18th September 2013, 02:59 AM
rahulkumar56

Can I appear for GATE exam? I am a B.Tech student of electronics and telecommunication

i'm a b-tech student of electronics and telecommunication . so, can i appear for gate exam to be held in 2014.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for GATE exam? I am a B.Tech student of electronics and telecommunication
  2. Is RVD university is recognized by AICTE or UGC? I'm doing B.Tech(Electronics and telecommunication) and in 7th sem
  3. Can I give BSNL TTA exam after B.Tech Electronics and Telecommunication?
  4. Is there any scope in doing mba after btech in electronics & telecommunication? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I get any job after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication?
  6. Can I appear for GATE in CSE while pursuing electronics and telecommunication engineering?
  7. Is RVD universities recognized university? Can I appear for GATE exam after completing B.Tech?
  8. Can I get any job after completing IETE diploma in electronics and telecommunication
  9. Previous 5 year Question Papers of IES Exam for Electronics & Telecommunication stream?
  10. Syllabus and last 5 years question papers of J.E(Trans) of Mahatransco exam for electronics and telecommunication
  11. Am I able to give Bihar BSNL TTA exam? I am doing B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication
  12. Is it possible to get M.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication in any college after scoring 26 in GATE ECE?
  13. How to prepare for OAS exam after completing B.Tech in electronics and telecommunication? Procedure to prepare for it?
  14. How many seats are available for JELET student for electronics and telecommunication engineering
  15. Electronics and telecommunication papers of previous GATE exam
  16. What is the fee requirement for B.Tech, B.E course in electronics and telecommunication?
  17. Procedure to apply for Training/Internship programme in SAIL Bokaro Steel Plant for B.Tech Electronics & Telecommunication 5th semester student? -- [New]
  18. GATE study material for electronics and telecommunication branch?
18th September 2013, 08:54 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE exam? I am a B.Tech student of electronics and telecommunication

YES, You can apply

GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the Exam conducted by IIT each year

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:
>> BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year student

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th

Important dates for GATE 2014 Exams:

Forms can be filled from 2nd September 2013
Last date to apply is 1st October 2013

GATE 2014 Online exams would be held between 1st February and 2nd March 2014 on every Saturday and Sunday

Application Fees:
Male candidates:Rs 1500
Female Candidates: Rs 750
SC/ST/PWD Candidates: Rs 750

GATE PAPERS:
Aerospace Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Mathematics
Architecture and Planning
Mechanical Engineering
Biotechnology
Mining Engineering
Civil Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Physics
Computer Science and Information Technology
Production and Industrial Engineering
Chemistry
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
18th September 2013, 09:33 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE exam? I am a B.Tech student of electronics and telecommunication

Yes, you can appear for GATE after B.Tech. in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance exam conducted by IIT and Indian Institute of Science for admission to M.Tech. courses in IITs, NITs, IIS etc.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University, can apply for GATE. There is no upper age limit for application to GATE.

You can apply for GATE for 2014, the application process has been started.

The Score will remain valid for two years and Public Sector Undertakings are also considered GATE score for getting a job in PSUs.
18th September 2013, 11:20 AM
B.Srikanth Yadav

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for GATE exam? I am a B.Tech student of electronics and telecommunication

Hi Aspirant,

1.You can apply for gate after completion of your B.tech course.
2.Final years students can also eligible for gate exam.
3.After completion B.tech course you should not have any back classes.
4.be prepare from now onwards to get good rank in gate exam.so that you can get good job.
5.after writing gate exam you can do M.tech ,after M.tech go for PHD.

Thank You
18th September 2013, 02:55 PM
EFDRTG

Dear user

If you have minimum 60% marks in 10th,12th and graduation then you can apply for gate.
There are total only 14 companies under PSUs who have announced recruitment through gate. I have listed almost all of them.

Recruitments will be done in two phases:
phase 1:January
phase 2:February

HPCL
www.jobs.hpcl.co.in

POWERGRID
www.powergridindia.com

BPCL
www.bpclcareers.in

GAIL India
www.gailonline.com

IOCL
www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/job.aspx

NTPC
www.ntpccareers.net

BHEL
www.careers.bhel.in

MECON
www.meconlimited.co.in/

BEL
www.bel-india.com

NALCO
www.nalcoindia.com

Concor India
www.concorindia.com

HECL
www.hecltd.com/

DDA
http://dda.org.in

MECL
www.mecl.gov.in

Good luck
18th September 2013, 03:01 PM
Mattyjkk

If u are a student of ece, then u give ur gate exam in ece, it will be easier for u. Based upon gate score card in ece, you can take admission in m.tech cse, no problem. If you want to give gate in cse, you can appear no pbm, but previous option is better.
18th September 2013, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope for telecommunication? i am studying in v sem telecommunication. what are the projects to be carried out for inclusion in my resume?
18th September 2013, 04:50 PM
r091372
Member+

If You are studying B.tech 4th year or If you have completed Your b.tech, then you are eleigible to write GATE-2014 exam.
All the best for you.
18th September 2013, 06:23 PM
s.snedh
Member+

The categories of candidates who can apply for GATE are listed below.

Candidate should have Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy, Engineering or Architecture. Final year students can also apply for GATE.

Candidate should have Master’s degree in any branch of Science, Mathematics, Computer Application, or Statistics. Final year students in these streams too can also apply for GATE.

Candidates who have obtained a professional degrees equivalent to B.Tech or B.E recognized by UPSE or AICTE can also apply. The usual courses are AME by ICE(I) and AMIE by IE(I).

Candidates who have passed Dual degree program or 5-year Integrated Masters degree program or 4-year Integrated Master’s Degree Program (after B.Sc) in Engineering or Technology can also apply for GATE.

Good Luck...
18th September 2013, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Mai apni english spoken or grammer ko improve karna chati hu kaise karu?
18th September 2013, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Yes, you re eligible for the exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?