20th May 2013, 12:27 PM
Ajeethakur2

Can I appear in CAT exam? I want to prepare for MCA

Sir can i appear in CAT exams because i want to know it if i wish to prepare for MCA my better.And Sir i have got 44% in 12th so plzz Sir Give me the answer plzzz....

4th July 2013, 03:24 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in CAT exam? I want to prepare for MCA

If you are interested in MCA, you need to prepare for entrance exams for the same. AIMCET, NIMCET, etc are some of the national level entrance for MCA. Those who have studied mathematics as a subject at 12th or graduation can apply for such entrance exams. CAT is conducted for selecting candidates to MBA. A minimum of 50% marks in graduation is required to apply for CAT.
5th July 2013, 10:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajeethakur2 View Post
Sir can i appear in CAT exams because i want to know it if i wish to prepare for MCA my better.And Sir i have got 44% in 12th so plzz Sir Give me the answer plzzz....

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. This exam is popular exam all over the India.

This exam is being conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) in order to give admission for MBA course in top B-Schools and IIMs.

CAT exam require 50% marks in graduation from recognized university from any discipline .For SC/ST candidate marks required is 45% .

MCA degree is not required here only graduation degree needed .

Final year of graduation degree are applicable for CAT Exam .

You can attempts here unlimited times , there is no restriction for attempts in CAT Exam .

If you are fulfill the above mentioned criteria then you are applicable for CAT exam .This exam is not depend on 12th standard marks .

Questions papers are coming from the topics of 1) Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation and 2) Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.

Best Books for CAT Exam

How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition
Author: Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill

CAT Topic-Wise Solved Papers 6th Edition
Author: Deepak Agarwal, Shipra Agarwal
Publisher: Disha Publication

CAT Common Admission Test Solved Papers Entrance Examination
Author: G. K. P
Publisher: G.K.Publication (P) Ltd

List of the Best Coaching Center for CAT Exam:-

1.Triumphant Institute of Management Education Pvt Ltd (T.I.M.E)

2.IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd

3.Career Launcher (CL)

4. Career Forum

For more details about CAT Entrance exam , you should visit to http://www.catiim.in
5th July 2013, 10:54 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

$$ As you have mention that you are wishing to prepare for the MCA that is Master of Computer Application then why should you are wishing to apply for the CAT examination ?. CAT is not the Entrance Examination which lead you the MCA course.

$$ CAT is stands for the Common Admission Test which being Conducted by the Top Indian Institute of Management every year for those candidate who are wishing to join their Further Study in the Management field in the Top Business School that is MBA Course....

$$ If you wish too for making your career in the Business Or Management field then and only then you have to apply for this examination.....

Quote:
There is No any Need for the Applying CAT Exam if you are wishing to go For MCA.....
$$ There are various Entrance-Exam is going to be conducted for getting admission in the MCA by the Universities it self. Some of the Common Entrance-Exam for the MCA are:
  • Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET)
  • Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE)
  • West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam for MCA

$$ For Applying the MCA A candidate must be Graduate in any Discipline From the Well Recognized Universities are applicable for this exam....

$$ A candidate must have completed their Graduation degree or 10+2 with Mathematics Subjects Compulsory......

$$ A candidate must have completed their Graduation degree in with at least 50% in their Graduation are applicable for this examination. Relaxation for Reserved category are also applicable with 45%....

List of Best Colleges for the MCA:-

• Pune University
  • Jawaharlal Nehru University
  • Hyderabad Central University
  • National Institute of Technology
  • Birla Institute of Technology
  • PSG College of Technology
  • NIT- National Institute of Technology
  • MN National Institute of Technology (NIT)
  • Vellore Institute Of Technology

So, All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
7th July 2013, 02:26 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Ajeet,

The acronym for CAT is Common Admission Test.

The acronym for MCA is Master in Computer Applications.

First of all, I would like to inform you that CAT examination is conducted for MBA course.

The eligibility criteria required for the CAT examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation with 50% marks from any recognized college or university.

* SC/ST contenders need 45% marks.

* Final year contenders are also eligible.

* Age limit is not required.

* No. of attempts is not required.

* Nationality:- Indian.

7th July 2013, 10:04 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

You can appear in the CAT exams which are conducted by IIM aech year if you meet the below eligibilty conditions:

Educational qualifications required for CAT exams
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply

Important Dates for CAT 2013

Sale of vouchers: 29th July 2013 to 24th September 2013
Registrations: 29th July 2013 to 26th September 2013
Exam dates: 16th October 2013 to 11th November 2013

In CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:
Verbal Ability
Logical Reasoning
Quantitative Ability
Data Interpretation
8th July 2013, 12:11 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
CAT(Common Admission Test) is given for taking admission in MBA(Master of Business Administration) Course.Through this entrance test you will not be able to take admission in MCA(Master of Computer Application) course.To take admission in MCA Course you will have to apply for other Entrances Exam.Some of these are :
  1. AIMCET for taking admission in IIT.
  2. NIMCET for taking admission in NIT.
  3. BITSAT for taking admission in Birla Institute of Technology.
  4. JNU-JEE for Jawahar Lalk Nehru University,new Delhi.
  5. OJEE for taking admission in Orissa MCA Colleges.
  6. JECA for taking admission in West Bengal MCA Colleges.
  7. BHU-JEE for taking admission in Benaras Hindu University.
  8. MAH-CET for taking admission in Maharshtra MCA Colleges.
Eligibility for CAT for MBA Course
  • You should be pass out in Graduation degree course in any discipline from recognized university.
  • If you belongs from the General/OBC category then your minimum marks should be 50% in Bachelor degree course.
  • If you belong from the SC/ST category then your minimum marks in Bachelor degree course should be 45%.
Exam Syllabus for CAT for MBA Course

Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation.

Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning.

Eligibility for MCA Course
  • You should be pass out in Bachelor degree course in any discipline with Mathematics as a compulsory paper in 10+2 as well as in Graduation level.
  • If you belong from the General/OBC category then your minimum marks in Bachelor degree course should be 60%.
  • If you belong from the SC/ST category then your minimum marks in Bachelor degree course should be 50%.
Exam Syllabus for MCA Course

Mathematics of Graduation Level.
English Language.
General Awareness/General Knowledge.
General Reasoning.
Computer Fundamentals.
8th July 2013, 01:42 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

CAT stands for Common Admission Test

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application

This exam is being conducted by IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) in order to give admission for MBA course in top B-Schools and IIMs

CAT exam require 50% marks in graduation from recognized university from any discipline

For SC/ST candidate marks required is 45%

MCA degree is not required here only graduation degree needed

Final year of graduation degree are applicable for CAT Exam

The candidate must be citizen of India

Age limit is not required

No. of attempts are not required

Important Dates for CAT 2013:

Sale of vouchers: 29th July 2013 to 24th September 2013

Registrations: 29th July 2013 to 26th September 2013

Exam dates: 16th October 2013 to 11th November 2013

In CAT exams questions are asked from below sections:

Verbal Ability

Logical Reasoning

Quantitative Ability

Data Interpretation

All the best........
8th July 2013, 05:41 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Master of Computer Application is 3 years post graduation course. You should not appear for Common Admission Test to get admission for MCA. The Common Admission Test is for admission in Master of Business Administration and not MCA.

There are other entrance exams for the Master of Computer Applications that you shoud consider. Som example are:

AIMCET

BHU MCA

JECA MCA

JNU MCA

MHT CET MCA

PAM CAT

LUCSAT

These are the exams to consider and not the Common Admission Test. Only these exams can give you admission for Master of Computer Applications. To appear for any entrance exams for MCA you should have completed graduation.

What you score in 12th standard will not be considerd to take admission for MCA. All entrance exams will consider your performance in graduation course.

MCA Eligibility

1. You should have completed graduation.

2. Around 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. Maths should be subject in 12th standard.

In case it was a typo and you wanted to type MBA then I should write about Common Admission Test as well. You will have to complete graduation for CAT. It is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management but there are several government and private colleges that accept the CAT score.

CAT Eligibility

1. A bachelor's degree in any discipline.

2. 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. SC/ST should secure 45 percent marks.
8th July 2013, 09:51 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
CAT Stands for Common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIM's ) Once in a year . IIM is best college in India to purse the MBA course , if you are crack the CAT Exam with good marks then you will definitely get the admission into IIM . Let see the eligibility criteria for this examination .

The aspirant must have a hold the degree course (10+2+3) with any discipline from a recognized University and must secure at least 50% marks in their examination . 45% belongs to the scheduled caste , scheduled tribes , other backward caste , persons with disabilities . Those who are appearing in the final exam of their degree course may also eligible to apply but there is no standing backlogs at the time of appearing for this examination . If you have any standing backlogs then you are application forms have a chances of rejection .

The application forms will be available in the month of October or November in the official website of CAT as well as employment news papers also like Hindu , Times of India ... etc .

Selection Procedure of CAT Examination :: Written examination , Group Discussion and Personal Interview .

Written exam pattern :: English Comprehension , Data Analysis , Data Sufficient , Logical reasoning , Criticial Reasoning , Quantitative Aptitude , General awareness .

All the best....................

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?