9th July 2020, 03:59 PM
Cadt. Dharshan

Can 2nd year Engineering student is eligible to apply for CDS or AFCAT?

Sir/Madam, who is reading this I want to know whether I am eligible for applying CDA or AFCAT since I am studying 2nd year Computer Science Engineering but the problem is my 12th CBSE Math is 40%, Physics is 83, Chemistry is 75% and also is there any other way to join INDIAN DEFENCE currently I am 19 years old.

13th July 2020, 06:03 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can 2nd year Engineering student is eligible to apply for CDS or AFCAT?

CDS is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for recruitment in defence service. AFCAT is conducted for recruitment in Air Force.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination varies with examination. So, you can appear in the examination in final year of the B.Tech course.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.careerairforce.nic.in.

For more information about the examination visit at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
13th July 2020, 09:19 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can 2nd year Engineering student is eligible to apply for CDS or AFCAT?

You can apply for CDS (not CDA) and AFCAT exam once you reach in final year of your graduation (i.e. 4th year of your engineering course).

So, after 2 years you can apply online for CDS and AFCAT exam.

Note that CDS stands for Combined Defence Services and conducted by UPSC twice in a year. While AFCAT is conducted once in a year for IAF exam conducting authority.

There is no such percentage requirement in 10th and 12th to be eligible for CDS and AFCAT exam. You just have to pass 12th standard with PCM stream. And complete graduation in Physics/Mathematics/Engineering stream with at least 60% marks.

For CDS, you can apply from here once form releases. https://upsconline.nic.in/

For AFCAT, you can apply from here once form releases. https://afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?