18th July 2011, 03:33 PM
laltlankima

Can a BCA student appear for UPSC Exam?

is the BCA student can appear in the examination of upsc ? Some said they can...and some said they can't....i'm confused...i need help..

18th July 2011, 05:42 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a BCA student appear for UPSC Exam?

hi dear
b.ca course is a degree course after that the candidate is graduate
then you can apply upsc exam .

good luck............
18th July 2011, 07:25 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

yes for sure , if you have completed your BCA course from the recognized indian university

any candidate having the age between the 21 to 30 years and bachelor of the degree means graduate student can attempt for the different services of the upsc.

upsc offers mainly 17 services like IAS , IPS , IFS , IAFA , IRS ,IES .

for more detailed information about the upsc exams kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
18th July 2011, 10:39 PM
sachin6

Ya absolutely you are perfectly eligible for the upsc exam. The minimum qualification for that exam is degree graduation and age limit should between 21 to 30years. It conducts every year.
18th July 2011, 10:46 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by laltlankima View Post
is the BCA student can appear in the examination of upsc ? Some said they can...and some said they can't....i'm confused...i need help..

Can a BCA student appear for UPSC examination ?

Yes, definitely a BCA student are eligible to apply for the UPSC examination. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts many examination in every year. To appear in the UPSC examination you need the following eligibility criteria.

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize University.The final year graduation student are also eligible to apply for the UPSC examination.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

NOTE : The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidate belong to reservation category.

If you are a BCA student then according to eligibility criteria you are eligible for the UPSC examination. For complete information, please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
18th July 2011, 10:50 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

YES,A BCA STUDENT CAN APPEAR IN UPSC EXAM.
THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIRED IS A GRADUATION DEGREE FROM A RECOGNIZED COLLEGE.
FOR MORE DETAILS YOU CAN VISIT THE WEBSITE-www.upsc.gov.in
18th July 2011, 11:25 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hi friend!

The UPSC exams are conducted for numerous jobs and services,so it depens on you to choose and decide in which exam you want to appear.

In general the eligibility criteria is :

• To appear for the UPSC test you need to clear 10+2 or graduation (it will depend on the exam for which you wanna appear)
  • You must mentally and physically fit.

• You are required to meet all the specifications mentioned in the application form of the exam for which you intend to appear

So it will be totally your choice to decide.

Best Wishes......
18th July 2011, 11:46 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
UPSC conducts the Various Examination and you have not mentioned that in which UPSC examination you are Interested. UPSC conducts Civil services examination, CDS examination, SCRA examination, NDA Examination, IFS Examination, IES Examination.

But You are form BCA Background Then You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination and CDS examination.

For Civil services examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university and your age should between 21 to 30 years.

For CDS Examination You are eligible Only For I.M.A and Officers’ Training Academy Post, But for IMA Only Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years are eligible and for OTA married or unmarried Male candidate between 19-25 years are eligible.

The notification for Both these examination are published in the employment newspaper OR in the UPSC Official website. So please check the UPSC website To get the Information about Both these examinations. Eligible Candidates may apply for Both these examination Online.

Candidates will gets Only 4 Attempts in UPSC Examination, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates. And for More information please check the UPSC website -

http://upsc.gov.in
19th July 2011, 12:03 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

You are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination and CDS examination.

For Civil services examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognised university and your age should between 21 to 30 years.

For CDS Examination You are eligible Only For I.M.A and Officers’ Training Academy Post, But for IMA Only Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years are eligible and for OTA married or unmarried Male candidate between 19-25 years are eligible.

for more information of upse examinaton
http://upsc.gov.in
19th July 2011, 03:24 AM
Uttam Nandi

Quote:
is the BCA student can appear in the examination of upsc ? Some said they can...and some said they can't....i'm confused...i need help
In fact, some you can some you can't. There are several exams conducted by UPSC such as Civil service exams, central police forces examination, combined engineering service, indian forest examination exam to name a few. How much I can guess you have meant civil service exam by UPSC exam. Minimum requirement for CS is bachelor's degree in any discipline as notification by UPSC. There is no such restriction that BCA candidates can't write this examination. There are few exams with minimum qualification of bachelor's degree like Indian Forest Examination which you can't write. This is because you must have bachelor's degree in any of the disciplines among Animal Husbandasy & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, zoology, agriculture, forestry or degree in engineering to write this exam.
There is no need to listen to others and get confused. You can track notification of all the examination by UPSC visiting (http://www.upsc.gov.in)
19th July 2011, 12:48 PM
Amrithadavis

COMPUTER STUDENT LIKE BCA,MCA,BSC(COMP.SCIENCE),BSCIT,B.TECH(IT) can apply
19th July 2011, 02:39 PM
abhi789
Banned

please mention your stream.
19th July 2011, 03:14 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
there are a lot of exams conducted by upsc and for some of them you are eligible. you can give ias exam conducted by upsc. the eligibility qualification required for giving the exam is that the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks.
the age limit for the exam is 21 t0 30 years which can increase upto 5 more years for sc/st students.
the exam is conducted once in every year and the notification of the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam and to get previous years question papers, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
19th July 2011, 04:19 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Union Public Service Commission conducts many examination but being a graduate in computer applications , you may write the following examinations:

Civil Service Exam
For civil service exam, you must be within the age limit of 21-30 years.

Combined Defense Service Exam for Indian Military Academy
For combined defense service exam, you must be within the age limit of 19-24 years.

Central Police Force Exam
For central police force exam, you must be within the age limit of 20-25 years.

For further information, you may refer to the official website of UPSC.
19th July 2011, 05:52 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear bca student apply for UPSC exam
1st September 2011, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

i am a bca (correspondence). can i prepare for ias examination
14th October 2011, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

now,how can i prepare for csat and mains for upsc .And which can paper is good for upsc mains.sir give me suggeestion
14th October 2011, 11:24 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

dear friend ,

yes for sure , if you have completed your BCA course from the recognized indian university

any candidate having the age between the 21 to 30 years and bachelor of the degree means graduate student can attempt for the different services of the upsc.

for more detailed information about the upsc exams kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
14th October 2011, 11:26 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

dear friend ,

13th December 2011, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

which exam is suitable for bca graduate
27th February 2012, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi im doing bca i wanted to attend competitive exams from now only so which exam should i take and i dont know about that so plz ......u can contact me [email protected]
22nd April 2012, 09:28 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

YES, BCA STUDENTS CAN APPLY FOR U.P.S.C. EXAM.
YOU CAN APPLY FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.
AGE CRITERIA IS 21-30 YEARS FOR THESE EXAMINATIONS.
ALSO AGE RELAXATION IS THERE FOR SC/ST, O.B.C. CANDIDATES.
THESE ARE THE EXAMINATIONS YOU CAN APPLY FOR UNDER CIVIL SERVICE AS YOU ARE A GRADUATE DEGREE HOLDER:-

Indian Administrative Service
Indian Foreign Service
Indian Police Service
Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group – A
Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group – A
Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group – A
Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group – A
Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group – A
Indian Defense Accounts Service, Group – A
Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group – A
Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
Indian Postal Service, Group – A
Pondicherry Civil Service, Group – B
Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group – A
Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group – A
Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group – A
Indian Defence Estates Service, Group – A
Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group – A
Indian Trade Service, Group – A (Gr. III)
Indian Corporate Law Service, Group – A
Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group – B (Section Officer’s Grade)
Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group – B
Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group – B
Pondicherry Police Service, Group – B

YOU CAN ALSO APPLY FOR COMBINED DEFENSE SERVICE EXAMINATION, CPF(AC) EXAMINATION.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?