30th January 2017, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Can a Diploma in Civil Engineering study a degree course in Architecture? What should he do for it?

Hello sir, I have completed Diploma in Civil Engineering from Karnataka and now want to study a Architecture course. Can I study a degree course in Architecture? What should I do for it?

Related Questions:
31st January 2017, 05:00 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a Diploma in Civil Engineering study a degree course in Architecture? What should he do for it?

Being a Diploma in Civil Engineering degree holder you are certainly eligible for pursuing architecture degree course i.e; Bachelor of Architecture ( B.Arch. ) as diploma in civil engineering is a degree equivalent to higher secondary school degree with Mathematics as main subject which is the basic requirement for pursuing B.Arch degree course.

Further to be eligible for admission in top architecture colleges you will have to appear and qualify entrance examinations like NATA ( National Aptitude Test in Architecture ) and JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) Paper II.

For details about NATA you can visit the link www.nata.in where as for details about JEE Paper II you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
31st January 2017, 09:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a Diploma in Civil Engineering study a degree course in Architecture? What should he do for it?

First thing I would like to let you know that the basic eligibility criteria required for pursuing degree course of Architecture i.e; B.Arch ( Bachelor of Architecture ) is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline but with Mathematics as main subject from a recognized board of examination.

Since you have completed diploma in Civil Engineering degree course which is an equivalent degree to the required educational qualification and hence you are eligible for pursuing the same course.

Further for pursuing the same course from CFTIs like IIT, NIT, etc. you are required to appear in JEE Paper II examination where as for admission in other top architecture colleges you will need to qualify NATA. Also for details about these examination you can refer to the links www.jeemain.nic.in and www.nata.in respectively.
31st January 2017, 10:29 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely diploma in civil engineering degree holder is certainly eligible for pursuing degree course in architecture.

Degree course in Architecture refers to Bachelor of Architecture which is a bachelor degree course of five and half years after completing which one heads towards becoming an architect.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing B.Arch is a Class 12th or any equivalent degree with Mathematics as main subject from a recognized institute.

Since, diploma in engineering is considered equivalent to Class 12th with Mathematics so you are certainly eligible for pursuing B.Arch degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?