22nd September 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for GATE in CSE while pursuing electronics and telecommunication engineering?

i am persuing electronics & telecommunication engg. final year and i want to appear GATE in CSE.Is it possible ?? Plz reply me as soon as possible

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between Electronics and Communication Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering? What is the scope of CSE now and after 4 years?
  2. Can I do M.E in mechanical engineering after pursuing B.E in electronics and telecommunication engineering
  3. Difference between electronics and communication and electronics, telecommunication and electronics engineering?
  4. Post graduation in Astronomy possible after Electronics & Telecommunication engineering?
  5. How to get into IIT through GATE exam? I am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering of 2nd year
  6. Is it possible to do sound engineering after completing degree in electronics and telecommunication
  7. Am I eligible for admission through MHT CET after scoring 64% in PCM? Which one is a better course between CSE, Electronics and Telecommunication, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Is it possible to get M.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication in any college after scoring 26 in GATE ECE?
  9. Can I appear for GATE Mechanical Exam after pursuing B.E CSE? Will I be able to get admission in M.Tech Mechanical in IITs after completing B.E CSE?
  10. List of colleges affiliated to AIEEE in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Syllabus of Electronics and Telecommunication engineering for Engineering services examination?
  12. Admission in Aeronautical Engineering after Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering?
  13. Which PSU hire electronics and telecommunication engineers? What is the date of the exam? I am B.Tech Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
  14. Is there any vacancy for diploma electronics and telecommunication
  15. How to do PG in Aerospace engineering after passing 3 years electronics and telecommunication engineering?
  16. Does this a right choice of opting for MBA in Aviation Management after completion of Graduation in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering?
  17. Is there any scope in doing MBA in Aviation Management after Bachelor in electronics & telecommunication Engineering?
  18. Can I get job if pursuing Internship in BHEL being a B.E.(Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering) student? -- [New]
1st April 2013, 12:16 AM
krrishh_002

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE in CSE while pursuing electronics and telecommunication engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am persuing electronics & telecommunication engg. final year and i want to appear GATE in CSE.Is it possible ?? Plz reply me as soon as possible

Hello dear,

Sorry!! but No.

GATE exam can be written only for there respective branches.

GATE exam is for pursuing Masters or for getting job.

If your pursuing B tech from ECE branch how can you specialize in CSE or get a job based on CSE.

It not at all possible.

If your Interested in CSE you can do dual degree. otherwise no chance of specialization in CSE.

Thanks!
24th July 2013, 04:58 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for GATE in CSE while pursuing electronics and telecommunication engineering?

Yes, it is possible for you to apply for GATE exam by final year of engineering. No specific percentage of marks in engineering is required to apply. There is no upper age limit for GATE. Limitation is not there for the number of exam attempts also. Detailed information on the exam can be collected from the portal of GATE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?