3rd August 2012, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Can an IT Engineer get the Job after the Gap of 2years from Graduation?

I have done my BE-IT in 2010 with Aggregate 55% But i didnt got any Job due to Lack of knowledge and so i entered into Business but it didnt worked out and at present i need to get some job that can lend me a better salary in future.

Please Suggest Few ways to start up my Career in IT

22nd September 2012, 04:32 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an IT Engineer get the Job after the Gap of 2years from Graduation?

As there occurred, two year gap in studies, it is better to look for some short term courses. Institutes NIIT offers technical supporting courses in Oracle, java, .NET, etc. Pursuing SAP course will help you to find a rewarding job in IT sector. Other than this, you can try for courses like CCNA, CCNP, as well. These programs will help you to build up a lucrative career in networking or communication field.
22nd September 2012, 06:19 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an IT Engineer get the Job after the Gap of 2years from Graduation?

You made a mistake by opting for the B.E in IT. It offers less job opportunities in comparison to something like Computer Science Engineering. The other issue for you would not be 2 years gap in studies but the 55 percent marks in Engineering. Some companies accept candidates with 2 years gap but they would not usually IT compaines would not accept candidates with less than 60 percent marks.

Considering these factors I would say it is very difficult for you to find a job in big IT companies. You certainly would not meet their requirement. These IT companies would reqiuire at least 60 to 65 percent marks throughout the academic career which means that 60/65 percent marks in 10th, 12th and B.E.

As you can see, your percentage in B.E. is way short for that. Some of the top IT companies are not going to give you any exemption therefore you should look to get job in Medium Enterprise. Some examples are:

Nortel Networks

Patni

GTL Limited

Kanbay Software India Pvt. Ltd

Covansys (I) Pvt. Ltd

NIIT Technologies

L&T Infotech

Some of the companies like the ones mentioned above would hire a candidate with 55 percent marks. However I would like to point out that since you are applying for job after 2 years gap during interview you may face question regarding this and you would need to come up with strong reason.

The other option for you would be pursue M.Tech. But I would only recommend it if you fail to get a job. You would have to appear for GATE entrance exam to get admission for M.Tech. This is very important.

You can complete M.Tech in various aspects for IT. It would give you better chance you find a job. In case no private company hires you then go for the lecturer job. Post graduate candidates with at least 55 percent marks in PG can apply for National Eligibility Test.
23rd September 2012, 11:17 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Thanks to you that you asked this as this question is asked by many people like you.

Dear there , as you have mentioned above that you have completed your graduation from IT . so , one thing i would like to tell you that as per reports from the last five years , students from CSE,IT and Mechanical engineering are recruited the most .

This has happened because of the large number of IT Companies coming in our nation.

So , in my opinion you would face some difficulties only this is because you have 2 years gap after completing your graduation otherwise there is no other facts that comes as a problem for you in getting job.

But few things you have to keep in mind that :

* You must have completed your graduation on a good note.

* You don`t have any pending backlogs.

* You must have a sound knowledge and a unique approach in IT fields.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
12th October 2012, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

Can an mechanical Engineer get the Job after the Gap of 2years???
18th October 2012, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

can a computer engineer after the gap of 2 years after 12th & what do i do to get a good job in reputed company???
27th March 2013, 03:38 AM
Unregistered

HI, my name is amit. I didnt get job till today after passing my engineering in ECE in 2012. College campus was not good and after that i was not having a clue what to do. After that i studied Java as i am interested in java. But still no job.Can anyone guide me because i don't know what to do.
10-76%
12-71%
B.Tech-7.7(CGPA)
28th June 2013, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

I have done my BE-IT in 2011 with Aggregate 55% But i didnt got any Job due to Lack of knowledge and at present i need to get some job that can lend me a better salary in future.

Please Suggest Few ways to start up my Career in IT.Is it possible now??Or it's all finished??? :(
29th June 2013, 07:18 PM
pinksony

Hello dear....

Yes you have few chances to get into job after 2years gap from graduation...

It is totally based on your communication and technical skills......

Develop your non verbal communication as it is very important in group discussion and debate...

All the best dear....
18th January 2015, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/madam,
I am an E&TC engineer student passout in 2014. i had got 58% in BE. Due to illness i had to take drop once in UG so it affected my criteria and marks. Now i am doing ME electronics . and hoping for getting better knowlegde and good marks. But the campus is asking for 60% criteria for campus on BE marks basis. So what shall i do now?
24th September 2018, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

I have also same problem, can I get the job after 2 year gap after be computer
9th December 2018, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

I have done my BE-CS in 2011 with Aggregate 65% But I got married so now 2 years gap. can I get job?
13th August 2020, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

I have 3 years of gap in education. So how I explain to interviwer . So he select me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?