campus placements are held to place the 4th year candidates directly from the college, but if not then they have to apply from outside.

Now I must also inform you that at first the IT Companies are the only choice for the B.Tech students to start their career with.

So If you want to apply in any of the companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro, Accenture, Cognizant etc.. then visit their official websites respectively and apply there.

Do note that each company have their own criteria for recruitment, so you have to satisfy them before you can apply.

Some of the website are :

www.infosys.com
www.tcs.com
www.wipro.com
www.cognizant.com
www.accenture.com
www.hcl.com

etc... and many more...

Please visit these websites and apply by filling the forms.

-> You have to be a complete graduate i.e should not have any pending backs. Also your CGPA should be more than 6.0.

-> You should have good communication skills and a pleasing personality.

-> There should not be more than 2/1 years gap in studies. This may vary.

Hope this helps

All the best.
31st January 2012, 01:18 AM
rkexam

Quote:
hello..
there is nothing to worry about your job There are many option you can take

1, you can find a job from online web sites Like

www.timesjobs.com

www.naukri.com

2. You can give the Exam of Gate because now these days you can Apply for Many Public sector and privates company on the basis of your marks.

B]How to Apply:-[/B]

To apply for Gate simply Go to-

Gate.iitm.ac.in

With Regards
RK
31st January 2012, 07:24 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
do not worry you have wide option though you do not have campus placement in your college. Off campus placement is held by many companies in a particular college. Those who have the necessary eligibility can apply for it.you can apply for it in your final year . In addition to this you can also apply for vacancies available in various companies notification for which is provided in various news papers and also in official website.
Engineering aspirants can apply for public sector units provided they have a valid gate score. Following which is group discussion and personnel interview. You can also apply for the indian engineering service which involves written exam followed by personnel interview .
Jobs are available in information technology in huge number when compared to the core field. But as far as possible get into the core field then only you will be able to persue your job with interest and full skill and you will be able to get to a good position.
31st January 2012, 08:32 AM
pm346789

dear friend,
if your collage is not providing campus facilities, so you can go for close campus in other collage, and for getting higher jobs in a future so you should prepare for gate exam. because from gate mark sheet you can get good job in any of the company. that company only see gate mark sheet and take interview and give jobs without entrance exam.
thank you
31st January 2012, 11:26 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend , after completion of B.tech course you can apply for jobs through off-campus placement..

You can get all the information regarding this off-campus placement from job providing websites like-
www.freshersworld.com
www.monster.com
www.timesjobs.com
etc..

Also you can apply for govt sector jobs..
For that you have to read employment newspaper..
From where you can get all the information regarding the central govt. jobs..

You can also join some consultancy, they will prepare you for the placements..
They will also help you to get a job by organizing some campus placements...

So, don't worry you will definitely get a job, just prepare yourself, and have patience..

All the best..
31st January 2012, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

Hey! don knw whch year u r in....but start applyin for jobs right now...n prepare for PSU......go for Aptitude, reasoning prepn.....n frst decide whch way to go...priavte sector or govt n prepare acc.....
31st January 2012, 07:05 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Hi.

Dont worry. Now a days there is a problem for on-campus interview in around 70% colleges in India.

Maximum students prefering off-campus interviews for jobs.
You should follow the employment news everyday in your newspaper.

You should also keep contact with the placement-cell of your college to know the name of the companies and the off-campus drives that are conducted in varius colleges.

The major factor is the talent. If you have talent and ability then no matter from which college you are.

So dont worry , just study at your best .

All the best.
31st January 2012, 08:54 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello..
Dear Friend,

Nowadays, there are many Engineering colleges in India. They expanding like hail.

Many of the colleges have does not have good Infrastructure, placement records and Faculties.

As your college is not providing any campus recruitments, you have to take initiative by yourself.

At first I will suggest you to follow the "EMPLOYMENT NEWS" newspaper regularly for latest vacancies.

You can also join some job sites such as

1.Naukri.com

2.Timesjob.com

3. Monsterjob.com

etc etc...........

For getting udated news of current vacancies, you may visit the following website

http://jobs.freshersworld.com/

Also register in some job consultancies such as ACK group, KCS group, Shivam group, Chatterjee International etc etc..........
28th April 2012, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

i am in 6th sem. can i also give my resume in naukri.com???
11th October 2012, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

STUDYING IN 4TH YEAR OF ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION BUT NOT SELECTED IN CAMPUS, WHAT TO DO TO GET JOB, I SCORED 90% IN SSLC, 92% IN PUC AND 82% TILL 6TH SEMISTER WHAT TO DO TO GET JOB, OR TO BE SELECTED IN BEST COMPANIES
27th December 2012, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

I have 2 years gap in B.E. 2nd yr. How to get a job?
27th December 2012, 04:42 PM
ShujaShaheen

Quote:
hello..
Hi. Regarding your concern, make a list of some companies which you find you can can get into. Visit their official websites. Check for the dates of interview and apply according. This is called off-campus application.

One more way of applying to any company is through reference. If you know someone working in some company, ask him to forward your resume. You will get an interview call according to the requirement of the company.
15th August 2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

how to get job in foreign company....????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?