12th January 2019, 07:56 PM
Mahammadrafik

Can I appear for Karnataka CET - 2019 while studying Engineering course?

Sir, I am studying engineering in Davangere. My age will be 24 years in May, 2019. Now, can I apply for Karnataka CET, 2019 for securing medical seat through NEET?

31st January 2019, 08:54 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for Karnataka CET - 2019 while studying Engineering course?

As far as you are concerned about securing medical seat then there is no need to apply for KCET as admission to undergraduate degree course in any medical college (except AIIMS and JIPMER) across India is based on the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test).

Further, being a student of engineering degree course, you are still eligible to apply for KCET for engineering or pharmacy admissions if you hold the minimum educational requirements for the same which is a Class 12th with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects for engineering admissions while Class 12th with PCM/PCB group for Pharmacy admissions with at least 45% marks from a recognised board. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

For more details regarding the KCET, you can refer to the link www.kea.kar.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?